kpo117's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 7:00 AM

Closed

MLB.tv with Extra Innings Package

Anyone know how to set up the MLB.tv account that comes with the Extra Innings Package? I order the package 2 days ago and whenever I try and link my account through MLB.tv, all it does is take me to the page that shows how to order Extra Innings through the voice remote. (https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/sports/mlb/extra-innings?lang=en&ui_style=dark)

I would like to be able to access MLB.tv so I can watch spring training games.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

This process of authentication doesn’t work for me. After entering xfinity as my provider, I’m transferred back to the CART screen for extra innings. I have validated with xfinity that I have the extra innings package. There has got to be a better process that xfinity can provide. I’m traveling with no access to Mlb.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I did not have to call anyone, starting later in the afternoon yesterday the link to xfinity from “I purchased mlb.tv from my tv provider” started working.

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

MLB Extra Innings HD Beta is a definite step up from the SD offerings, with the exception that the HD Beta games cannot be recorded.

The SD offerings, when displayed on an HD TV (somebody out there still has an SD TV?), are essentially unwatchable. The video quality, unless viewed from an adjacent room, is horrible. And the SD broadcasts use a 'letter box like' format that annoyingly stretches the display.

Given that MLB Extra Innings is a premium, extra cost package, how can Comcast justify presenting the package with a recording feature that's available for only those games broadcast mostly in SD? When will Comcast address this issue,  either by broadcasting all games in HD or by dropping the 'no recording' limitation for games streamed via HD Beta?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

The free preview also includes MLB EXTRA INNINGS Out of Market HD Beta games for Xfinity X1 customers. You can also watch MLB EXTRA INNINGS on your TV on the below channels. HD channels may not be available in all areas. There won't be any team speicifc channels. 

Note: The easiest way to access the games in HD is to say “MLB Extra Innings HD Beta” into your X1 Voice Remote.

• Standard Definition: GAME1 through GAME14
  • High Definition: GAMEHD (GAMED) and GAMEHD2 (GAME2)
Access MLB Extras on the Sports App on X1
  1. Open the Sports app on X1 by doing one of the following:
    • Press the C button on the remote control.
    • Say 'Sports App' into your X1 Voice Remote.
    • Press the xfinity button on your remote control. Using the right arrow button, scroll to highlight Apps, and press OK. Then, scroll to highlight Sports, and press OK.
  2. The app will launch on the right-hand side of the screen.
  3. Once the app is open, select the MLB tab at the top. You'll still be able to watch live TV on the left-hand side of the screen while viewing the score of all games previously played that day and games that are ongoing. Use the up and down arrow buttons to highlight the MLB game you would like to explore, and press the OK button to select it.
  4. Use the right and left arrow buttons to cycle through Extras to view game previews, live coverage, statistics, postgame recaps and more.

For those of you that have purchased the service and are having trouble authenticating the service, please feel free to send me a PM with your name so I can take a look on this end. 

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

We have subscribed to MLB Extra Innings and cannot access it on X1. When we go to the Sports App it keeps telling us to subscribe. We have called customer service and they've reset our box, etc., to no avail, but they have confirmed our subscription is active. We can log on to MLB.tv with our Xfinity credentials, but we can't watch it on X1. Can you please help?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

It says right on the ad on the site that it includes mlb.tv!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

This is a very frustrating procedure as no one at Xfinity knows what the heck to do....trying to connect your Extra Innings purchased from Xfinity to your MLB.tv / MLB at Bat app on your device(s).  I had to call MLB at Bat customer support (1-866-800-1275) to get my xfinity subscription to work on my device and get it to "talk' to the MLB at Bat app.  Hopefully, you will not have to do this but rather follow the instructions below.

Yes, it can be done and I am watching MLB games on my TV (typically in the channel 773-channel 783 range) AND I can also watch MLB games via the MLB at Bat app on a device such as an iphone, ipad or using a desktop/laptop/pc etc

1 -  you must already have a MLB username and password, this is free and anyone can have one.  This is a unique login to MLB.com and has nothing to do with your username/password from xfinity.

