U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, September 4th, 2021 10:32 PM

Closed

GRIT TV disappeared

Channel dedicated to old westerns replaced with another old sitcom lineup. Why? No notice, no customer input, no nothing.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

No Grit? Adios Comcast!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

3 years ago

GritTV is a broadcast network carried by a local TV station. If they dropped or changed the network, then Comcast can do nothing. Comcast just passes on the signal as received from them.

Where are you located? Do you know the station that was carrying it? There should have been hourly station ID's.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@andyross

I know that GRIT is still being broadcast in Charlottesville, VA so it's still out there but has disappeared from the Washington DC broadcast area.  Based on your comment, it seems to me that if it's out there it should still be available through Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@andyross​ If what you are saying is true, then why, if I can't get it on Xfinity at my house, then how does my mother-in-law (who lives about 3-4 miles from me) still receive it?

Official Employee

• 

455 Messages

@user_fe7bac That's an excellent question. I am unable to explain why your mother down the street has Grit TV due to not knowing who her carrier is. Grit TV is a local station that no longer carries it. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Grit was one of my favorite channels when there was nothing else on but garbage shows, now it’s been replaced by garbage shows. Xfinity clearly doesn’t care about what subscribers care about and for the money we pay it may be time for a mass exit by disappointed customers to some other cable format. Bring it back or I’m outta here.

Problem Solver

• 

740 Messages

@user_629ddb As has already been explained by @andyross, Grit is missing because the local station that was carrying it no longer does. No other cable company in your area is going to have it.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Okay. First let me pile on and say that GRIT was about the best thing left in the regular schedule. I am hearing that nobody at Comcast really cares why the station isn't on air right now. That says very bad management at Comcast / Xfinity. And that station has had technical problems in the past. Are they in a flood zone? Power? Staff?

Why hasn't Comcast looked into this and run one of those awkward notices across the screen like y'all do when a program is switched or delayed? 

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_bf6289 I apologize for any inconvenience. At any time specific channels may be added, changed or removed for a variety of reasons, including the launch of popular new channels or changes in the popularity of existing channels. We regularly evaluate our packages to ensure they include the best combination of options to appeal to our customers. 

Unfortunately, GRIT is a local station that the local area is no longer offering and it has been replaced. This was not a decision made by Comcast. Comcast only broadcasts the programs provided.  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityHeather 

WQPX, sub-channel 64.4,  a local station in Scranton carries GRIT TV.  Why can't Comcast (Xfinity) pick that offering up?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

3 years ago

Again. Comcast has NO control over what is happening at a local TV station.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Grit didn’t go anywhere you can get it by using your antenna and using no cable. Maybe this is a sign that we as lovers of Grit programming don’t need to be paying for this overpriced cable with stations filled with mostly infomercials.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

3 years ago

Again, Comcast just passes on what is aired. You will see no real difference between getting it from Comcast and getting it from an antenna.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@andyross Antenna is free, that’s the difference. With Comcast you paid for Grit and the infomercials.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

I see where I'm not the only one that is missing GRIT. Oh well, have had to make lots of concessions this past year and a half and guess this is another one.  Think I am going to look into the antenna option. Price for Comcast/Xfinity service and equipment going up, promotions not offered to long time existing customers (Comcast/Xfinity no different than other communication companies), and home service appointments no longer within a reasonable time period.  It's been good, but perhaps I need to think about reading more books and saving myself at least $200 a month.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

We t

o watched Grit all the time. I even tried contacting Comcast. What a joke trying to actually talk to someone. Tried the live chat too. Even that didn't work. I hope they bring Grit back.

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

3 years ago

This has been explained over and over, It is a local station sub channel broadcast like MeTV and several others and if they drop it the is nothing Comast can do.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Let's try this one then.  WQPX, sub-channel 64.4,  a local station in Scranton carries GRIT TV.  Why can't Comcast (Xfinity) pick that offering up?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@dcfox It's noted, however, that others are voicing their displeasure that the channel suddenly disappeared.  I just don't understand why it bothers you enough that you feel the need to comment that the rest of us are ignorant for doing so. If you don't care about Grit, why are you commenting? You aren't being helpful in this community forum where others are making suggestions.  Enough responses from the viewing public have, in the past, been able to have channels or programs restored.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_46dd0a 

WQPX is unfortunately out of my antenna range (maybe?) I might try contacting them to see if I could. Miss GRIT channel. I believe SLING carries it, but once again $$$$$. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I was told by a CSR that the Grit channel was coming back on. That the issue was due to some upgrades Grit was doing and that it would be coming back on.  Is this true or not? And if it isn’t true then why did I get lied to?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

Hi user_8ca7fe, thanks for reaching out. I am not currently seeing an update for GRIT just yet. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Grit was carried on a side channel (26.2 or 26.4, I believe) of WTNH/WCTX, a broadcast channel in Connecticut.  Call the station at [Edited: "Personal Information"] to ask why it was dropped and register a protest.

(edited)

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

I watched GRIT TV last night and pretty much every night in bed.  My dad also watches it on the DISH network as late as two days ago.  Tried to catch it on Xfinity this morning and find it is no longer there.  Xfinity saying it is no longer offered by the local station raises questions along with raises in my Xfinity bill.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Why did the Grit channel stop?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

According to Comcast, GRIT is a local channel that the local area is not offering.  But I have a small TV in the garage not connected to cable and it has a digital airways antenna. That TV has GRIT on it, so the channel IS available.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Why would you all do that we enjoy our old western we in love the grit channel.I have been watching that channel for over Four years and you take from us like that I am very on happy.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here