ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

7 years ago

News Corp launched Fox Sports 1 & 2 on August 17, 2013 ... as replacements for SpeedTV and FuelTV ... Comcast announces they'll sponsor the # 2 series of NASCAR on September 3, 2014 ... to be known as the NASCAR Xfinity Series ... beginning with the 2015 season ... News Corp dumps some of their NASCAR coverage (including the Comcast sponsored Xfinity Series) to Fox Sports 2 during the 2015 season ... Comcast (aka NBC / NBC Sports) announced they're going to be an official TV provider for NASCAR on July 23, 2013 for nine years ... beginning with the 2015 season & running through the 2024 season ... covering the Cup & Xfinity Series ... at a price of 50% more than what ESPN & TNT combined had paid for the 2007-2015 contract ... Though, some coverage was switched to FS1 when NBC / CNBC / MSNBC / NBCSN had scheduling conflicts ... It's obvious that TPTB at Comcast like NASCAR & auto racing in general as NBCSN also carries F1 / IndyCar / ARCA / NKNPS / etc ... The problem is the egos of TPTB won't allow them to carry FS2 (because said ego thinks "Well, they have FS1 & NBCSN and that should be enough to satisfy them") ... It's been 3 1/2 years since Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 were launched ... The NASCAR Xfinity Series title sponsorship contract starts it's 3rd season in less than 2 weeks ... C'mon, Comcast! WE are paying out the nose for you to sponsor the NASCAR Xfinity Series as well as be a TV partner of NASCAR ... STOP being so selfish / greedy and give us Fox Sports 2 (especially since you've pulled the plug on carrying the Fox College Networks and other channels) !!!!!

Contributor

• 

72 Messages

7 years ago

Fox college sports channels have been back on service. It would be great if we can get FS2 now.

Contributor

• 

72 Messages

7 years ago

Went back and checked fox college sports no longer work on tv, but the guide is still displayed and channels are still listed on the guide. They were back on tv few days ago. They are streaming these channels on xfinity tv mobile app and on PC.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

7 years ago

This was the response that I got from the "ComcastCares" Twitter account on 2/12/17 ...

"I do apologize for the inconvenience and we do appreciate your feedback. I will pass along your request. ~RD"

Unfortunately, this has been the EXACT SAME response that I've gotten everytime I've asked / complained about NOT having Fox Sports 2 since August of 2013 ...

The saddest part is that there's still a place on Foxsports.com and NASCAR.com to where you can send a request to your TV provider to ask them to carry it ... 3 1/2 yrs after the channel was launched ... 

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

7 years ago

Yep, You are getting the standard comcast reply;  they say they cannot carry FS2 and blame it on someone else.  I fear they have worn us down.  After 4 years of asking and getting the same reply our numbers are slowly  reducing.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

7 years ago

Guess what I read today?  YouTube is launching a TV streaming service, much like Hulu.  What's notable is that FS2 is included. $35.00 a month!  An alternative to Direct TV, Dish, and Xfinity.  

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Good luck with that. Now they aren't showing sprint cup qualifying either and if it is like it is were I LIVE IN nj NO ONE ELSE WILL  install anything in my area that competes with comcast. So like me you are probrably stuck.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

@franks3591 wrote:

Good luck with that. Now they aren't showing sprint cup qualifying either and if it is like it is were I LIVE IN nj NO ONE ELSE WILL  install anything in my area that competes with comcast. So like me you are probrably stuck.

A practice that was supposed to air on FS1 yesterday was also switched to FS2. This is an ongoing urination contest between Fox and Comcast.  Considering that Fox wants as many people viewing its channels as possible, I'd say that the skunk at the garden party is Comcast.  Yeah, they really care, all right.  NOT.

Contributor

• 

348 Messages

7 years ago

@franks3591 wrote:

I'm in N.J., too -- know how you feel.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

The crazy and sad part about this is that Comcast (Xfinity) is paying "X" number of MILLIONS of dollars to SPONSOR an entire Nascar racing series......and yet they can't give their customers FS2, so their paying customers can WATCH all of that racing series.  I distinctly remember last year when an Xfinity series race had gotten rain delayed and Fox switched the Xfinity race broadcast from FS1 to FS2.  So here I am, a paying Xfinity customer and I couldn't watch the Xfinity series race because Comcast/Xfinity won't give us FS2 so I can watch their race.......unbelievable.  It's the height of irony. 

But I have to tell you as others have said, this has now been going on for 3 or 4 years.  So I think ALL of us are simply urinating in the wind on this subject.  Xfinity/Comcast is not listening nor do they care.  

This is a chess match between Fox and Xfinity/Comcast and we are simply the pawns on their chess board.  Fox wants to duplicate the success of ESPN, by creating FS1, FS2, FS3, etc., just like ESPN.  But that means cable/satelite companies have to carry those channels.  How does a channel get those companies to carry them?  USING the viewers as pawns to pressure those companies.  Trust me, there is enough blame to go around between Fox and Xfinity/Comcast.  

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

7 years ago

All we are doing is adding our urine into the "urinating match" between Fox and Comcast.  You're right, both have blame, but Comcast is the ultimate gatekeeper.  Their cynical sponsorship of the Xfinity Series is just that.  They really don't care, as long as we keep paying our Comcast bill every month, which they know we will do because.....Internet.  Even the workarounds I've used to watch the programming I'm missing on FS2 require a robust and reliable internet connection, which as we all know, is provided by Comcast.  Even should I choose a new internet provider, Comcast won't care.  I'm what, 1/10,000,000th of their revenue stream.  That's like dropping a penny on the sidewalk....I won't be bothered to pick it up.  We can keep complaining on this forum, but nothing will happen.  We can contact Comcast executives, but nothing will happen.  So there you have it.  Comcast has what we want, even if we want more.  It (i can't use the word because Comcast won't let me) causes an intense area of low pressure, much like what we want in a vaccum cleaner.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

7 years ago

Yep.  Until thousands upon thousands of people start dumping Comcast, nothing will change.  

We've been fighting this battle since 2013 when Comcast told us that FS1 & FS2 were coming to the channel lineup when SPEED went away. 

I dumped Comcast back in January and now enjoy Wave Broadband which has FS1 & FS2 (both in HD).  I'm only 1 person, so unless a good portion of Comcast customers start dumping them for other providers nothing will change.  As Markdartj noted, we are just 1 penny that has fallen to the sidewalk and Comcast can't be troubled to pick it up.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

7 years ago

@scottspencer76 wrote:
I'm still lost here. I've had both FS1 and FS2 on Comcast since Fox Sports started the two networks. Bought them out, converted them, whatever. What areas do you people live in that you don't have both Networks?

Well, in my case, I'm in the Pac NW.  The SF bay area is without, and not sure about SoCal market; but part of the problem is that Comcast has been less than forthcoming regarding what areas of the US have FS2.  If you do have FS2, you are in the minority, and even smaller minority if you have it in HD.  The only reason you do have FS2 is because of legacy contracts.  In the meantime the majority has to do without, even in standard def.  I cannot believe we had to miss quali in Vegas so we could watch a weigh in for a fight.

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

I'm still lost here. I've had both FS1 and FS2 on Comcast since Fox Sports started the two networks. Bought them out, converted them, whatever. What areas do you people live in that you don't have both Networks?

Contributor

• 

74 Messages

7 years ago

Was your cable system bought out by Comcast?  If so the reason you have FS2 is because it was grandfathered in.  Other Comcast subscribers don't have it and Comcast has. I intention to add it.  But I do think it was weird watching qualifying yesterday (on satilight) and Xfinity had a paid add on FS2. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here