ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Nette78 wrote:
Will this be offered in California anytime soon??

Additional areas are expected to be announced soon. I will update that information in the Solved Post as we get that confirmation. Thanks for your patience.

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

7 years ago

so... no California/San Francisco?

thanks

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

7 years ago

@lt62 wrote:

so... no California/San Francisco?

thanks

Additional areas are expected to be announced soon. I will update that information in the Solved Post as we get that confirmation. Thanks for your patience.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

So it still won't be available in Chicago?!? Nice work. Smh

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

So here's the thing.  If FS2 is getting added to some areas, it must mean that Fox and Comcast have finally agreed over broadcast rights, etc.  So why can't Comcast simply come out and say that FS2, possibly the most demanded channel, will be generally available in all areas on a specific date, and why only in SD?  It could easily replace one of the shopping networks, which could move to SD.  The constant blase attitude of the support personnel to customer requests, and the limited distribution of information just doesn't present Comcast as a true customer-oriented organization.  Maybe the government needs to make it illegal for cable companies to have regional jurisdictions (monopolies).  A bit of direct competition would be good for everyone.  I won't go to satellite, having seen the quality during bad weather, so I am stuck with this or something like Sling TV.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Not only that comcast is the one that has the contract for the Looney Toons Bugs Bunny Cartoon network3. They won't show Bugs Bunny just other stupid stuff. That is not funny at all. I'm forced to use comcast too becaus of bussiness.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

You are not serious with your reply, right?  Or you are being truly patronizing.  This thread alone over 4 years shows how  many folks have filled out the ridiculous form to absolutely no avail.  Com cast has not added any new HD channels in over years.  I have UVERSETV to supplemention decent sports coverage.  To not even carry the channel in HD that covers your Nascar races is stupid and demeaning.  Worst customer service of any company ever.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Viking954 wrote:

You are not serious with your reply, right?  Or you are being truly patronizing.  This thread alone over 4 years shows how  many folks have filled out the ridiculous form to absolutely no avail.  Com cast has not added any new HD channels in over years.  I have UVERSETV to supplemention decent sports coverage.  To not even carry the channel in HD that covers your Nascar races is stupid and demeaning.  Worst customer service of any company ever.

I am showing that Fox Sports 2 is available in your area on channel 741 and in HD on channel 1209 as part of the current level of service that you already have. Enjoy. 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

When is the updated list for availibilty for Fox Sports 2 coming out?  We have been told since October there is going to be a updated list !  I have the feeling Comcast is going to disappoint a lot of customers once again.

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

7 years ago

I am looking to cancel Comcast as well.  Tired of them never updating content and staying fresh.   It only seems we ever loss channels.  

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Just to let Xfinity and the others know. I just dumped my Cable TV service in favor of a streaming service. One of my reasons and requirements was for Fox Sport 2 and BEIN HD. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Any plans to add fs2 to the new jersey area?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

7 years ago

@andyandy wrote:

Just to let Xfinity and the others know. I just dumped my Cable TV service in favor of a streaming service. One of my reasons and requirements was for Fox Sport 2 and BEIN HD. 

As mentioned on the previous page, Fox Sports 2 is scheduled to be added in your area this week. Unfortunately, not in HD. 

This was also announced on your cable invoice dated 11/16/17. 

New Channel: On December 19, 2017, FS2 will be added to Digital Preferred chs 737/1209. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

What is even the point to add non HD channels nowadays??? Ridiculous.

How about for the Denver area??

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

7 years ago

@musiclover303 wrote:
What is even the point to add non HD channels nowadays??? Ridiculous.

How about for the Denver area??

Found the below on your cable invoice dated 10/3/17

On December 19, 2017, FS2 will be added to channels 409 & 1209 in the Digital Preferred and above tiers

As posted earlier:

UPDATED WITH ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS 10/19/17

All - thanks for your continued patience here. 

We do have plans to add Fox Sports 2 to additional areas this year.

On 12/19/17, I can confirm that we plan to add Fox Sports 2 to all most all of the channel lineups in the states/areas listed below:

Alabama (Huntsville/Tuscaloosa/Gadsden) 
Colorado

Delaware (southern two counties)
District of Columbia
Florida (Keys area)
Georgia (Atlanta area)
Indiana 
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts (Boston area)
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
New Hampshire 
New Mexico

Oregon
South Carolina
Tennessee (Chattanooga area) 
Virginia 

Washington (Vancouver area)

In most areas, affected customers will be notified of the specific channel number and level of service via messages on their monthly statements.

Additional areas are expected to be announced soon.

This channel is not expected to be offered in HD at this time.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here