J

Monday, March 1st, 2021 5:00 PM

Closed

Marquee sports network app

Xfinity will not allow me to sign into the Marquee Sports Network app. I have the network in my tv package, but tells me that it is not in my tv package. Xfinity will not admit its a problem and will not fix it. How do I find a knowledgeable person to fix it?

4 Messages

3 years ago

Ditto.  Worked fine last year and now can not even use Marquee app on my home network. Have contacted Marquee support (as xfinity says not their problem) and we agreed that xfinity has issue.  Xfinity has finally escalated issue, but I don't see light at end of tunnel.  When out of town not able to watch Cubs.  Agreed-upsetting!

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue here. I can stream it over home wifi using the Xfinity app but no longer able to access with Marquee app or with Xfinity app when I turn Wifi off. I'm in broadcast area and it worked last year. Talked to 2 customer service reps for Comcast and only solution offered was a support email address to Marquee. Really seems that they (Comcast) turned off our ability to stream this channel (it is missing now on the OnTheGo channel lineup page) when not at home. Next attempt is to try it on a open Comcast wifi spot somewhere and see result. Wife is upset.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

I sat at home today and connected with the Xfinity app to live stream the game. Then turned off Wifi on mobile device. After a few minutes the programming went away and the not available signage came up. The second CSR I spoke to was very accomodating but they really don't know and obviously have not been informed as to change. That will make their life better Comcast. I believe that this issue will escalate soon as more people find out they had a service taken away.

Contributor

• 

43 Messages

3 years ago

This is just an educated guess, based on dealing with apps for other RSN's. It's possible the problem lies with the IP location of the wifi you're logging into. Especially if you live on the fringes of the Cubs broadcast territory, where the IP location may fall within a blackout area. 

Comcast bases your RSN eligibility on your billing address. But individual streaming apps may go with IP location, which may not coincide with your billing address. 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I’m in Bloomington/Normal area and within the cubs zone. Last year I could use the app and this year I can’t?

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Makes alot of sense. I don't know where the original poster is located but myself I'm in Peoria which is well within cubs area and cardinals and white sox. Is there a fix?

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

My next move is an uninstall and reinstall of the app. Maybe or maybe not work but guess I'm not losing anything. Wish me luck. Will post results.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am having an issue with the Marquee App on my Samsung phone & Amazon Firestick where when I select my provider as Xfinity it redirects me to the Xfinity site & says that I don't have that channel & that I would need to Upgrade my package to get it but I do get it, I even tried logging in my father in laws also & it doesn't work for him either. I am in Bloomington/Normal & my father in law is in Inverness, there's no reason this should be happening. I talked to a customer service representative at Xfinity & he insisted its the "3rd party application's fault" & not an Xfinity problem.

4 Messages

3 years ago

I have been in contact with Marquee Support for the last two months and they insist that those screens are xfinity logon in and error screens (not Marquee screens). Xfinity has told me the issue has been escalated. So I have been told by both Marquee and Xfinity-not their problem.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Well instead of remove and reinstall I just put the app on another mobile device (Google Pixel 2 XL) and received same error when tried to login. When I hit the go back arrow I saw  this message. "MVPD authentication failed.  Provider not Selected Error". Does that mean anything to anybody? Does it point to the source of the problem?

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

@ComcastGabe What you are telling us is even though there is a Xfinity selection as provider still in the Marquee app it is useless since Xfinity has obviously changed their past practice of allowing access to Marquee live channel (through the Marquee app) both in home network and on the go. So for us the Marquee app is basically useless as a streaming live device. Do you know why Xfinity changed their access? Have you had many complaints? I thought maybe it was just me and something I needed to fix until I came here.  Seems curious that many more are not upset if this was a decision by Xfinity for all subscribers

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, all! @Jw1977 @courtsteve1 Thanks for reaching out with the Marquee Sports Network concern. I am a heavy sports fan so I understand the importance of being able to watch your favorite team. We can help! When subscribing to XFINITY TV, you can live stream your entire channel lineups and Xfinity On Demand libraries on mobile devices or computers through the Xfinity Stream app and Xfinity Stream portal while connected to your in-home Xfinity network. When out of the home, you can still live stream portions of your channel lineup and Xfinity On Demand library. We are under contracts with networks so they determine content available for streaming content when out of the home. As a customer myself, I recommend doing what I do when trying to watch a network outside of your home network that is not available via the XFINITY Stream app but included with your subscription. I recommend trying to access the desired network’s app directly to see if you can stream it from there when outside of your home network. If you are still experiencing issues, please let us know so we can further assist.

1 Message

3 years ago

@ComcastGabe What it sounds like you're saying is that we should just use the single authenication login that most third party streaming apps provide when they have a contract with cable providers. The issue here is not that we cannot access it on the Xfinity Streaming App. Th issue is that we cannot log into Marquee with the single authenication login because when we go the "watchmarquee.com/activate" page, and then type in the code that Marquee gives us then select Xfinity, that MVPD page will redirect us to a page that says "This network is not included in your current Xfinity TV Service." It provides us then with links to "upgrade" our package, "chat" with an agent, or see the "FAQs". Whenever I click on the "chat" or "FAQs" link, I'm then redirected to a page that says "This connection is not Private. This website may be impersonating 'custom.comcast.com' to steal your personal or financial information. You should go back to the previous page." We all have Marquee in our service packages, we just cannot access it unless we are at home watching it on our cable box, or for some, using our home wifi while using the Xfinity Stream app. I have reached out to two different Comcast CSRs as well as Marquee and have received no help or explanation at all. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I have tried clearing the app's cache and data and just defaulting. I have tried logging in from my phone, laptop and computer. I have tried using the Marquee Sports Network App on my phone, laptop, Roku and Firestick. None have worked. If you have any other ideas or support, please let me know!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Anyone have a solution on this? I'd love to watch opening day...

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

The solution is for COMCAST to allow their customers to use the Marquee Sports Network app (as they did in 2020).  So waiting on COMCAST to do right by their customers.

Don't hold your breath!!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here