ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

308 Messages

6 years ago

I saw where in Massachusetts, they received Fox Sports 2 in HD in the Boston area.

Are there any plans to launch the HD feed in additional markets at this time? It appears other areas that just got the channel only got it in SD, and that the HD feed wasn't added in the areas that already had the channel.

Considering the groundswell of discussion that has occurred about this channel for years, I would think many customers would be very happy to finally have this in HD.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Derekmc wrote:
I have triple play x1 platform . Included all movie channels all sports network s fs1 is fine but no fs2 even though guide shows it and lists program s????

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above.

I am seeing that Fox Sports 2 is available in your area on channel 177 and in HD on channel 843 as part of the Digital Preferred level of service (it should be available to you).

Are you still having this issue? Are you seeing a black screen, blue screen, or an error message or were you not able to tune to this channel at all (does the box skip over that channel)? Is this happening on all your cable boxes or just one? Which one(s)? 

Thanks for any additional details that you are able to provide.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I hear that Fox Sports 2 is coming to the Seattle area this month.  Do you have any information on this?

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

6 years ago

Where is FS2 on Comcast/Xfinity in the San Francisco Bay Area?? You guys promised 

Tired to wait any longer, thinking now to switch to Direct TV

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I give up on this forum and Comcast.  No FS2 and the NASCAR season is starting.  Just a lot of hot air, no results!!!!! 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Very surprised, Comcast the largest Cable MSO, doesn't have a National Fox sports channel on their lineup. AT&T and their Cable competitior Time Warner/Charter does!! Watched it for years and I move get Comcast and lose it?

Its not a technical issue its money they make a deal with programmers to carry their channels for a certain price per subscriber. Obviously Comcast wanted to pay less and chose to drop FS2 in return.

Now if Comcast has added it to the lineup where and when, please list the systems and channels please? How about Lake Wales, FL?

People have this thread running for years but more people need to call customer service and tell them your going to disconnect. Tell them why no FS2 and see what they do. They will not add it but many of these calls will have the only chance of it getting added. Otherwise all the posts here will not do a thing. Upper management must belive or know they are and will lose subs. Cable and Satellite is very concerned with losing subs, especially these days. I will check when I move and if Comcast doesn't have FS2, I'll get AT&T.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

6 years ago

wrote:

Very surprised, Comcast the largest Cable MSO, doesn't have a National Fox sports channel on their lineup. AT&T and their Cable competitior Time Warner/Charter does!! Watched it for years and I move get Comcast and lose it?

Its not a technical issue its money they make a deal with programmers to carry their channels for a certain price per subscriber. Obviously Comcast wanted to pay less and chose to drop FS2 in return.

Now if Comcast has added it to the lineup where and when, please list the systems and channels please? How about Lake Wales, FL?

People have this thread running for years but more people need to call customer service and tell them your going to disconnect. Tell them why no FS2 and see what they do. They will not add it but many of these calls will have the only chance of it getting added. Otherwise all the posts here will not do a thing. Upper management must belive or know they are and will lose subs. Cable and Satellite is very concerned with losing subs, especially these days. I will check when I move and if Comcast doesn't have FS2, I'll get AT&T.

Comcast recently added Fox Sports 2 (December 2017) to most all of the channel lineups in the states/areas listed below:

Alabama (Huntsville/Tuscaloosa/Gadsden)
Colorado
Delaware (southern two counties)
District of Columbia
Florida (Keys area)
Georgia (Atlanta area)
Indiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts (Boston area)
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
New Hampshire
New Mexico
Oregon
South Carolina
Tennessee (Chattanooga area)
Virginia
Washington (Vancouver area)

In most areas where the channel has been added, affected customers have been notified of the specific channel number and level of service via messages on their monthly statements.

In most areas, this channel is not expected to be offered in HD at this time.

Fox Sports 2 is not currently scheduled to be added to Lake Wales, FL area at this time. Thanks for your patience. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

I live in PG County, MD and was told we would get FS2; however, we don’t have it.  It is not in the channel lineup on the bill although it is listed in the TV guide.  The NASCAR season will soon start and I am extremely unhappy about the situation.  When can we expect this promised channel???

