larissaej's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

35 Messages

Thursday, July 4th, 2024 10:35 PM

Just curious why channels were removed without being notified?

I'm paying for a pretty expensive package and it looks like Xfinity just up and removed a couple channels that someone in the house watches. 

Now xfinity takes the opportunity to email me for every single thing it can possibly think of to annoy the ever living hell out of me but it didn't notify me about this?

Funny enough, I'm still being charged the same amount of money even though I'm NOT getting the same content. 

Also, I noticed that xfinity raised the franchise fee for local channels and continues to charge me a sports fee even though I honestly don't want or watch sports.

XFINITY,  remember the days when local channels were including in your cable bill? Do ya? Do ya?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

3 months ago

Thanks for posting on our community forums, larissaej. Which channels are you missing? 

1 Message

I have not been able to receive channel 806 WBOC all morning. What’s happened?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_v2xbou Are you still experiencing issues with your channels? You can check our most updated channel linup here: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/channel-lineup-bundles

(Please make sure to sign in)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

28 days ago

Xfinity and Bally Sports had come to a contract agreement and the channel was to return to the lineup on August 1st. They may have do so but in the 1st, the entire channel (32) was completely removed. It’s hard to believe that I pay close to $200 a month and cannot watch Tiger Baseball, Red Wing Hockey, or other events Bally Sports Channel covers. When is this going to return?  

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_tbrii7 Thanks for your comment. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a similar issue. Our understanding is that the channel should be available. Is this the agreement you are referring to? Diamond Sports Group (DSG) agreement reached, Bally Sports moving to Digital Preferred tier and Ultimate TV tier.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

No my question was not answered.  

I have had Xfinity for a few decades and to say the least the cost has gone way out of control for just the basic channels. Now you move Bally Sports to a different package level?  If the internet/cable monopoly here in my area is lifted allowing other internet/cable providers to come in my area and if Xfinity stops with the price gouging I might stay. All I know is that I had Bally Sports channel like everyone else was part of my package. I would like to have this channel back.

Another issue is the call center, unfortunately Xfinity changed their customer service call center to somewhere in the outside of the USA. When I am lucky enough to talk to a human, I get the same guy who doesn’t know what he is doing and can’t seem to figure out how to get a supervisor.  Customer service is terrible and it is getting worse every minute.  

For the prices you charge, Bally Sports should be part of the base package. Quit price gouging the people. Life is hard enough with the current cost of living and with your 32.25 million subscribers, don’t you think it would be humbling to bring that channel back like it was regardless where you are in the country.  Many of the 32.25 million people actually enjoy watching their local baseball, hockey, basketball, and many other programs Bally Sports has on. I am speaking for myself however, in this form there are a lot of your subscribers that are not happy with the way this company is carrying out their day to day operations. To change this, return Bally Sports as part of the base package quit charging these ridiculous prices, bring the call center back to the USA, and then you might regain some of the reported 66 thousand subscribers who left last year. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

TX YOU tbrii7, I AGREE!!! I've been on hold for 1 hours and 7 minutes. The guy barely spoke English. He came bk about every 15 minutes & would say, "hang on, it'll be just a few more minutes". 1 day it was 1 hour and 20 minutes. After that I've never called back. That's very disrespectful towards my time!!!! Your prices are absolutely on consciencable! Last night I had Merritt Street Media channel, you updated & now it's gone. Awhile ago you changed to structured packages & stopped offering specials esp for long running customers. I've had you guys 31 yrs, am now on social security. I used to get a special on HBO occasionally & no more specials. It's becoming a rich person's activity when I add my Internet with it. $220 a month for your lowest internet & 1 step up from your basic cable pkg. I'm selling my house after 30 yrs and moving to a senior place & tx god they offer something better & less expensive so I can say, bub-bye! No more threats of all these extra charges you guys say when I say I'm cancelling. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_cefbfa Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. We are sorry to hear that you are not having a good experience with us. When you can, please send a Direct Message with your full name and address. Here are instructions on how to send a DM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

1 Message

15 days ago

Yes, notification's seem obsolete these days.  just $$$$$  Take it or leave it I guess is the xfinity motto 

But.. for more more money they will fix you up with a new package..

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey User_165cec, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.  I would be more than happy to offer my assistance. If you have any account related questions feel free to let us know. We are here to assist. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here