U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, September 5th, 2022 1:16 PM

Closed

Me tv

Has Me tv moved to another channel or have you dropped it

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

2 years ago

See the other threads. Short summary: Many Sinclair and Scripps owned TV stations dropped it so they could air their own subnetworks. Comcast just passes on what is aired and cannot add a broadcast network like MeTV on their own. In Charlottesville, a station has picked up MeTV and it will be available on Comcast in a few weeks.

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

2 years ago

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to our team here within our very own community!

There have indeed been some recent changes to MeTV in areas as determined by the local TV Stations.

Depending on where you may be located, will determine whether or not this may be the cause of the change you are seeing, as these changes would have taken effect on September 1st, and communications provided via bill statements initially in the beginning of July.

We'd be happy to check into it for you! Please feel free to join us in DM using the steps outlined below, and please also be sure to include your first and last name, and full-service address as well! 

Here's the detailed steps to Direct Message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityChelseaA​  As of today, 09-13-2022, MeTV is supposed to be on channel 1197.  Guess what?  No MeTV only KATU.  What gives?

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityChelseaA​ As of toady, 09-14-2022, still no MeTV on channel 1197.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

We cannot get MeTV on Ch 1197 In Portland Or.  This is the channel we were told MeTV would begin on 9/13/2022 

it is now 9/14/2022 and still no MeTV.   Will we ever be able to have this station on Comcast Xfinity ? 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hey there @user_b11757 thanks for reaching out on this Forum. We are sorry that you are not able to get that channel and we are here to see what is going on. In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I’ve contact you many times in regards to this. I’ve called corporate as well. Why not just be honest with all of us that pay an exorbitant price to have your cable and tell the truth……xfinity is not carrying me tv in the Portland Oregon area. I’m so sick of this. Anyone reading this: move on. Try Dish. You should not have allegiance to xfinity. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_ae1930 MeTv is not a network that is included in your channel lineup but is a lineup that some local networks broadcast. There have been some changes to the channels showing MeTV and there are 5 areas that no longer show MeTv content on any channel Portland was not one of them. For Portland there was a change MeTV is now broadcast on KJYY (channel 1156). Previously, it was broadcast on KATU, which now broadcasts Charge! network. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here