CTown94's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, September 7th, 2024 9:03 PM

How to stream BTN games outside the home

How can xfinity tv subscribers with BTN, stream games when not at home? The Fox Sports app says that BTN games are not available for xfinity subscribers.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

1 month ago

Good afternoon @CTown94 and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums, we appreciate it and hope you are having a wonderful start to your week! We appreciate you reaching out with your concerns streaming BTN on the Fox Sports app and assure you that you've reached the right team to help look into this further. To confirm, do you see XFINITY available on the list of providers when accessing the Fox Sports app? Are you able to watch BTN games on your TV home without any issues? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 month ago

Yes, xfinity is the tv provider that I selected in the fox sports app and successfully logged in. That’s when the message appears over games broadcast on BTN that xfinity subscribers do not have access. I am able to watch the BTN channel on my tvs at home.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for confirming that you were able to select XFINITY as the TV provider in the app and successfully log in but that's when you received the message, we appreciate it @CTown94. I'm also glad to hear that you are still able to watch BTN on your TVs. May I ask what type of device you are using to access the Fox Sports app? Do you experience this issue on multiple devices or just one? May I also ask when this issue first started occurring? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

19 days ago

I am having the same issue. The fox app specifies that BTN is no longer available and to contact Xfinity. I am using a Samsung Android tablet. 

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

@grail1223​ it appears this only impacts Oregon and Washington games. I know it's an issue in those areas, but I live in Chicago. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey @grail1223, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Big Ten Networks and Out-of-Home streaming. Not all channels will be eligible to watch outside the home and would require being connected to your In-Home Network to watch on the Xfinity Stream App. Are you experiencing issues streaming while In-Home or only while Out-of-Home?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here