ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Same here I am somewhat baffled that we only have FS1

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I want FS2. I'm going to miss UFC fight night prelims now!

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

So glad Comcast carries it here. Either way, I'm using the Fox Sports app on my Apple TV.

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

7 years ago

It baffles me I pay over 200 bucks a month and comcast can't bother themselves with  Fox Sports 2 even though they profit billions every year.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

@Jennadavies6219 wrote:
I want FS2. I'm going to miss UFC fight night prelims now!

Same here. Not only the prelims but the start of the main card as well. Just so they can play a boring baseball game that isnt even a local team.

I think Im going to DirectTV NOW as soon as my contract is up. They offer all the channels I want for 25 bucks. I'm tried of paying a ton every month for a bunch of channels I never watch. Get with the program Comcast. Why you wouldn't have FS2 in the central valley california is a darn shame.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I'm just keeping Comcast internet and dropping Comcast cable tv. Direct tv has Fox Sports 2 so yeah I'm finally getting what I've/ We've waited for for years to get Any followers let's do this. Maybe one day Comcast will wake up and get Fox Sports 2 added to their list.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

7 years ago

@mikey88 wrote:
I'm just keeping Comcast internet and dropping Comcast cable tv. Direct tv has Fox Sports 2 so yeah I'm finally getting what I've/ We've waited for for years to get Any followers let's do this. Maybe one day Comcast will wake up and get Fox Sports 2 added to their list.

Just curious....how much more are you paying for internet now that you are dropping TV (and phone too?)  It's my understanding that Comcast raises the internet price when you eliminate the others.  Will the combined Comcast Internet/Direct TV cost be less than you are paying Comcast now?  I'm seriously interested, because in addition to Comcast not carrying FS2 or MavTV, I'm now faced with "going over the data usage limit" which I didn't know I even had, despite the fact that I haven't changed my data usage habits in the last few years.  Of course, Comcast now says "for an additional $50.00 a month", they can make this go away.  I already pay too much to Comcast, and am looking for alternatives, despite the fact that we can't get satellite service in our building.  (You don't have to tell me actuall numbers, I just want to know if you'll save money going your route).  Thanks.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Can you please tell me when we will receive FS2? We pay good money for our programming and should be able to atleast have access to all channels. If you don't want to televise it that is fine but we should be able go to Fox to Go and stream it on an ipad or android unit.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Moonie1023 wrote:

Can you please tell me when we will receive FS2? We pay good money for our programming and should be able to atleast have access to all channels. If you don't want to televise it that is fine but we should be able go to Fox to Go and stream it on an ipad or android unit.

Just wanted to recap, consolidate and summarize the current situation with Fox Sports 2 that some may find helpful.

Below is not new information and most all has been posted previously in earlier posts;

We certainly realize that anything short of a post that says "Comcast is adding Fox Sports 2 in all areas on this date and your monthly cable bill won't go up" will not be a satisfactory answer for most.

We don't have any announcements to make regarding additional locations for the addition of Fox Sports 2 at this time. We also don't have an expected date for an announcement for the Fox Sports 2 in additional Comcast areas. I'm not currently aware of any decisions to remove or add Fox Sports 2 in any locations. Any potential channel additions or deletions would be communicated ahead of time according to any FCC and local franchise requirements.

We don’t currently have an agreement to add Fox Sports 2 to any Sports Package, as much as we might want to.

Comcast does offer Fox Sports 2 in some markets based on some existing contractual obligations. 

Our content and programming teams are in regular contact with Fox on many topics, including possible additional distribution for Fox Sports 2. The conversations are ongoing. A contract and agreement to terms is required before we can offer any channel to our customers.  These need to be terms that make sense for both parties and for our customers.    

All channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast.

Our programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations.

As with any network contract, we want to come to an agreement that offers the best terms for our customers and our company that keeps both our costs and our customer's monthly costs to a minimum. Any possible addition of any new network would also most likely incur additional costs to Comcast that would be passed along to our customers. As mentioned above, those additional costs are one of the factors in considering adding any new network.

Generally, new networks want to be added to a very widely distributed level of service for the potential of the most eyeballs (ratings) and advertising revenue. That means that the costs would be spread across all of the customers that have that channel in their level of service, not just to those who want to pay individually for that specific service or via a separate Sports Package.

Of course, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations. The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along  collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams. This forum is not the sole source of customer input.

ONLINE ACCESS

The current contract terms with Fox only allow online access to Fox Sports 2 for customers who have that channel (Fox Sports 2) in their level of service. 

That is how most all cable networks operate and this situation is standard across all video providers.

Below from the Fox Sports Go site:  http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

Live streams of all the FOX Sports Networks are available at no additional cost to fans who receive FOX Sports as part of their TV subscription through participating TV providers. If you get FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, and FOX sports regional channels at home, you've got access!

Apologies that Fox has chosen to put some of their high profile events on one of their least distributed cable channels.

It takes two parties to negotiate and come to an equitable agreement for carriage of any cable network.

Generally in addition to per subscriber fees, there are additional capital costs incurred (equipment and such) as well as any opportunity costs (what else could we use that bandwidth for).  This is no different than most other businesses.  

I hope that the above helps to explain some of the ”whys”.

Unfortunately, it’s not always as easy as saying, “hey, some of our customers want this this, let’s put it on and pay whatever the costs are and pass those costs along to all of our customers”.  If and when we have additional news to announce, we will certainly do so here and in other places.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

please add this channel to the Digital Starter package in the Northeast.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

well, with the announcement that Fox has lost their coverage of European soccer you can kiss FS2 goodbye.  Personally I am happy that Fox is losing the contract as ALexi Lalas and Eric Wynalda et al are terrible, but that is nto going thruogh until 2018. But iut also means that FS2 is nevef going to be in the lineup.  Now the questions we need to start to ask are, will we have access to all of the channels that TNT is planning on using for the European soccer tournaments??????

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

I received notification that this was a "solution" to the problem.  Since we still do not have FS2, this problem remains unsolved and will continue until we have FS2!

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

7 years ago

LOL!  Shows up in my mailbox as a "solution".  Coming up on 4 years since Comcast promised FS1 & FS2 when SPEED went away.  Guess they don't want to rush into anything.

So glad I got rid of them and have Wave Broadband now.  I enjoy both FS1 & FS2 in HD anytime and my bill is cheaper.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

7 years ago

Comcast, I would like to know when the channel line up will change? Comcast, you have fed us the same line for four going on five years. Comcast, you are forcing us to watch the same channels year after year.
Wonder why people are cutting the cord, Comcast? More channels, less money and more entertainment. Give us a break, I wish I could believe you.
Comcast, you need to compromise with Fox so you lose fewer customers through chum and churn. Let us know when you have a real solution, Comcast. We are tired of smoke and mirrors. The reasons you give are absolutely unbelievable. Americans are a gullible lot. Some of us have woke up, and we are not going to take it anymore.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

7 years ago

I can't believe they have the (spheres) to claim that this is "solved".  Won't be solved until they offer FS2.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here