kjakubowsk's profile

Contributor

• 

157 Messages

Monday, June 17th, 2019 1:00 PM

Closed

Hitz replacing Cinemax? Really?

You're replacing all of the Cinemax channels from packages with this on-demand Hitz garbage that has a "rotating list of more than 200 movie titles"?

And, of course, you're not lowering the price of our packages either.  How do you really see Hitz as an equal replacement of Cinemax?  We're losing six channels, all of Cinemax's original programming, and they currently have almost 300 movies on-demand.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

587 Messages

5 years ago

Very unhappy to lose Cinemax for an inferior replacement-Hitz!

I have had Cinemax as long as I have had cable-along with the top package,

and I am not about to pay $12 a month to get it back.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have tivo and they no longer offer on demans.  They still charge the same for having a eivo card.  I just went to Hulu premium and will modify my xfinity oackage shortly.  Hey Comcast you are not the only game in town anymore.  Cut your rates or we will cut you

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

your reply is insulting.  I have never noticed that Cinemax was the same as HBO.  

Moreover, the notice given of this change is totally unacceptable:  tiny print on the bottom of page 3 on a 5 page bill.  Seems to me you knew what you were doing was unacceptable.  

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Hitz is totally inferior and I will never watch it. What a joke of a channel.  It is an insult to equate it to Cinemax.

What is outrageous is the way this was done.  This is a disgrace!   tiny print on my June bill that i had to go back and try to find.  Is this the way you treat premium customers?  I've been a premium consumer for almost 3 decades and this is how you treat me?  

what is the point of getting a 'package deal' if you can make such a dramatic change to the package?  What is the point when you give such lousy notice.  

Contributor

• 

277 Messages

5 years ago

Just found out today. Was watching a movie off Cinemax on-demand that was in my recently watched queue up until last night. When I went to pick it up today I got the bad news. I saw in the channel guide last night all the hitz channels and the cinemax channels that were left but I didn't check them. Now when I go to the guide and click on one of the hitz channels it just goes right to their lousy on-demand menu. Didn't watch a lot of Cinemax but I would pull a movie off it every now and then and actually had two in my queue. The Last Seduction was the one I was watching last night and disappeared today, but I also have that on Prime Video so I can pick it back up, also had Pirannah from Max OD but that is gone unless I want to pay $12 a month (NOT) Oh well, I still love the X1 so I will live with it.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

I mostly agree with the reaction expressed by this email chain that the current Hitz content being offered is mostly inferior to that of Cinemax.  But I'm surprised at how many are "surprised" that this change took place when it did.  I always read my Comcast bill when it comes in the mail (I still get a hard copy in the mail) and it was clearly stated in the June bill that this change was to take place.  I complained on this forum a month ago as only a few others did too.  Too bad so many of you did not pay attention and didn't complain then.  Not that it would have made a difference - as this is Comcast we're talking about.  But if you're a true movie buff, then you'll see that not all of the content on Hitz is "b" movie quality or trash - which did surprise me - as some of the movies are critically acclaimed older movies from the mid-20th Century.   As for the later offerings from the late 20th and early 21st? - If you're hooked on Marvel movies and other juvenile media then you probably won't notice or care so much.  This change affects those of us who have been paying for the Premium package and a few other packages as well.  So how some of you could not be aware of "Streampix" and other content which is offered by default in these packages is beyond me.  After all, this is your money we're talking about so why are you forking over a chunk of money to Comcast if you don't know what you're paying for?  As for Streampix, most of the content consists of junk which no one wants to see - with a very few exceptions from time to time.   And if you're a fan of Turner Classic Movies, then you've probably already seen the current content of movies offered on Hitz that are worth seeing.  And there's the rub.  There really aren't any recently made movies of substance offered on Hitz like there are on Cinemax.  At least with Cinemax, if you happened to miss a fairly recently made movie leaving HBO you could see it when it moved to Cinemax.   Also, The Movie Channel content practically mirrors that of Showtime - so if Comcast was being honest about making the change as they are trying to advertise, then it would have been The Movie Channel that they would have dropped.  Yes, there may be contract issues with Cinemax, blah, blah, blah.  But they need to be honest.  Bottom line here, I don't have the time to watch everything I'd like to watch on TV these days.  But I do have time to check my bill and see where my money is going.  Shame on all of you who don't do that.  Start paying attention.  While you can't "rent" the original content offered by Cinemax, we can rent most of the movies they show.  So short of paying the $12.00 a month to get Cinemax back just for movies, I'll just pay the 3.99, 4.99 or 5.99 On-Demand rental to watch the one or two at the most movies I would watch on Cinemax now anyway.  Or wait till they offer Cinemax for free for a week and then "binge" watch if I feel to cheap to pay the rental.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Exsisting package subscribers under contract should not have been affected by this change until their contract was up.   

