CCJessie1's profile

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

Tuesday, March 8th, 2022 4:07 PM

Closed

Free Movies Week 2022

Don’t miss the one-week chance to watch tons of the best movies, all for no additional charge. Free Movies Week is happening March 8-14th. Turn on your TV to discover what’s available and get started.​

Watch free movies from premium networks and subscription services as part of Free Movies Week, including programming from HBO Max, Peacock, EPIX, STARZ, and Showtime. This means you can watch tons of free movies with no strings attached.

Make the most of the week by watching free movies like Dune, Redeeming Love, Spiderman-Homecoming, Venom and Suicide Squad. Explore content that’s already available at no extra charge on Peacock, XUMO, and Tubi. 

Just say “Free Movies Week” into your Voice Remote to easily browse tons of FREE movies. No need to change input or apps, all the Free Movies Week content is available directly through Xfinity Flex and X1.  Select content is also available on Stream. ​

Free Movies Week is brought to you by Xfinity Rewards. Xfinity Rewards lets customers enjoy a mix of special perks and experiences just for being a customer. Xfinity is bringing you tons of free content during Free Movie Week to celebrate your loyalty and support as a customer. Sign up for Xfinity Rewards to enjoy special perks. It’s free and easy to join.

Terms of Service
Free Movies Week is available to residential Xfinity TV, Xfinity Flex, and Internet customers from 3/8/22 to 3/14/22.  Restrictions apply.  Not available in all areas. Programming subject to change. Peacock Premium has a $4.99/mo. value.  Activation required to access Peacock.  Streaming content only available in the U.S. © 2022 Comcast.  All rights reserved.  All other copyrights and trademarks are the properties of their respective owners. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I can’t get access to the free movies. It it available in denver? 

I say ‘free movies week’ into the voice remote & get error code ENT-22013. 

Tried at least ten times.

(edited)

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_694a03​ Thank you so much for posting your question here. We sincerely apologize that you are experiencing issues with your voice remote when saying "Free Movies Week". We are aware of this issue and are working hard to resolve it as soon as possible. In the meantime, are you able to access the Free Movies Week tile in the On Demand section of your guide?

Thank you again for your post and your patience as we work to get this resolved. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

it takes me to a ‘subscribe’ page when I try to view the hbo movies, but worked with a movie thru starz

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

@user_694a03 

Thank you for those details. Is there a specific HBO title you are unable to view? 

If you click the "Xfinity" button on your remote, you should be able to click the down arrow to access the Free Movies Week On Demand tile where all the Free Movies Week content is available. 

(edited)

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

It was Free Guy that I clicked on that failed. I want to watch Dune, but can’t find it.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Free movie week covers

• HBO | HBO Max
    • Full HBO library with select HBO Max titles.
    • Please note that not all content is available from the HBO Max app.
  • EPIX
  • STARZ
  • Showtime
    • Full Showtime library available on X1 and Stream: March 8-14
    • Select Showtime content available for Flex only: March 8-10
    • Full Showtime library available for Flex only: March 11-14
  • Lifetime Movie Club
  • Pantaya
  • Hallmark Movies Now* *Note: Hallmark Movies Now, Dekko, Revry and A&E Crime Central are not available on Xfinity Stream.

You can also try saying dune into the voice remote and trying to watch that way. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Hi, the same issue goes for me when trying to watch a Showtime movie, "Good Time" which is listed under the free movies. I either have to click Subscribe for $12/mo. or just exit out the screen. :(

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@jventura​ 

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your Free Movies Week question here. Please remember that at this point, only select Showtime content is available. As mentioned by @XfinityAnthonyT earlier in this thread:

"
Showtime

• Full Showtime library available for Flex only: March 11-14"

You will be able to access what is currently available from Showtime for Free Movies Week via the Free Movies Week tile in the On Demand section.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

There is no "Free Movies Week" tile in the On Demand section.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Also, Dune does not show up on a search.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

