ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Need the channel Fox Sports 2 (FS2). This is where you watch the FIA - WEC auto racing series. How can we get this in the 19805 (etc.) area ? Wilm., De. area ?

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Can you find out when Fox Sport 2 will be in the 32301 area please?

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

8 years ago

Welcome to the Real World, Neo.

We have been here for the past three or four years asking Comcast the same thing. Still in negotiations, and we are still waiting. Comcast Ted told us once if we don't like it, leave. Ok, we are chum and churn to Comcast. Say the magic word and we will lower your rate.
As long as we keep paying our bills, why should they change? It's just business. They have a monopoly and they know we are hooked.
Let me also say that there is a change in the wind. There is some competition on the way. Then, they will be ready when enough customers change to some other provider. Hang in there!

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

8 years ago

If you are a Comcast customer, probably never!  They keep blaming each other and pointing fingers to the other claiming they are the hold up.  But this is a question sports fans have asked for years!  I have stopped watching some auto races because they will air the 1st half on FS1 and send viewers to FS2 to see the rest!  Isn't that awful??

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

8 years ago

@CBeck34 wrote:

go to http://www.foxsports.com/watch/fs1 and follow the links to get "FOX SPORTS GO" you can watch FS2 on your computer or mobile for free

As far as I know, you have to have FS2 in your television package in order to watch FS2 programming on Fox Sports Go.  As a three year veteran of this fight, I, and most of us who have been on this thread since the beginning have already tried the FSgo workaround.  I'm sure COMCAST TEDS or whoever will chime in and confirm this.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

8 years ago

@markdartj wrote:

@CBeck34 wrote:

go to http://www.foxsports.com/watch/fs1 and follow the links to get "FOX SPORTS GO" you can watch FS2 on your computer or mobile for free

As far as I know, you have to have FS2 in your television package in order to watch FS2 programming on Fox Sports Go.  As a three year veteran of this fight, I, and most of us who have been on this thread since the beginning have already tried the FSgo workaround.  I'm sure COMCAST TEDS or whoever will chime in and confirm this.

You have it correct. 

The current contract terms with Fox only allow online access to Fox Sports 2 for customers who have that channel (Fox Sports 2) in their level of service.

That is how most all cable networks operate and this situation is fairly standard across all video providers.

Below from the Fox Sports Go site: http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

Live streams of all the FOX Sports Networks are available at no additional cost to fans who receive FOX Sports as part of their TV subscription through participating TV providers. If you get FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, and FOX sports regional channels at home, you've got access!

Regular Contributor

• 

90 Messages

8 years ago

That's exactly what I did. I left and now can enjoy FS2 and BeIN sports in HD...plus about 40 other HD sports channels. Comcast is a joke.

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

8 years ago

Some will remember back in the 60s and 70s when the phone and TV companies were trying to get "Right of Way" rights and to force Phone companies to allow cable to use their Right of Way rights - or something like that, the cable companies said TV would be almost "Free" because the advertisers would pay the bill.  That didn't last long when they figured out they could charge the customers for everything.   Of course that was probably the plan from the beginning!  Now, for a mid range TV package without any premium channels except Encore, HD, internet and phone service and the bill is over $200!  That's a friggen car payment.  I am very close to cutting the cable and doing without.  Of course I'll probably want Internet... can't hardly do without it.  

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

When will Comcast/Xfinity be adding FS2 to the channel lineup? It looks like Dish and Direct TV both carry this channel, but not Comcast. Pretty much the only reason I have cable is to watch sports and my favorite sport to watch is MMA which is often shown on FS2 and no where else. I understand the same is true with NASCAR. It's very frustrating for sports fans to miss all this programming despite paying large TV premiums especially when other providers carry this. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Adding my voice: I'm a Bundesliga fan and Fox shows more games on FS1 than 2. Add FS2 to the Richmond, VA market ASAP please!!! Verizon FiOS has it in town already. So...I have options. Add or I will switch.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

8 years ago

@Cshapa wrote:
Adding my voice: I'm a Bundesliga fan and Fox shows more games on FS1 than 2. Add FS2 to the Richmond, VA market ASAP please!!! Verizon FiOS has it in town already. So...I have options. Add or I will switch.

Might as well switch.  Comcast really doesn't give a toss about the loss of one account.  People have been threatening to do this since FS2 came into being (me among them).  I've found workarounds so I can watch whatever I want (three letters: VPN).  Right now I'm watching the Petit Le Mans, with Radio LeMans commentary, and no commercial breaks.  Good luck.

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

8 years ago

You have Fios in your area!!! Whats holding you back, SWITCH!!! I WISH I had it in my area!!!!

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

8 years ago

Comcast hasn't added channels for a long time and it appears what we have it all we'll ever have.

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

8 years ago

Greed. Like many I have been waiting on this channel for years. Greed has killed cable and people are becoming sick of it. There is a whole generation that think I'm nuts for how much I pay for cable while they find work-a-rounds to get the same content.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

That's not true, I can't watch FS2 on "foxsportsgo" since it's not part of my home subscription because comcast doesn't have it in my area...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here