L

Saturday, February 3rd, 2024 2:18 AM

Closed

Logging on to Max

Why must I sign in each time to watch Max? I need to get a code and log in every single time. How can I stay logged into Max?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

9 months ago

Hey @Lctb,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Communities Forum support page. We would be more than happy to assist with your Max login concerns. Are you experiencing issues with all devices when trying to access Max? Have you attempted to change your password to see if that helps prevent the app for logging you out due to many devices logged in? 

1 Message

I have this same problem.  Every time I try to watch Max on any tv or through an app, it makes me sign in again.  It has nothing to do with too many devices logged in or with the password.  Even if I watch Max on my main tv one day, don't watch it on any other tv or app in the interim, and then try to watch it again the next day on the same tv, it makes me sign in again.  And it does not require the sign in until after making it appear that I am okay because it initially opens up as if all is normal; it is not until after I click on a show to resume watching that it says I need to sign in.

Retired Employee

• 

729 Messages

@user_b2fjcf Is this the only app/service you are having an issue with? 

1 Message

7 months ago

I am having the same issue.  We have to connect to Xfinity with QR code every time we want to watch something.  We used Max on a Firestick and recently started using the app directly on the TV.  Are we only allowed to have it on one device?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, Sonyadan some solutions that have worked for some people are, reset your password, reboot your modem, and sign into your Max Account and Re-activate your subscription. Maybe trying these steps can help! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

Nope…tried all those suggestions. There has to be an actual “known” answer to “why” this keeps happening..and only happens with MAX/HBO. 

I’ll be happy to cancel my subscription, rather than be given upteen suggestions as to how “I” can try (and fail in frustration) to troubleshoot and fix MAX’s problem. 

How about the real answer to why so many people are experiencing the SAME problem?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

I have had no problems logging into max over the last year.
I changed my XFINITY password a few months ago and ever since then I cannot login to Max.
It requires I enter my provider but then fails with the message below.
I still have an HBO service which I have never canceled.
Please let me know how to fix this?

It looks like you're trying to sign in to HBO Max with a secondary Xfinity ID.
HBO Max requires your account's primary Xfinity ID to setup an HBO Max account and password first, and then share this information with other members of your household. Learn more.

Please sign out to continue.
©2023 Comcast. All rights reserved.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_f4d340

Thank you so much for letting us know you are having issues with accessing your MAX subscription. The message you are getting sounds like you may be using the incorrect email/user name. We can definitely help try and clear out any old login information so you can log in using the new password you set up. How are you accessing your MAX app? If you are using your TV box. 

1. Press the Xfinity button (X1 or Flex) or the Home button (Flex) on your remote.
  2. Select the gear icon > Press OK to go to Settings.
  3. Select Privacy > Press OK.
  4. Select Clear Cookies and Local Storage Data > Press OK.
  5. Press OK once more when the confirmation window appears.

Once cleared for MAX you will have to log back in. Make sure you are using the Primary Xfinity ID. You can check that here. https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/lookup?execution=e1s1

I use the QR scan option it seems to work better if it is available. You will also need to log back into your Xfinity account during the process. I recommend checking to make sure you have the correct Xfinity ID then closing out the app and all Xfinity windows. Then try the MAX login process if you are still having issues. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

4 months ago

I can't access Max without registering each time.  I do not find any direction from the Xfinity people commenting here of any help at all that would help me avoid that.  All I can say is that paying for platinum I feel it should be a lot easier.  

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_4o75z0! Have you tried clearing the cookies and local storage data on your cable box? Please:
1. Press the Xfinity button (X1 or Flex) or the Home button (Flex) on your remote.
2. Select the gear icon > Press OK to go to Settings.
3. Select Privacy > Press OK.
4. Select Clear Cookies and Local Storage Data > Press OK.
5. Press OK once more when the confirmation window appears.

2 Messages

3 months ago

None of the xfinity help suggestions help

2 Messages

3 months ago

None of the xfinity fixes acknowledges this is a possible issue with the Xfinity software…I too have this happening for 6 months.  What happened 6 months ago behind the scenes?  

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello, user_df75uo, and other readers on this thread. Have you contacted Max to see how long you remain logged in before you must enter your credentials again? It might log out automatically after a certain amount of time.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here