ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

74 Messages

10 years ago

And these guys are going to sponsor the former Bucsh/ Nationwide Series? This forum is useless. They don't give a rat hinny what we want. This FoX2 forum is one of the most active. MAVTV is also highly requested. But channels we haven't even heard of are instead added, and of course we pay for. We also pay for software updates that aren't properly tested and we suffer through the bugs and defects. And we pay for it.

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

10 years ago

@SpeedBuggy wrote:
And these guys are going to sponsor the former Bucsh/ Nationwide Series? This forum is useless. They don't give a rat hinny what we want. This FoX2 forum is one of the most active. MAVTV is also highly requested. But channels we haven't even heard of are instead added, and of course we pay for. We also pay for software updates that aren't properly tested and we suffer through the bugs and defects. And we pay for it.

SpeedBuggy, be careful about talking about bugs, defects & Beta problems!!! Uncle Ted will move your post!!!!

Meanwhile, back on the ranch, we take our beatings while these 2 children (Fox & Comcast) play the power game with the customers as "Cannon Fodder"!!! Our ONLY hope is that with the NASCAR sponsorship, Comcast may just be left with no choice but to carry FS2 OR  I'm lead to believe, they just might make a power play with NASCAR to remove Fox as a carrier of the events. It will prove interesting just how they propose to break the Fox Sports contract?????  2015 will prove interesting!!!

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

@Ojr12 wrote:
Ch. 741 is FS2 in florida. Check your 700 suite of channels.

Yes, but as usual it's an SD feed - COMCAST hs zero commitment to HD...

U-Verse for me...

And who came up with the chanel number assigments?  A dyslexic?  Plagiarize U-Verse's outstanding, thoughtful, easy to figure channel numbering system please!

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

When we signed up for Comcast Triple Play, you stated in writing on your website that you would be adding FS2.  You were lying.  We are soccer fans, we will be switching to DirecTV because:

1.  No FS 2

2.  ESPNdesporte, BEin, and ESPN classic are all in low resolution

3.  You don't carry ESPNU at all

We can correct all of these by switching to DirecTV, and save money to boot.

And on top of it all, you don't even provide an email address to voice complaints.  Even DirecTV provides an email address, and in my experience actually answers seriious questions with serious respones.

Adios, Comcast

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

I am outside of Sacramento and lost ESPN U with no warning.  I have no fox sports 2 either even though every other carrier offers both here.  Do you get ESPN U in the Bay Area?

New Poster

• 

167 Messages

10 years ago

Daly City here and I do have ESPN U on 788

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I noticed that FS2 is in the channel lineup for Northern Vermont but, Still can't get it since its "Only avalible in the southern part of the state" 

I think if it's in the channel lineup it should be unlocked for everyone to watch, I mean we pay exhorbant prices for the service why not have it unlocked and avalible?

Don't give me that "Cirtain area" or the "Only avalible to a cirtian kind of cable box and manufacturer" or "Zone" bs either, If it's on the program guide then it can be unlocked and viewed with the current box reguardless of the manufacturer!

If it's unlocked and avalible in the southern part of the state, Unlock it for the whole state!

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

FC Barcelona vs PSG is on FS2 today. Another massive game that I am going to miss. Thank you very much comcast for making my day very miserable. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.7K Messages

9 years ago

I have FS2 (SD) here in Eastern Mass as part of the Digital Preferred package.

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

Has there been any progress with adding this channel to the lineup?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

I have it in Shreveport, Louisiana, didn't know it. Searched by typing '372' (F-S-2) and paging down on the found matches. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

You folks are lucky.  FS2 is still absent from Hartford/Avon lineup.  However, I guess there is hope it will arrive soon.  Thanks for update.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Because Ted completely ignored the question about where to send feedback, I went and found this page where you can send feedback to the Senior VP of Customer Service: http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/vp-contact-form (you may have to copy and paste the address into your browser).

I got a response from an assistant, who did not say much. If enough of us send e-mails, however, they might notice. .

I wanted to watch the Club World Cup, but I can't because most of the games are on FS2. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

McCoy66,

Thanks for the link. I sent some feedback as politly as I could and mentioned my long time patronage of Comcast/Xfinity. I told him the worst part of this deal is some customers receive FS2 but most do not. I also asked that if there was a contract negotiation with FOX Sports that limited FS2's availability please tell us and stop the continual promising that our requests will be honored.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

9 years ago

@mccoy86 wrote:

Because Ted completely ignored the question about where to send feedback, I went and found this page where you can send feedback to the Senior VP of Customer Service: http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/vp-contact-form (you may have to copy and paste the address into your browser).

I got a response from an assistant, who did not say much. If enough of us send e-mails, however, they might notice. .

I wanted to watch the Club World Cup, but I can't because most of the games are on FS2. 

Ya, I did that, six months ago, and got a phone call from the guy.  The gist of the conversation was "don't hold your breath".

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here