Either that OR a reduction on the monthy bill.    Fair is fair comcast!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

"Jett", a series I was watching on Cinemax is NOT offered by HBO.  HITZ is nothing but old movies.  I'm very disappointed in this move.  HITZ is NOT of equal value to what Cinemax offered and Cinemax does have it's own programming such as JETT.  While I'm sure our bills won't be reduced, I absolutely will NOT pay $12.00/mo for your bad programming judgement.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Same here  just found out about this earlier today. 

I had Max just yesterday and when i went to watch one of the many Max channels it said "Subscription required"?

Called them and found out what was going on and am extremely upset about this considering my bill will remain the same for less overall channels now( i looked over what  "Hitz"  has to offer and am not impressed at all!)  and the fact i am in a two year contract with Comcast.   Max has 7 channels!  How is this a good trade off?

This was not very fair to CHANGE something that was a downgrade while having to pay the same money for less per month. 

I am not shelling out a additional $12 per month when just yesterday and prior it was part of my total bill which is already at $200!  

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I find this continual reduction in service very insulting. MGM movies were taken away and now Cinemax. Epix is also an extra subscription. I pay for a large package of options and I expect to get what I pay for. The choices are dwindling and cost goes up. How stupid do you think we are? 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

These guys are now censoring some of our posts. I posted earlier that HITZ does not provide any value compared to the Cinemax content that was taken away. It seems to me that if all of the customers would prefer Cinemax, saying that HITZ brings more value is a complete insult to our intelligence. Let’s see if they censor this one as well. Once my term runs out, I will be switching to another provider.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Nice try and cover up. You took away channels and did not adjust pricing. Your hitz do not compare to cinemax..it just doesnt. However, this should have been a customer choice and not done the bully way.

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

5 years ago

When I look in the Guide right now, the movies offered on Cinemax are much better than what is on HITZ.  We don't want HITZ.  We want Cinemax!  When I signed the contract, Cinemax was included.  It is not fair that you remove it.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I realized this today when I went to access Cinemax. After 3 calls to xfinity...getting "nowhere" (I might add) I pulled out all my junk mail and found a letter from some "big wig" announcing this change.....of course, no contact listed.  I am in an agreement with Comcast for a set fee and set channels until January 2021 and am viewing this as a breech of contract. I plan on making another call to retention. Hitz is substandard at best. I saw one movie from 2017, the rest were 2005 and lower. Comcast....although I really don't feel you care....this is not a great way to do business, I have been a loyal customer since 1992, but these shenanigans to profit of the backs of your customers is so petty, but sets a tone of customer value. A CONTRACT IS A CONTRACT.

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

5 years ago

Totallay agree, just found today I no longer have my cinemax and it wants me to subscribe to the cinemax on demand for an additional $12.00 per month- are you kidding me? I'm already near $200 / month . what about the series shows we were watching on there? Like Jett? They aren't on Hitz, and also agree we lost a bunch of channels, frankly way too many sports channels for me included in this top pkg and music and not being rude by I see more latino channels/shows on the channels that did not use to be so. They got the whole 600 group of channels why is it encroaching on my package, and the 200 group of channels now. I don't speak spanish. So agree think its time to take a look a other options, - not sure you have them at the moment.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here