U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, October 1st, 2021 4:09 PM

Closed

How do I record ONLY the channel 4 news station repeatedly only at 5pm?

How do I schedule the "WTAE News" 5pm news to repeatedly record?  when I select to record the series, it automatically selects the noon, 4pm, 5pm, 6pm, 11pm, and midnight times as  well.  so instead of getting 1 recording, I get 6 per day.  When I try to manually record the station for the specific time (left arrow, select channel, and set time) I can't set it up as a reoccuring schedule.  I watch all 5pm news broadcasts (ABC, CBS, and NBC) so Instead of getting 3 recordings, I get 13 or so a day.  Help!  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

3 years ago

Not Forum Guidelines related; moved here for help.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

3 years ago

Hey there, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your DVR issues. I am sorry to hear you are having issues recording the news program you are interested in. We definitely want to help with troubleshooting. When you are setting up the recording are you going to the one in the guide at 5 pm, selecting the record, and selecting record all future episodes?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Yes I am.  Instead of just taping the 5pm showing, it tapes 6 others during the day as well.

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

It has been some time @user_a9280e since we last talked. Were you able to get this resolved, or are you still having issues?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Problem Solver

• 

724 Messages

2 years ago

Here's a solution: shell out for a TiVo, jump through the hoops of hooking it up, jump through more hoops of having to get a CableCard for it, and do it there.

Seriously, there does not appear to be a way to do a repeat recording of a specific channel for a specific day of the week (or even "every day") at a specific time with the Xfinity boxes. The closest you can get is to do what you do now - set up a series, then just delete the episodes you don't want to watch. Yes, that is a pain, but that appears to be the only way to do it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here