vlawde's profile

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

Friday, November 3rd, 2023 5:48 PM

Closed

HBO/MAX

I have HBO built into my channel package, so I'm not paying a extra charge for it ala carte. Of course HBO MAX is part of HBO, so I have a question about the upcoming tier changes in Max. Will this affect my Comcast bill? What I'm concerned about with Max is that there may be ads, but the biggest thing for me is the basic info I read said in would be HD, no mention of 4K. Part of the point of MAX is you can view things in 4K, HBO doesnt. just HD. How or  will these upcoming changes affect me?

BTW I still don't understand why Comcast and the cable channels it carries (not counting internet content like MAX, Netflix etc) are not broadcast in 4K, just HD

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 months ago

We automatically get the ad-free plan because we subscribe to cable HBO. They are taking away 4K and Dolby Atmos and we have no option to upgrade. Just one more reason to stop paying for cable and subscribe to specific streaming services a la carte when new shows/seasons drop and then cancel. 

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

Agree -- it used to be convenient and save $$$ using a cable service to "aggregate" services and have a common user interface.  But now all the services have their own "apps" with different user interfaces on the X1 box anyway, and the service keeps deteriorating while the middleman (Xfinity) still wants a bigger bite.

I am thinking it is time to just ditch cable TV entirely, and just go direct to the content providers.

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

10 months ago

What?!?!? What a bunch of BS, MAX is redundant without 4K and Atmos. They need to add MORE 4k content, why take it away? Good time to cut the cable and get 4k on almost all the streaming apps

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @vlawde  erod550 is correct starting December 5 customers who subscribe to the Max Ad-Free tier can expect:

• Streaming is allowed on two devices at once instead of three. 
  • Viewing select titles in 4K HDR with Dolby Atmos is no longer available.

4K content will only be included with the Ultimate Ad-Free tier, which is not currently available for sale from Xfinity. For additional information, please visit help.max.com.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

9 months ago

My situation is slightly different. Several days ago, I stop having access to max entirely. This is the 3rd time this has happened, only now it appears if I don't have a smart phone to scan a QR i am out of luck.

Of course, I called the help desk with was a loss of another hour of my life I was told to use my smart phone and 3rd time saying I don't use one, I was offered the ability to purchase one. I guess in order to give comcast money, I need to pay even more money. 

I have now attempted to enter a code on my desktop. it does nothing for my TV. Good news is I can watch MAX on my desktop, just not my TV.

Here is my bottom line, I have a 65 in 4K tv which can't get 4 K through the cable. I must jump through hoops to get to a call center, which seldom helps or calls back. And I know that I pay 300 a month my 3 lack of service joy. I can self-subscribe to the service I use, spend less (I checked). and get faster everything.

Xfinity was just easier. 

I am probably cutting the cord since I am tired of being chumped.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi there @user_4vpvni!  Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and want to help in any way that we can to ensure you are having the best experience with your service.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message so that we can work on this for you.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

Ultimately, the time to help is now passed. I was promised a call back this last time, It did not happen. No call log shows any attempt. As far a private messaging that is no longer an option, secret communication are for people you trust. My hesitancy should speak, to that issue, but for ful transparency I don't trust your company.  

Official Employee

• 

500 Messages

@vlawde  Thanks for the feedback. The forums or community posts are not live chats, or contacts. Messages posted on these boards and the responses from the community to help are amazing, as they can assist numerous people at once. We also monitor and help as much as we can, but it's a community experience. If you need immediate contact, sign in and use the live chat here https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us, or call 800-XFINITY. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here