touchofgray's profile

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

Wed, Dec 30, 2020 6:00 PM

how to get to cable apps

i can only get to the cable apps when i turn the tv on, but how can i get to the cable apps while tv is  already

on?

Responses

Accepted Solution

CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 m ago

That is correct, you need an Xfinity internet connection to use the apps. They are internet based and have usage to account for and other providers don’t work
CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 m ago

Xfinity button then arrow to Apps
Or
Use the voice commands for whatever app you’re looking for

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

6 m ago

problem is: our hoa and comcast split ways and hoa brought in at&t for internet.   i still have comcast for tv, but i cannot get voice to connect or the apps to connect because it tells me i have to connect thru xfinity.    i pay for amazon and netflix and i can't connect?   this isn't right.

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

5 m ago

so are you telling me that since i no longer have comcast internet, through no fault of my own, that the amazon and netflix that I PAY FOR, i can no longer get on the tv either by voice or by apps?   i can't believe there isn't a fix for this.

andyross

Silver Problem Solver

• 

6.9K Messages

5 m ago

If you pay for Netflix and Amazon on your own (not through Comcast), then you can use any 3rd party device like a Roku, Amazon Fire, most new Smart TV's, etc...

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

5 m ago

i do have a smart tv, but i have to get a firestick in order to get amazon and netflix that i pay for outright and not through comcast?     if my comcast internet is disconnected, then all my apps should be available for viewing through another internet provider unless they're not proprietary through comcast, such as peacock, or hbo max for example.    this is a sham!!!

CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 m ago

There is no way to connect your x1 service to another internet provider. If you want access through X1, you need their internet service or you’ll have to use the suggestions mentioned above.

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

5 m ago

thanks for all your replies.   very disappointed tho.   i had no choice but to leave comcast internet because at&t came into our hoa and i can't afford both.    as a long time comcast customer, i kept the cable and phone..... now i'm giving it 2nd thoughts about switching all to at&t.     i assumed internet was internet that it had nothing to do with tv... boy was i wrong.

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

5 m ago

so darn confusing.   i have a smart tv.  i pay for amazon and netflix outright.    i have comcast tv cable... what does the internet have to do with the tv?

andyross

Silver Problem Solver

• 

6.9K Messages

5 m ago

X1 is not like a normal cable box. It's little more than a remote terminal. It actually uses the same High Speed Internet connections as a modem. BUT, it is restricted to just the Comcast servers and INTERNAL network. If you want to use an Internet app like Netflix, it needs to access the full Internet, and that is tied to having a Comcast Internet service account.

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

5 m ago

they had contracted with comcast since about 2000.   our internet was included in the hoa maintenance.    this year they couldn't come to a financial agreement so comcast out, at&t in.    i could have kept comcast and at&t since a&t internet payment is now included in the hoa, but i can't afford comcast and at&t.   i thought my smart tv could handle the switch... even though i'm still not clear on what my cable tv has to do with the internet.

if i have a sprint phone, i can move it over to another mobile service.... why can't this be done with internet?   is this just another way to thumb the nose to  the customers?

dcfox

Regular Contributor

• 

326 Messages

5 m ago

@touchofgray Just curious but how does or can a HOA dictate which service provider you subscribe to?

ComcastRob

Official Employee

• 

271 Messages

5 m ago

@touchofgray

Hi there! I'd be glad to ensure that this gets looked into further. Please click on my handle (ComcastRob) and send a private message with your name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details-- like the ticket number(s)-- so we can help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick
ComcastRob

Official Employee

• 

271 Messages

5 m ago

@touchofgray

Hi there! I'd be glad to ensure that this gets looked into further. Please click on my handle (ComcastRob) and send a private message with your name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details-- like the ticket number(s)-- so we can help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

5 m ago

don't need a firestick or roku or anything else.     i was trying to get it going with the comcast remote....all that was necessarywas to use my tv remote and go to settings.   all works fine.   only drawback  is i have to use 2 remotes now instead of one...  but i can live with it!

New to the Community?

Start Here