We are unable to access hbo max or Netflix on free movie week. Zip 37122

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_d4e82a​ 

Thank you for posting your question related to Free Movies Week here in the Xfinity Forum. Please remember that all Netflix and HBO Max content that is available for Free Movies Week is only accessible through the Free Movies Week menu. You will not be able to navigate directly to those channels or apps and receive full access. We apologize in advance for any confusion this has caused. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Can't get free movie week Tn

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_d4e82a​ 

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. We had an issue yesterday that was creating an error when customers said "Free Movies Week" into their Xfinity voice remote. Can you please try again and if you still have issues, are you able to access the Free Movies Week tile via the On Demand menu. As mentioned by @XfinityBrandon earlier in the thread, "if you click the "Xfinity" button on your remote, you should be able to click the down arrow to access the Free Movies Week On Demand tile where all the Free Movies Week content is available." Does this work for you?

Please let us know if you continue to experience issues. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

No, there is no "free movie week" button

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_761d5b 

I apologize for the confusion. When attempting to access Free Movie Week content are you doing so on X1, Flex or via Xfinity Stream? Can you also provide what type of remote you have (a list of remotes found here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/remote-controls)? 

If you have an Xfinity voice remote, have you tried saying "Free Movies Week"?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I can’t find Dune in the free movie week folder

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I also do not see Dune after it was advertised as one of the featured free movies. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Free Movie Week is not working. When I go to one of the participating channels, it says I need to subscribe.  That is not free.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Free Movie Week

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

... When I go to one of the participating channels, it says I need to subscribe. ...

Typically free premium content is not available on the regular numbered channels. It's available On Demand and using the Streaming app and portal and the Flex device.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

So the channels are not free? Just some movies from those channels? Is that correct?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

For X1, just click on one of the banner ads for the free week. That leads to all the links. It's mix of movies and some TV shows I think.

Official Employee

• 

644 Messages

That is correct, you would go to the On Demand feature and here you will find the amazing free content. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

2 years ago

@user_694a03, @user_62673e, & @user_f7f861 

Thank you for posting your questions related to Dune availability during Free Movies Week. We sincerely apologize for the confusion, but the movie Dune is available free during Free Movies Week starting 03/10/2022.

Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Not able to access free movies. Can someone fix the problem?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Hbo free movie week

Problem Solver

• 

672 Messages

@user_3687af Thank you for reaching out concerning the Free Movies Week special. How are you searching the free movies? Is there a specific title you tried to watch? Are you receiving an error code or message? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Why is not HBO MAX original programs like Titans, Peacemaker, Doom Patrol and Flight Attendant available during the free week?  Will they ever be available during a free TV week?  Thank you!

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_1adfc8​ 

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. When attempting to access HBO Max original programs are you doing so through the Free Movies Week On Demand tile? This is the only way to gain access to any of the Free Movies Week content. Also, please keep in mind that only select HBO Max titles are available during Free Movies Week. 

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Have HBO MAX original programs been free during previous free tv weeks?  My experience is that the answer is no.  I have checked the Titans and Doom Patrol during the last several free tv weeks and they were not free.

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

@user_1adfc8 

Thank you for your question here in the Xfinity Forum. During past events, like with this one, we pass along any content made available to use from the content provider. Please know that during this year's Free Movie Week only select content from HBO Max will be available. 

HBO MAX original programs like Titans, Peacemaker, Doom Patrol and Flight Attendant available during the free week?

During Free Movie Week we worked with content providers to make as many movies available to our customers as possible. We have other events like this throughout the year where other movies and television shows will be made available for free. Unfortunately, we do not have information about what will be available during those events but we will be sure to share that here in our Xfinity Forum once they happen. I think Watchathon usually happens in the next few months so keep an eye out for that.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I’m an xfinity flex customer, I’m currently in the Free Movies Week tile and only some of the movies are accessible. I understand there are different availability dates within this promotion window for the Starz titles, but is there a similar available date structure for HBO and Epix? None of the HBO or Epix titles I’ve tried to watch have worked. Thank you for your help

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_2e2334​ 

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your questions about Free Movie Week here. Available On Demand libraries include:

• HBO | HBO Max
    • Full HBO library with select HBO Max titles.
    • Please note that not all content is available from the HBO Max app.
  • EPIX
  • STARZ
  • Showtime
    • Full Showtime library available for Flex only: March 11-14
  • Lifetime Movie Club
  • Pantaya
  • Hallmark Movies Now*

*Note: Hallmark Movies Now, Dekko, Revry and A&E Crime Central are not available on Xfinity Stream.

