U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, October 2nd, 2022 1:23 AM

Closed

H&I is now MeTV? And MeTV is now GRIT?

What the heck happened to H&I? That channel is now showing the MeTV lineup, and the MeTV channel is now GRIT. Did Xfinity remove H&I?? It's my favorite channel for its Saturday night lineup. If it's gone, then I may very well be gone as well to another carrier.

Problem Solver

• 

766 Messages

2 years ago

What makes you think any other carrier in your area will have H&I? What seems to have happened is, the local station that was airing MeTV changed to Grit, and the local station that was airing H&I changed to MeTV. Channels like H&I, Grit, MeTV, Buzzr, and Laff aren't usually available to cable companies on a national level; instead, local stations that air them as "subchannels" make them available, and if they decide to get rid of a channel, Comcast can't air it in that area any more unless another station starts broadcasting it.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@ThatDonGuy​ 

Interesting. Frndly and Philo both carry H&I, so I was thinking about them.

New Poster

• 

17 Messages

2 years ago

Mid Michigan used to have Heroes and Icons on channel FOX47.2 I think, and MeTV on WILX10.2. Now FOX47.2 is MeTV as well, and these are the channels on WILX:

10.2 MeTV 10.3 Circle Network 10.4 ION Television 10.5 Antenna TV 10.6 True Crime Network 10.7 Heroes & Icons 29.2 MeTV 29.3 Start TV 29.4 Story Television

Someone needs to inform Comcast of this fact. How do You go about doing this?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@davemotto​ 

Not sure what you mean by the numbers: 10.7, 29.3, etc. I have Xfinity and it just goes by a channel number such as MeTV was 296. Can you explain?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

Those are local over the air channels.  Have you ever thought about getting an amplified antenna to get over the air channels?

Retired Expert

Gold Problem Solver

New Poster

• 

17 Messages

@user_3c53ab​ Yes, WILX TV is an NBC station in Lansing MI, and also there are other channels associated with it in the broadcast spectrum. So, 10.2 is a broadcast (over the air) secondary channel that used to carry Heroes & Icons, and no longer does; now it is carrying MeTV. On Comcast, that became 294. I had my over the air channel numbers wrong above.  WILX TV 10.7 now lists Heroes & Icons as its channel, and if you had an antenna you may be able to pick it up if you were in range. On Mid-Michigan Comcast, we were getting our Comcast channel 296 (MeTV) from Fox 47.2 also out of Lansing I think.

So, to fix this, someone at Comcast has to make a deal with WILX TV to take the shows on their 10.7 channel and put them on 294, instead of their 10.2 channel that they used to use. I don't know how to get the word to them through this website, if possible.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@davemotto​ 

Thanks. I'll look into picking up an antenna.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Hello, @davemotto, and thank you for reaching out to bring this to our attention. Usually when changes like this happen, we are aware, and will notify the affected customers about 3-4 months in advance on your monthly billing statements. Have you had a chance to review your most recent bills to see if these changes were mentioned on your statements? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here