pamm2's profile

Contributor

• 

56 Messages

Thursday, April 27th, 2023 1:14 AM

Closed

MLB Extra Inning recorded game freezes and disappears, or records wrong feed.

It’s the MLB Extra Innings recording issue again, a year to the day that many customers left complaints on the Forum. First, my Yankees at Twins game yesterday (4/25/23) showed up on my DVR recordings as I programmed it to do. However, when I pulled up the game from my DVR’s recordings and began to watch it, the recording froze 2 minutes and 39 seconds in. I let it sit for a minute thinking it would unfreeze, but it stayed frozen, then an error box popped on the screen telling me “This recording isn't available right now, try again later. XRE-06014.”  I exited out of the recorded game, then exited out of my list of recorded shows so at that point I was looking at just regular tv. I then went back in to my DVR recordings, and my MLB Extra Innings Yankees at Twins game had disappeared from my list of recorded shows. Wha? I again exited out of my list of recorded shows so I was looking at just regular tv.  I then used the ‘back’ arrow on my Xfinity XR-15 remote to bring up the thumbnails of my most recently watched shows along the bottom of my tv screen.  I saw my Yankees game there, clicked on it, and the game started again and froze again in the exact same spot. I couldn’t rewind the recording, couldn’t fast forward, couldn’t pause. All I could do was exit out of the recording. So I went to another tv in a different room in our house and looked in my list of DVR recordings and saw was my Yankees game listed! I clicked on the game to watch it, but the recording froze at the same spot two and a half minutes in, and I got the same error message XRE-06014. I performed restarts on each tv/DVR, and when that didn’t work, I did a system refresh. That didn’t work either. There’s more - maybe this should be a separate post, but it’s the same complaint I lodged several times last season about a big glitch when setting up a series recording on MLB Extra Innings: the recording defaults to the opponents’ feed/channel. So if I set up a series recording for my Yankees on their channel/feed (ch 3019), the series somehow defaults to recording on the opposing team’s channel/feed. It started last year and was never resolved for the whole season. I have experimented setting up series recordings for various teams from the MLB extra innings guide, resulting in the same recording issue: that the game defaults to recording from the opponents’ feed/channel. And yes, I can set recordings for individual games that successfully record the Yankees feed; it’s the series recording that are an issue. Also, I do have the Yankees selected as a favorite team in the sports mini guide settings (accessed by pressing ‘c’ on the XR-15 remote). Anyone else dealing with recordings that freeze and disappear, or with MLB series recordings defaulting to the opponents’ feed?

Problem Solver

• 

393 Messages

1 year ago

@pammarko Thank you for reaching out to us here at the Xfinity Community Forums regarding this issue viewing your recent MLB Extra Innings recording as well as issues recording the incorrect team feed during a series. It sounds like you've gone through some exhaustive troubleshooting on your own end power-cycling, checking other boxes, as well as attempting to access the recording in multiple areas. I can certainly understand the frustration and want to make sure we resolve this so you are able to fully enjoy the rest of the season!

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityShaina​ I am having the same problem trying to record and play back Yankee games on MLB Extra Innings.  Most of the time it will appear to be recording, but then the recording disappears, or during playback I will get an error message saying there was a problem with the DVR.  On the rare occasions when it actually does record it freezes frequently and then rewinds to the beginning on its own.  It is virtually impossible to watch an entire recorded game. I have no problem recording and playing back programs on any non-MLB channels. It is clear from reading the posts that Xfinity has been made aware of these problems going back to last year, but either can't or won't fix the problem.  So, I too will be cancelling this service if it is not fixed. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

All. Of. This. Always exciting to see what the tech hiccups will be each season with this pathetic MLB package. So far in 2023, wrong channel recording (yes I go in each and every game to make sure my recording is set to Yankees home broadcast since the might powers that be can’t figure out how to allow us to set a preference and instead let the alphabet rule the day). That happened three different times. Now the last two days recordings of a game were there one minute and wiped the next. Only the games and no other recordings. It is not on any DVR or streaming option for us and not listed in recently deleted. I can’t believe we continue to buy this junk but hate not being able to easily scrub through games on the mlb app. I have spent thousands on this package at this point (since it started) and my money alone could have paid some smart engineer to at least fix the home team broadcast preference. But the joke’s on me because I keep paying them. This will be the last time.

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

Hello @user_952689 and @kelseyk21, thanks for taking the time to reach out and let us know you're also experiencing issues with recorded Yankee games on MLB Extra Innings. I can absolutely imagine how inconvenient and frustrating this would be, and this is certainly not the experience we want you to be having. My team is here to help. To further troubleshoot this with you, please send us a private direct message. 

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here