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

wrote:

I live in PG County, MD and was told we would get FS2; however, we don’t have it.  It is not in the channel lineup on the bill although it is listed in the TV guide.  The NASCAR season will soon start and I am extremely unhappy about the situation.  When can we expect this promised channel???

The issue for you is that FS2 is in Digital Preferred tier, you would need to upgrade your package and equipment to receive FS2 Ch737

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

6 years ago

wrote:

I hear that Fox Sports 2 is coming to the Seattle area this month.  Do you have any information on this?

Apologies. I checked directly with our team that handles programming and channels for this area and unfortunately, we don't have any current plans to add Fox Sports 2 in Seattle in the near term.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

6 years ago

wrote:

wrote:

Apologies. I checked directly with our team that handles programming and channels for this area and unfortunately, we don't have any current plans to add Fox Sports 2 in Seattle in the near term.

WHY NOT?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

6 years ago

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

WHY NOT?

Apologies. I think you know the answer (generally costs per subscriber per month are usually the main driver around these conversations with programmers and the concern we have around passing those incremental costs along to our customers), but I will re-post the below for others: 

Just wanted to recap, consolidate and summarize the current situation with Fox Sports 2 that some may find helpful.

Below is not new information and most all has been posted previously in earlier posts. 

I'm not currently aware of any decisions to remove or add Fox Sports 2 in any additional locations at this time. Any potential channel additions or deletions would be communicated ahead of time according to any FCC and local franchise requirements.

Comcast does offer Fox Sports 2 in many markets based on existing and new contracts. Additional areas may be announced later. 

Our content and programming teams are in regular contact with Fox on many topics, including possible additional distribution for Fox Sports 2. The conversations are ongoing. 

All channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast.

Our programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations.

As with any network contract, we want to come to an agreement that offers the best terms for our customers and our company that keeps both our costs and our customer's monthly costs to a minimum. Any possible addition of any new network would also most likely incur additional costs to Comcast that would be passed along to our customers. As mentioned above, those additional costs are one of the factors in considering adding any new network.

Generally, new networks want to be added to a very widely distributed level of service for the potential of the most eyeballs (ratings) and advertising revenue. That means that the costs would be spread across all of the customers that have that channel in their level of service, not just to those who want to pay individually for that specific service or via a separate Sports Package.

Of course, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations. The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along  collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams. This forum is not the sole source of customer input.

As you have seen, we have added Fox Sports 2 to quite a number of areas at the end of 2017. 

ONLINE ACCESS

The current contract terms with Fox only allow online access to Fox Sports 2 for customers who have that channel (Fox Sports 2) in their level of service. 

That is how most all cable networks operate and this situation is standard across all video providers.

Below from the Fox Sports Go site:  http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

Live streams of all the FOX Sports Networks are available at no additional cost to fans who receive FOX Sports as part of their TV subscription through participating TV providers. If you get FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, and FOX sports regional channels at home, you've got access!

Generally in addition to per subscriber fees, there are additional capital costs incurred (equipment and such) as well as any opportunity costs (what else could we use that bandwidth for).  This is no different than most other businesses.  

I hope that the above helps to explain some of the ”whys”.

Unfortunately, it is not always as easy as saying, “hey, some of our customers want this this, lets put it on and pay whatever the costs are and pass those costs along to all of our customers”.  If and when we have additional news to announce, we will certainly do so here and in other places.

Thanks for your continued patience.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

6 years ago

Recently FS2 (Fox Sports 2) was added in Denver/Boulder in Colorado TV lineup on Channel 409.

This unfortunately is offered ONLY in regular (lousy and poor) resolution and is NOT offered in HD.

Please help and let us know when (if) will the HD channel be offered?

Thank you.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I see that FS2 is now available in New Hampshire, I see that it is channel 923, any reason why I don't have access to it when I have the sports package?

Thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

6 years ago

@kpreston21 wrote:

I see that FS2 is now available in New Hampshire, I see that it is channel 923, any reason why I don't have access to it when I have the sports package?

Thanks.

Fox Sports 2 is available in your area as a part of the Digital Preferred package. Your current level of service is listed as Digital Starter. 

Unfortunately, Fox Sports 2 is not included as part of the Sports and Entertainment package in any area (and likely not from any video provider that way).   

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here