2 - Second, you must purchase an Extra Innings Package from Xfinity. You may have to wait a period of time, hours, a day etc for your subscription to be recognized my the mlb.tv app.

3 -Third, go to mlb.com, hover your mouse over mlb.tv ( at the top of the web page), click on MLB.tv with Extra Innings

4- follow the instructions, it will ask for your mlb username and password (step 1) or your xfinity login (I can't remember at this point which one it asks for but have both logins ready) This gets your mlb.tv / mlb at bat app to recognize/verify your extra innings subscription

5- go watch some baseball!!

Why can't these instructions be emailed to the subscriber?? I spent 2 days talking with many "customer service reps" and I use the word "service" very loosly, absolutely horrible customer service.  I was left to figure it out for my self as no one at Xfinity had a clue.  Like I said, I had to call MLB customer support so they could tell me what my cable provider should have done.

Also, it's the year 2019.  Why can't we get these games in HD??  Seriously, why can't we get these games in HD? I feel like I'm watch a game like it's 1999 or something.

The only way to see them in HD is to use the MLB.tv/MLB at Bat app/amazon fire stick / Apple TV /Roku, etc. and stream them.  Just absolutely horrible in today's world.

I hope this email helps someone else and saves them the frustration I experienced trying to get everything to work.

Tiger's are on.  Gotta go!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I tried all this but it keeps telling me my account is already linked and to call customer service with a code. Same problem as last year - mlb.com didn't know what to do and Comcast said it was mlb.com's problem. Last year I ended up canceling my xfinity EI package and just signed up with At Bat directly. The problem with that, however, was that the quality was not as good.

Why in the H*LL is this so d*mn complicated? Myself and others in this thread are fairly tech savvy and it's frustrating us. I can't imagine being tech un-savvy and trying to set this up. 

@CCKenF you have been helpful elsewhere, do you have any ideas as to why it won't just work if the accounts are already linked?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I ended up using a different browser, then created a new Xfinity user, then a new MLB account and went through the activation process and it worked. This was stupid it took all that to get it to work, but the Xfinity rep I spoke with on the phone had no idea what to do. Their solution was to use the Stream app which is ridiculous since it will only work on your in-home network. 

Since this is the 3rd year in a row that I have had to go through this I am writing down what I did so I don't forget next season. The obvious solution would be for Xfinity and MLB to get it together and address this since so many people seem to be having this issue.

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

5 years ago

Finally

1 Attachment

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hello all. We can understand your frustration caused by the difficulty of either activating your existing account/subscription or initiating it for the first time. We provide support of adding the service itself and making sure it's coming through properly on your TV. For the online content, support would go through the MLB.TV Help Center or their support line.

If you purchased an MLB EXTRA INNINGS package, you can access MLB.TV online at MLB.TV or on your mobile or connected TV device using the MLB At Bat app.

If you have an MLB EXTRA INNINGS subscription, follow these steps to activate your MLB.TV account:

1. Go to https://secure.mlb.com/tv/activate/.
  2. Select Xfinity as your provider.
  3. Sign in using your Xfinity username and password.
  4. Create a new MLB.com account or sign in with your existing account to link your Xfinity username and password with MLB.TV.

Start enjoying MLB EXTRA INNINGS and MLB.TV!

You only need to activate your subscription once during the season. However, you may need to sign in with your MLB.com account on each new device.

Once you have completed steps #1-3, you will be presented with an option to either sign in with an existing MLB.com account or create an MLB.com account. If you run into technical issues beyond the initial subscription for the service, please go here: https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/help-center/ in order to obtain further support. Since MLB owns the content, they also support their app and service that supplies it. Let us know what other specific questions you have. Most of them would need to go through MLB.TV support though. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here