avajo4's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, October 30th, 2022 2:52 PM

Closed

Great American Family Channel

So I am supposed to be able to get the GAC channel on my xfinity channel lineup. What channel is it on, I cannot find it. If you do not support this channel, why does it say xfinity does on their website?

Official Employee

• 

192 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @avajo4, thank you for reaching out to the Xfinity Communities team for support via Forums. We appreciate you bringing this channel lineup concern to our attention, so we may assist you and others having similar issues. Yes, we do have GAC. This channel is available only as an Internet Protocol Network meaning customers must have HD service and a compatible X1 TV Box or use the Xfinity Stream App on a compatible third-party device to enjoy this network. This channel is not available for customers using a Legacy style cable system.

If you're having difficulties locating the channel, you can use your voice remote and say 'Great American Country Channel' and it will bring you right to it. 

Please let us know if you would like us to check your account (in a private message) to confirm you have a channel lineup that includes GAC. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityJoshM​   It’s really easy to get to. Channel 1620.    You meant to say “Great American FAMILY” channel right? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Hello, I would like to know what channel Great American Family is on. I see where it’s channel 1620 but that shows Black Experience.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_0d31d6​  You really need to recheck your channels and you will see that channel 1620 is the Great American Family channel.

The Black Experience channel is a great channel which is on 1622 and should not be depicted in a negative light. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Hello, I really did recheck my channels and I did see that channel 1620 is indeed the Black Experience channel. Not sure why you implied it was depicted in a negative light. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Ive continued patiently waiting for this Chanel.  Don’t have channel 1620 in my guide 

friends an hour north of us have it in their xfinity line up but we do not in our area 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Since we have no 1620 channel listed, when we call out 1620, it goes to 1622 which is Black Experience channel.  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_ff6304​    That was a rude and ridiculous answer. The questioner had no opinion of the black entertainment channel. It’s irrelevant.  How in the world do you get to that statement? 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

2 years ago

You can always watch GAC-1620 on Xfinity Streaming with Roku, LG TVs, Amazon Fire, and other streaming devices, but check the list of currently supported devices.   My household uses this method for all Xfinity IP channels.  The sound will only be two channel stereo, but it is better than not having GAC.  With so many Hallmark actors moving to GAC, they have some great shows this Christmas season.  Starting in August, they will have a new movie every week and several new movies a week next Christmas.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@bvwhitney​ we live in Fort Myers and can not find GAC on channel 1620, there is no 1620. It’s not on Xfinity Streaming, we have Samsung tv’s, it’s not on our TV with the Xfinity X1 and can’t seem to get an answer from anyone.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_0d31d6 Hello! We are sorry to hear that you've had some difficulty locating this channel. We see that you have sent us a Private Message, and we will be responding to you there.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

My channel 1620 disappeared takes me to either a skippy peanut butter recall or if you speak into remote takes you to black experience channel . What’s going on ?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@jre_68​ the same happened to me i thought i was crazy, the GAC SD channel 147 is still there but not the hd channel

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

We have the same problem. The channel recently disappeared. When you call it out it goes to 1622 because 1620 is not listed anymore in the guide.

Valued Contributor

• 

406 Messages

Thank you for contacting us on the forums, @jre_68! I'm sorry to hear about the issues surrounding channel 1620. I know you posted a couple of days ago, but are you still having the same issue?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @user_e0c94f and thank you for your comment. Have you done any troubleshooting such as reset your Xfinity equipment?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here