U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, May 1st, 2022 7:41 PM

Closed

Hooking up internet essential to my tv?

I signed up for Comcast internet essentials and received my self install modem for Xfinity wifi.  I hooked to to the coax cable and plugged into outlet.  Seems to be working fine. 

QUESTION:  Am I supposed to hook the ethernet cord from  modem to my smart tv so that my tv has wifi and I can watch Netflix on it?  They are on opposite sides of the room and cannot get wireless connection.  

I doubt I have a long enough coax cable to reach across the room.  

Does anyone have a solution so I can have wifi to my tv, cause it's got all these extra channels I like to watch.  Right now I'm only getting antenna tv.  My phone is through qlink.  And i dont have a computer.  So the internet essentials dosent really help me if the internet can go to my tv.

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_3f51e2 and thanks for reaching out. I know how important it is to get WiFi connected to your TV. Most Smart TVs will scan for the available networks within range. What type of TV are you using? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have a Samsung TV 📺 

CAN I USE MY INTERNET ESSENTIAL ON IT

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

@user_014c78

Yes you would be able to connect to your network via your smart TV or device. Are you not being able to connect? -MartinB

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here