johntheeditor's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Thursday, June 29th, 2023 5:20 PM

Closed

Lost Peacock access, wasn't sent options to retain

I've been a Peacock Premium Plus subscriber. My understanding from OregonLive's coverage is that as a gigabyte Xfinity customer, I should retain access to discounted Peacock access. However, I recently received a notice from Peacock saying that my Plus option has been removed, and that I should update my account details. When I go to the page they link to, I'm offered only the standard subscription rates. 

Xfinity Help sent me to a Peacock help page (https://www.peacocktv.com/help/article/xfinity-june-26) that says "If you are currently subscribed to Premium Plus, you should have received an email with a special offer that is only available through June 25. (Please note: Certain eligible Xfinity customers may still be able to keep Premium access at no extra cost. Look out for an email from Xfinity with more details.)" I did not receive either of these emails from Peacock or Xfinity. I've checked my spam folder and trash.

How can I determine whether I'm eligible for continued discounted Premium Plus access, and how to continue it? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 year ago

How can I determine whether I'm eligible for continued discounted Premium Plus access, and how to continue it? 

Please see https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-subscription-faqs and https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/channels-and-programming/peacock-subscription-activations/649b1cdece76231eba5587fa.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Regular Visitor

• 

14 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks for the links. After some trouble, I was able to use new credentials to activate Peacock Premium. However, I need Peacock Premium Plus. When I log in to Peacock, it says to manage my account on Xfinity. However, Xfinity Assistant can't seem to send me to any page where I can upgrade Peacock Premium to Peacock Premium Plus.

To clarify, previously, I had Peacock Premium Plus at a reduced price that factored in the Xfinity discount. I'd like to regain that configuration.

Regular Visitor

• 

14 Messages

1 year ago

Comcast is urging me to return to this thread and mark it as solved, so I'll update my situation here. The way Comcast has handled Peacock is a nightmare.

Formerly, I took advantage of Xfinity's discounted access to Peacock. This gave all Xfinity customers (I think) free access to Peacock Premium, the ad-supported tier. I paid $5 extra a month to Comcast to subscribe to Peacock Premium Plus, and ad-free tier.

Then Comcast announced they were ending the Peacock benefit. Later, they backpedaled a bit and said that gigabit Internet customers (such as me) would continue to have the benefit for a fixed period. (I think it was two years.) But meanwhile, on June 27, I received an email message directly from Peacock saying that my Plus subscription had bee removed because they "were unable to verify [my] billing information." (Remember, billing was previously handled by Comcast.)

That's where the confusion really began. When I contacted Comcast about renewing my Plus subscription, they pointed me to Xfinity Assistant to "activate" my Peacock subscription. So I did that. However, the Plus subscription is still lacking. When I visit Peacock's account settings, it says that my subscription through Xfinity, so I must modify my subscription there. But Comcast/Xfinity provides no interface to modify my subscription and upgrade to Plus. In fact, it doesn't even list my Peacock Premium subscription in the Apps & Subscriptions section, which is empty.

After chatting with Xfinity Support (a tale in itself, which typically involves at least 15 minutes of wrangling with the automated support bot, which never understands the problems and continually asks to restart your modem no matter what the problem, before being connected to a human), I was sent back to Peacock Support. Peacock Support offered me three months of Peacock Premium Plus at $5.00, which is better than nothing, but the voucher code they sent me is not accepted by their sign-up system. 

So that's where we are. A broken system, wrestling with multiple support options (email, automated, human chat, Xfinity, Peacock), and no solution. I suppose I'll pay full price for Peacock Premium Plus, taking care to avoid Xfinity's interface to do so. And I'll make very sure I never, ever again try to subscribe to any third-party channel through Xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @johntheeditor, thanks for reaching out with an update to your experience. We have had known issues with customers being able to redeem their free Peacock Premium subscription, and we appreicate your time, paitence, and efforts while our teams work to get this resolved. Currently, the most up-to-date information we have for previous premium subscribers, is to cancel your previous membership, and you should then be able to take advantage of the free offer for Gigabit customers. 

As a Gigabit speed internet customer with Xfinity, you’ll receive a special offer for two years of Peacock Premium at no additional cost as long as you remain subscribed to Gigabit speed internet or higher from Xfinity. If you already have a paid Peacock subscription, you may need to cancel your existing subscription before activating Peacock. For instructions on canceling your existing subscription, see peacocktv.com/help/article/cancellation. Following the cancellation, you can activate your offer by visiting the Xfinity Assistant. After two years, your access to Peacock Premium will terminate unless you elect to continue receiving the service.

