ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

Mann save your sympathy we are asking for FS2 for YEARS now and you guys totally ignore your customers whishes. Sad story I'll seriously thinking Direct TV

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

6 years ago

Hi, x__man. I understand it has been a request in some areas for a long while. We do hear you, we do appreciate your feedback and I will be sure to pass it along. I do also recommend filling out the feedback form in the link that ComcastAlly provided, as we do examine our channel lineups often. Some content that is shown on FOX Sports 2 can also be found here: https://www.foxsportsgo.com/. I know it's not the same, but it is an option.

For any continued support/discussion on this topic that hasn't yet been addressed, please create a new thread. Thank you.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Hi,

Why does Xfinity not have FS2 in the Seattle area? Most of the US Women's World Cup Qualifying games are on that channel and it won't even allow me to stream FS2!!! Please add immediately! I fear that all of the Women's World Cup will be on this channel too.  

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I am sick and tired of hearing the Bay Area is going to get FS2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What the heck do I pay almost $300 a  month for???????  Get this freaking channel added!!!

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I agree.  Example, this coming weekend the final IMSA race of the year is starting on FS1 and then moving to FS2.  I won't be home to watch live so I'll miss it due to the fact that Comcast does not offer FS2 in the Chicago area.  There is a short broadcast of some portion of the race on Sunday AM on FS1, but not the same.  I am glad IMSA is moving to NBCSN next year and hopefully these split channel races will come to an end.  But the real cure is for Comcast to offer FS2 in the Chicago area.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Not available in Arkansas either - we wil miss the entire Sat practising and qualifing for the Xfinity series!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ----Not happy at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

6 years ago

@ShadowLAP,

I assume you get FS1, but like most of us, not FS2.  I've been writing and talking to Comcast for several years now (go back ot the first few pages of this thread; now the longest in terms of volume and in terms of time span) and am just as P.O.'d at Comcast as anyone, yet I still pay almost $300.00/mo. for maybe five channels that I actually watch.  The rest, meh.  I do want a robust and fast internet service, and Comcast has the best, so it's "Please sir, may I have another" every month.

Regarding the Petite LeMans race this weekend; you'll be happy to know that FOX sports Go will carry the entire race, including the part that gets shuffled off to FS2, when they want to show a tractor pull on FS1.  Even if you don't have FS2, you can still watch the race in it's entirety.  

Most of the racing I watch now is through streaming packages and YouTube.  If you have a smart TV or FireStick or Apple TV, you can watch it on your big screen, just as you would if you got FS2.

Not much else to say, except to start looking at streaming packages that are offered by different race series.  Bathurst 1000 was a great race which I watched without commercial breaks from start to finish.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

6 years ago

Hello All,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Fox Sports 2. We regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content that our customers want the most. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking time to reach out to us. 

I'd also like to add to @markdartj's comment about streaming. Fox Sports 2 is one that can be streamed. Check out this list of  Available Networks to Live Stream In and Out of Home with Xfinity TV here. 

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

It is my understanding that you can live stream the network if it is included in your Xfinity package and FS2 is not offered in the Chicago area.  It does not do me any good.  Unless I am missing something. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

6 years ago

@ShadowLAP wrote:

As pointed out above, looks like I can live stream it on FOX Sports Go or Facebook or possibly IMSA will rebroadcast Petite Le Mans at some point.   That is good to know.  But the best customer service would be for FS1 and FS2 to offered in the Chicago area so that I could simply DVR the entire race and watch it when I have the time.   Knowing that these events are split between networks and only offering some customer the benefit of having both channels is an extremely bad business practice on Comasts part.  Solution: Add FS2 to Chicago channel lineup.

Understood. Your feedback and passion have been noted and shared with the right teams. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

6 years ago

@ShadowLAP wrote:

It is my understanding that you can live stream the network if it is included in your Xfinity package and FS2 is not offered in the Chicago area.  It does not do me any good.  Unless I am missing something. 

Your understanding  is correct, apologies for any confusion that we may have caused. 

The current contract terms with Fox only allow online access to Fox Sports 2 for customers who have that channel (Fox Sports 2) in their level of service. 

That is how most all cable networks operate and this situation is fairly standard across all video providers.

Below from the Fox Sports Go site: https://www.foxsports.com/fsgo-faq?nav=false

*You need to receive these channels in your TV channel line-up in order to watch them in FOX Sports GO. Some channels may not yet be available for every TV provider or on every platform.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

As pointed out above, looks like I can live stream it on FOX Sports Go or Facebook or possibly IMSA will rebroadcast Petite Le Mans at some point.   That is good to know.  But the best customer service would be for FS1 and FS2 to offered in the Chicago area so that I could simply DVR the entire race and watch it when I have the time.   Knowing that these events are split between networks and only offering some customer the benefit of having both channels is an extremely bad business practice on Comasts part.  Solution: Add FS2 to Chicago channel lineup.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

6 years ago

Just to clear up any confusion, IMSA announced last week that we will be able to see the entire race (Petite Le Mans) streamed on Fox Sports Go, regardless of whether or not we are provided FS2 by Comcast. This is an exception to the normal situation where .unless you currently have FS2, you cannot stream programming on Fox Sports Go that is carried on FS2 .

https://sportscarchampionship.imsa.com/news/092018/dont-get-fs2-you-can-still-watch

IMSA is throwing us a bone after years of FOX and Comcast not really caring whether or not we receive the channels we disire.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Really need to get Fox Sports 2 in the Knoxville area for the love of me I can't understand why we can get Fox Sports 1 but not 2 that makes no sense! Been asking for years but nothing. Couldn't post in main thread for FS2

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hey Comcast when will you be adding Fox sports 2 to the new Jersey area. This is bull!!! With all the nonsense channels you offer why not offer one more channel that covers action sports. Couldn't even stream on Fox sports app bc it was blocked even though I signed in with my Xfinity account. So hey Xfinity what can we do to get this channel added to the lineup???????
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here