jimw13's profile

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, September 13th, 2022 4:58 PM

Closed

MeTV

For whatever reason(s) Xfinity decided to drop MeTV on September 1, 2022.  It used to be on channel 302 in the Portland Oregon area (I live in an area where it is impossible to receive OTA (over the air) television programming).  It was supposed to be available on channel 1197 on September 13, 2022.  Guess what?  Today is September 13, 2022 and there is no MeTV on channel 1197.  Why is this?  

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

2 years ago

In https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/channels-and-programming/me-tv/6315f6aee951e801ff0bb8b4?commentId=631603082ff2c66589ff6c90 @andyross wrote:

... Many Sinclair and Scripps owned TV stations dropped it so they could air their own subnetworks. Comcast just passes on what is aired and cannot add a broadcast network like MeTV on their own. ...

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Exactly! What gives Comcast??

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

2 years ago

That's what I want to know!

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

2 years ago

I'm about to miss MASH! Where's my MeTV?!?!

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Seems Comcast got ahead of its collective skis by assuring us MeTV would be available on 9/13 on channel 1197 in Portland area. Imagine that. Disappointing since I too am unable to get over the air.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Impossible to get any kind of answer as to why MeTV is not on Channel 1197. And I would just like to say that the Xfinity customer service, especially when using the 'chat' feature is particularly atrocious, seeing as how they are located offshore and the 'customer service reps' are reading off of a script.
When can Xfinity customer in the Portland Oregon area expect to see MeTV on channel 1197?

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

I really hope you get an answer for that. Many of us do.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Lame - Sinclair stations hmmm...boycott those channels (we do anyway)!   I want me MeTV!  Where's my Flintstones, Bugs Bunny, Tom and Jerry, Stooges, Svengooli and once in a while The Monkees!

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Saturday isn’t the same without Stooges and Svengoolie.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Comcast, State College PA, decided to drop MeTV as well although it may have been the local affiliate that dropped it.  This gives me a good excuse to drop back to basic channels, save a lot of money, and stream MeTV though other streaming services.  

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

I had a colleague of mine, who's mantra was "follow the money."  I guess that's what KATU TV in Portland did when it decided to drop MeTV in favor of CHARGE, which I know belongs to Sinclair and Scripps.  You'd think Customer demand - you know - the ones who buy the merchandise that are promoted on the channels - would have some say. We didn't even get to choose.   We pay ca$h for our Xfinity service, and since MeTV was dropped I decided to take another look at what I was paying for.  I decided to reduce the ridiculous number of channels that I don't watch, and if I have to retro-fit a 1960's era TV antenna back on my roof to watch my shows, you can bet that I'll also be removing the 21st Century technology that is today's cable.  They didn't have cable TV in the 60's.  It may not be Comcast's fault, but they were the carrier of MeTV, even as it was sponsored by KATU, and while I don't have any control over what KATU broadcasts, I do have control over what I pay - or don't pay for.  Also, I saw somewhere a "modified" date of 20 Sep for the return of MeTV to Comcast Portland, and that's how long they have before I pull the plug.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I pay about  $210 per month for Comcast in Albany Oregon & 90% of the time my TV is on ME TV #302 & it's my FAVORITE channel,  I have been a Comcast customer for decades!! I'm tired of the run around and false promises.  Either bring ME TV back or I'm going to jump ship on the first of the month.  I've learned that the most effective way to get the point, is to vote with your wallet.  Then you'll have their attention.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Yes I have the same issue as you with MeTV. I thought maybe it was taking longer for the program to be aired, but the channel does not come up. So disappointed! I think I am going to drop cable and just get an antenna, I basically only watch MeTv.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Although it appears they may be working out a technical issue (says "subscription required"), MeTV is now appearing in the guide on channel 1156 for me, not 1197 as expected. MeTV's own site reflects this change as well.

Hopefully, they work out the "subscription" issue and MeTV is restored. Now if only they would bring back Decades ...

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_b098b4​   yes i found it on channel 1156  not 1157  but i still cant watch  it,  because it says i now need to subscribe to metv????  in all my years with comcast i never had to  do  that?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@john72ss​ run a system refresh on your cable box. That's what I had to do.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_b098b4​ run a system refresh on your cable box. It what I had to do and then I could watch it.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

i refreshed, now i can see it in all channels guide ... it won't let me watch tho... says go buy a subscription...vultures!

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

It seems like it works now. Without a subscription! At least for me in Portland.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

we Just found it in the Portland area on 1156 whoo hooo

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_cc480e​ I went to channel 1156 and got OPB, not MeTV.  I tried rescanning / refreshing my channel lineup and could not do it.  Of course not having the fanciest Xfinity X-1 cable box might have something to not being able to refresh the channels.  but that is neither here or there.  Since my local Xfinity office / service center is not to far away I decided to pay them a visit. I told the customer service rep at the counter I would like to get the channels refreshed on my cable box so that i could get channel 1156.   'Channel 1156?' he says.'  Yes, MeTV I told him.  And he told me that 'MeTV is not available in certain parts of Portland.'  I told him what are you talking about, I live in the Portland metro area.  Talking to this guy was like talking to a post or a Xfinity off shore call center.

Any one else living in the Portland metro area having the same problem?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here