kjakubowsk's profile

Contributor

• 

157 Messages

Monday, June 17th, 2019 1:00 PM

Closed

Hitz replacing Cinemax? Really?

You're replacing all of the Cinemax channels from packages with this on-demand Hitz garbage that has a "rotating list of more than 200 movie titles"?

And, of course, you're not lowering the price of our packages either.  How do you really see Hitz as an equal replacement of Cinemax?  We're losing six channels, all of Cinemax's original programming, and they currently have almost 300 movies on-demand.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

5 years ago

I've been watching Cinemax for years as part of my xfinity service and it's suddenly telling me that I need to subscribe .  I'ts been part of my service all this time.  I've tried all the usual remedies and still get the same result.  I was getting an error message earlier this evening, a XF-03121 or something like that, and after the refresh, it started telling me I needed to subscibe.  Some guidance, please? Thanks.

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

5 years ago

I have to say my issue is that I was never made aware of any change, I only figured something was wrong when my wife tried to watch a movie last night and my system froze and said that I didn't have the channel that I have had for many years. I don't like any of the politics of the companies/owners playing against each other and we get ripped off. If I don't have the channel remove it from the guide altogether or let me block it from showing up because it going to cause me issues.

Contributor

• 

277 Messages

5 years ago

I was just scrolling around and noticed that my Cinemax On-Demand was back up for free after it had been taken away. I can't get the two cinemax channels but the on-demand library is back to being free to me which is all I really care about anyway. Not sure when it happened, I haven't checked for a few days but as of Sat 7-27 at 2:30 pm I have Max On-demand again. I was going thru my favorites and was ready to get rid of "The Star Chamber" when I noticed it was free to me again. Thought maybe it went to Prime Video but when I checked it said Cinemax On-Demand and it played when I started it. Thanks Comcast

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

After scrolling through the “289” titles (many repeated in the list so less than 289) I noticed aged (1931), B & lower grade movies but nothing reasonably qualified to replace Cinemax. I hit play on “The Changeling” and as we use Closed Captions, sat there while the writing was 20-30 seconds delayed from the audio. Ridiculous!!!!!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Hey, im not happy abt you guys cutting off cinemax for hitz which has a databse of rubbish movies. Either reduce my bill or add cinemax for free. Eitherway you can remove hitz.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I watch Xfinity primarily for the movies.  You just took away both my live and OnDemand Cinemax selections and replaced with the OnDemand  ONLY  HITZ service.  It is not an equitable trade.  Not to mention the added cost of using more remote batteries to find movies to watch on this OnDemand only service.  So far I haven’t found 1 movie that I want to watch...they’re old with a load of B movies and/or many are rated 40% or lower in movie reviews.  You folks owe me a refund....you didn’t ask us viewers if we would like to make this change....all for your bottom line, the almighty $.  I am angry and disillusioned.  I have been a loyal customer since 1983, if but there was another comparable cable option out there for me me to switch to, I would.  The last upgrade I had was badly botched and had to be repaired.  Let’s just say that I’m not a happy camper these days.....

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

At least some of the people discussing this were warned.

I just suddenly found out I'm not getting Cinemax anymore, with no explanation.  I spent 48 minutes (actually measured) with a service representative that just plain flat out lied to me about a number of things, and I can prove it.  I went through all of my E-mail, both what is sent to me and what I receive on the xfinity web site, and I was never warned.  My guide still shows Cinemax as included in my package, but it isn't and I'm still being charged the same amount.  I agree that "Hitz" isn't a replacement, and that xfinity's explanations are inadequate at best, downright false at worst.

The only true thing the representative said to me was that may other customers are also upset about this.

There is a good discussion about this at

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Hitz-replacing-Cinemax-Really/m-p/3236567

but apparently they will not accept replies to that topic because it has been 'answered'

I plan to file a formal complaint with the State Attourny General's Office (which is where consumer protection is handled in this state).

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Xfinity really did me dirty here. Just terrible customer service all around

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Cinamax is what we pay for..not hits.....

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Well... looks ike I will be leaving xfinity. Cinemax is that serious. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Funny
Cause I just called customer service and they said Comcast was NOT carring Cinemax?

I also got nailed.
1-Why are we paying Cinemax ($12.99) price on our contract but getting a sub-par channel HITZ ($4.99).
2-

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hello, Flyinion. 

I wanted to reach out one more time before closing out your post. Did you have any other questions? 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Not only are you fraudulent, you are also treating your customers as if they were stupid. Hitz is an old movie channel. Cinemax is a current movie channel. This isn’t the first time. As soon as this contract is up, it will be the last.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hi there again, SRK10. 

I wanted to reach out and touch base before closing out your post. 

Did you have any other questions? 

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hi @ron_gee

Thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forums. Effective July 17th, 2019, Cinemax has been replaced with Hitz, which is a new commercial-free On Demand movie service. You should have been made aware of this change on your billing statements between May 24th-June 24th. Most of the movies on Cinemax also air on HBO, and since impacted customers will retain HBO as part of their service, Hitz will help us deliver a better variety of content. If you wish to continue receiving Cinemax, I can help you add it back to your account. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here