However, we do understand that this option is still not working foreveryone, and are working dilligently to get everything working as intended. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

@XfinityRyanE​ This totally unacceptable. Customers should not have to visit forums to try and find answers to something that Xfinity should have sent an email about. I have claimed the reward and received the email, but no banner to activate it anywhere. I tried every step and did a chat, where they told me to pay for Peacock, and they would credit my account. NO THANKS. Even though it is a free product, I am looking at moving all my services somewhere else because this just shows how little Xfinity cares about their customers. When profits start to decline, maybe they will listen. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello @taylorjm28, I love the Peacock app with all the movies we roll out there, so I get why you're looking to get access again. I'd love a chance to help look into this with you. We definitely don't want to see you leave, under any circumstances. I'd like to take a deeper look into your account to help.  In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

14 Messages

@XfinityRyanE​ I'm sorry to say that the problem you're providing solutions for does not match mine, as you'll see if you review.

@XfinityRyanE​ You obviously didn't read the customer's response. He said he tried to cancel through Peacock but the account states that it is managed by Xfinity. I am in the same boat...  Yet when you login to Xfinity there is no Peacock listed in the account at all.  This is probably due to different emails being used by the two different services (I suspect but no idea if the customer is using two) which is why the new requirement is to use the same email for Peacock.  I am a Gig customer and never got the offer as well. Stuck with a Peacock account that is supposedly managed by Xfinity but unable to see it on Xfinity account.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Spoke with s store rep.  She looked at their internal ticketing system.  It told the rep not to submit any more tickets about this issue.  There is no fix for reward members with free Peacock Premium to upgrade to Peacock Plus.  It is broken and may be for months.  Upgrdes cannot be done on the DVR, the Peacock website, the Xfinity chatbot, by phone support, chat support, channel-buying account page, nor the store.  We are on hold until they decide we are important enough to address the issue and provide a pathway for rewards members with Premium to upgrade to Plus.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I am a Gig customer with this benefit, and I was just asked by a chat rep to purchase Premium Peacock myself, and then they would credit my account and activate. Clearly that's just to get me to enter payment method into Peacock for future billing. 

This is a totally unacceptable solution and frankly should be illegal

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @srmcalps. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this suggestion you were giving via chat has caused you. We've recently received new information on how to troubleshoot this Peacock reward.

Let's restart the activation steps from the beginning. Go ahead and visit this link and click "Activate Now" on banner that states "Your Peacock subscription is ready for activation" https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/. Please let me know if the banner doesn't appear so that we can further investigate this together.

@XfinityRaul​ This does not work. Just check the forum...

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityRaul​ no. Just fix it and and stop having atrocious customer service. 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityRaul​ This is just incredible, that is the problem. There is no activation banner on xfinity assistant when you go there, not now not ever. Obviously they are adding subscriptions in one by one by now because some people get it, but most do not. I suspect this is not a digital rollout at all at this point. Probably a few people sitting there entering names into a data base from a sheet!  At least do it alphabetically by state  and let everyone know what names  (Aa- Acr for example) have been added on each day. At least we would have some sort of timeline for that. 

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

@XfinityRaul​ I'm sure they are in the same boat as me, 1 MONTH LATER. There is no activation banner anywhere!!!!!!

1 Message

1 year ago

Over the past two weeks, Comcast has reduced or taken away some of my favorite channels and raised my overall monthly bill to more than $330. This all started when the service rep at the Comcast store told me to call loyalty retention. I called and, instead of helping, it activate some process where I basically lost most of my premium channels and most of my DVR space without authorization. I am a 'Diamond Rewards' customer who has been with Comcast since the 1990s. I have spent countless hours on the phone this week with call reps who are kind and on-script, but they can't help me reclaim Peacock, and basically said all of the services that were taken off my Comcast bundle can bought back for more money than I was paying before. Again, I was already paying top dollar to Comcast and I honestly don't understand how to get any help at this point and one of the call center reps even told me everything is a mess right now at her company and she is frustrated. The employee at the Comcast store told me someone would contact me to let me know why I was being treated this way, but that call or email never came. The customer service has always been dicey, but this is a whole new level or something (incompetence? theft? arrogance?). I am privileged in that I can find services elsewhere and pay for them (but it's a pain), but I cannot imagine how seniors and people struggling to make ends meet are expected to deal with this. I would love to talk to an actual Comcast employee/manager who would be willing to help me and others. Have some pride in your work.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_169f64. I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to retrieve the Premium services you had. I'm glad you reached out to us via Forums to make us aware. I also appreciate you time spent with us since 1990 and for giving us the opportunity to help.

In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here