Is there a specific title you are interested in viewing?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

At first I tried Jurassic Park, The Conjuring The Devil Made Me Do It, and Pacific Rim, both took me to a screen prompting me to subscribe to the service. I tried some more HBO titles at random and the same thing happened. Same with the Epix titles (Jacob’s ladder, the Rift, etc)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_2e2334, I love those movies, I totally get why you went with those lol, solid choices. Are you accessing these titles from the HBO Max app or from the "Free Movies Week" Tile? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityMarcos​ you’ve got good taste Marcos hahaha, I made sure I was trying to access them from the Free Movies Tile

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

Got it! Can you try going to On Demand -> Movie -> Free Movies Week -> HBO | HBO Max -> Free guy -> Play. This is just for troubleshooting purposes of course; did that one happen to work for you?

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

There are only 21 minutes available from the movie the day the earth stood still and then it stops. It wants to subscribe to HBO Max. I thought it was supposed to be a free movie.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@pasaporte1026​ 

We apologize this has happened to you. When the movie stops do you receive an error message, does it just stop, or does it take you back to the Free Movies Week On Demand section?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityJessie​ it just takes me back to the Home Screen.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

When you are attempting to access that title how are you accessing it? Are you going to the Free Movies Week On Demand section and accessing it from there? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityJessie​ I have the exact same iss with “The Day the Earth Stood Still” on HBO. At 21 minutes the movie stops and returns to the movie intro page with the option to “Resum”. Press resume and it start and then immediately suspends again with the same result.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_bw, thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums. Is this issue occurring on multiple devices or with one specific device? Are you accessing the movie through the HBO Max application or through the X1 On Demand section?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Can you get free movie week if you only get internet with Comcast?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Free movie week

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_f5dc73. Thanks for your question about free movie week. This is offered for our family members with TV Boxes, Flex streaming TV Boxes and Xfinity Stream for customers with an Xfinity ID and password.

• Xfinity Internet-only customers can watch Xfinity Free Movies Week programming for free with their Xfinity ID and password via Xfinity Stream. Note that not all the free content will be available.

Do you have any further questions about free movie week? 

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

It's hard to navigate to what I'd really like to see via the Free Movies Week site.  Also, many of the films are a lot older than 2021.  Why not put together just the latest films in one section instead of having us scroll down through hundreds and hundreds of movies?  Also, it's such a tease to have "West Side Story" there and then see that it was the 1961 version after clicking on the icon.  There has to be an easier, better way to find films of interest to me, i.e. no Marvel comics, horror, lame comedies, etc.!

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

I have flex and I'm trying to access free movies on HBO Max and it's requiring a sign in. I live in Washington state is it not available?

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@user_19193f​ I have been trying to watch The Many Saints of Newark for 2 days. It just takes me to the sign In page though. I wish someone from Xfinity would give a clear answer about HBO Max.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

I agree with you. Xfinity should come out with a clear and accurate answer rather than repeat the same information. Too many of us are experiencing this issue. I am a flex customer and any movie I access on hbomax it says free but HBO takes me to their sign in screen. It's not about navigating to the free movie tile I think we all understand how to do that. It is about hbo.max requiring a sign in in Xfinity can get this fixed sooner than later if they desired. Very disappointed in them. Better not to promise then to promise and not deliver. Dissatisfied customer.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@user_19193f​  I now have HBO Max access. No more sign in page.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_19193f​ did you do something different?

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

Thank you for the update @user_19193f! Please let us and the community know what you did to resolve this issue. TIA!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here