kpo117's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 7:00 AM

Closed

MLB.tv with Extra Innings Package

Anyone know how to set up the MLB.tv account that comes with the Extra Innings Package? I order the package 2 days ago and whenever I try and link my account through MLB.tv, all it does is take me to the page that shows how to order Extra Innings through the voice remote. (https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/sports/mlb/extra-innings?lang=en&ui_style=dark)

I would like to be able to access MLB.tv so I can watch spring training games.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hi, Ldst. Do you have our X1 service with our voice remote? If so, you can say "MLB Extra Innings" into the remote for it to tune you to a section that contains content included within this subscription. The "C" button on the remote can also be used throughout the season to check upcoming games and see scores.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

How do you authenticate MLB.tv with the Extra innings package purchased through comcast.   Currently I go to MLB.tv, click autheticate, it prompts me to choose my cable provider.

When I choose xfinity, it routes me to a the screen to purchase extra innings.  I have already purchased the package, so I am not sure where to go from there.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Greetings. What I have listed below should help you out. Keep in mind that the How to Watch on MLB.TV:

If you purchased an MLB EXTRA INNINGS package, you can access MLB.TV online at MLB.TV or on your mobile or connected TV device using the MLB At Bat Premium app. Simply follow the steps below to active your MLB.TV Premium account and start watching:

1. Go to https://secure.mlb.com/tv/activate/.
  2. Select Xfinity as your provider.
  3. Sign in using your Xfinity username and password.
  4. Create a new MLB.com account or sign in with your existing account to link your Xfinity username and password with MLB.TV.

What are the system, operating and device requirements for MLB.TV?
We recommend visiting MLB.TV’s help center for the most up-to-date information on system, operating and device requirements.

You only need to activate your subscription once during the season. However, you may need to sign in with your MLB.TV account on each new device.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

This is not working. It just routes you back to the page with the info about the mlb extra innings package.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

This might be an it varies by region thing, but that is not what it says on the Xfinity website which is:

Your destination for even more baseball

Catch all the baseball action this season with MLB Extra Innings on Xfinity. Get up to 90 out-of-market games each week. And now for the first time, MLB.TV is included with the MLB Extra Innings subscription. Sign up for the Early Bird package now for $42.50 more per month for four months from March 18 - March 27.

from the website

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Right, these steps are not going to be the same for everyone across all markets. You're welcome to send me a private message with your name, mpm5054 and I will be happy to assist you with this further from there. 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

@mpm5054 wrote:

How do you authenticate MLB.tv with the Extra innings package purchased through comcast.   Currently I go to MLB.tv, click autheticate, it prompts me to choose my cable provider.

When I choose xfinity, it routes me to a the screen to purchase extra innings.  I have already purchased the package, so I am not sure where to go from there.

Maybe we have to wait for a start of the regular season. The page that we are routed to shall be modified on March 28, when MLB Extra Innings will be offered as free previews for one week on Xfinity.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

My main complaint is that unlike direct tv we don't get both home and away broadcasts...

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Any word on single team package for mlb xtra innings

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Nope- still not working.  Once you select Xfinity as cable provider it still sends you to the Xfinity Extra Innings advertisement page that says MLB.TV is included.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Is anyone's working today? I really don't want to have to wait until first pitch to activate my account

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Same issue here... on the phone with CS, they have no idea...

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

@CCKenF can you please escalate to the technical team? There is something broken in the authorization flow between MLB.TV and the Xfinity identity provider endpoint.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Yes.  PLEASE ESCALATE.  Sure doesn’t seem to be any trouble in advertising the service 

7D69AB8C-0829-405D-AA80-17339AAD2DF7.jpeg

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Still can’t login to mlb tv when I select my provider it takes me to buy mlb xtra innings package I already bought it like the first day xfinity offered it and even called customer support to verify it was in my plan wth xfinity
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here