nickp1's profile

Contributor

• 

69 Messages

Friday, September 4th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

Losing all StarzEncore channels and MoviePlex

Today 9/4/2020 checking my September billing statement I will be losing all StarzEncore channels and also MoviePlex on Oct 27,2020. Having the digital preferred package I have been recieiving these channels since the onset of my "contract" over 1 & 1/2 yrs. (I am a 20 yr Comcast customer) Will there be any compensation from Comcast since this is NOT the "contract" I had agreed to sign besides providing inferior Streampix channels, of course NOT, unless I sign a subscrption to recieve Strarz (of course price NOT listed on the bill).

Since TCM was my favorite channel I also had to sign up for the Sports and Entertainment package another jab by Comcast.

Anyone else feel this is a common unethical and deceitful way of Comcast business practices.

This is the note on my bill:

• Effective October 27, 2020, StarzEncore, StarzEncore Westerns, StarzEncore Black, and StarzEncore Action will only be available with a subscription to Starz. They will not be included with Digital Preferred/Preferred. For more information about this change, visit xfinity.com/EncoreChanges. Effective October 27, 2020, MoviePlex will no longer be available. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

Why am I all of a sudden being told I must subscribe to this channel when it was included in a pkg deal?  Now they want $5.00 more a month when does stop?????

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

4 years ago

And remember, that $5.00/month deal is only good for the first 6 months.  After that, you can probably expect to pay much more.

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

Yes u r correct, I think it was 8.99 after the trial.  Well they can stick it, we aren't paying comcast any more money, it's getting ridiculous the price of cable 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Yeah this really made me angry, right before season 5 of Outlander, the only show I watch on starz. They have a deal though, get Starz now for $20 for 6 months. Thing is xfinity doesn't even allow the starz app on their cable boxes, so you can only watch it if you have a smart TV, xbox etc. Really shady, thinking of going to hulu

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

4 years ago

I can access starz encore but not the regular. Both are supposed to be included with HBO. Is this a known issue ?

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

4 years ago

Starz was removed from all packages last month.  It's only available as an add on now.

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

4 years ago

Wow, bad timing since most of us are confined to home for the most part. Never got any notification in advance. But why am I still getting Starz Encore

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

4 years ago

The Encore channels are still part of the prefereed package.  They were not moved.

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

4 years ago

I have the preferred package but still get subscription required message on the main channel

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

4 years ago

Starz was the only channel removed from the packages.  We only have the main one available now.  The Starz multiplex channels were dropped totally.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Have Premier and the same issue with Starz, HBO and Showtime,  Try to get a movie and they say nope...need to subscribe but we already do.  We have had Premier for years and have never made a late payment.  Seems like fraud to sell one specific package and accept the money but deny the service.  Possible class action suit?   Anybody get a rate reduction for this?

Contributor

• 

476 Messages

4 years ago

I have the Super Triple Play which did include HBO, Showtime and Starz. Exactly one day before the season five premier of Outlander, I got the subscription required message. I called billing and had a serious discussion. By the time I hung up I had Starz for free until May 12th. After that I'll pay $8.99 if I decide to keep it. That happened in February. After reading this month's bill I learned that I'm now being charged $10 for rental of my home security touchscreen.  Don't get me wrong! Xfinity helped us tremendously when my email was hacked but an email reminder that our services are about to change would be great.  Searching thru the channel posts I read that a family had their tv service shut when they were unable to pay their bill due to job loss from the Covid 19 pandemic. After paying their bill their programming was downgraded. Seriously Comcast children are stuck at home. Have a heart for heavens sake. Life is nuts for lots of us. I count myself grateful as I'm retired but the middle class who was carrying this economy en mass is jobless right now. Sorry, I went off topic. 

Contributor

• 

476 Messages

4 years ago

The chat option may be a virtual assistant. Call billing and negotiate. 

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

4 years ago

what a rip off. same here. starz was part of my plan. now they want me to pay for it. They gave me epix which suks. Its just $$$ to them.

I was just trying to do the chat on-line, I thought I was dealing with bad word here.

They kept giving me links on covid etc... yea, I'll check with comcast for my health issues.

I can't wait untill my conract is over

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

That would be the fourth channel Comcast has taken from us . . . yet our bill just keeps going up.   It's  time to  DUMP Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here