ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

18K Messages

7 years ago

@l_turn9 wrote:

Comcast treats those of us who watch sports car races even worse - they'll have the 1st half of a race on FS1 then we are told we must go to FS2 to see the rest.   This has happened several times.  Also, the DVR does not manage rain delays very well.

Comcast is not telling you to change the channel to FS2 to continue watching.... FS1 is deciding that.  It is unfair to blame Comcast for that issue.  The X1 platform has an Auto-Extend function that is being fine tuned for some sports offerings and it has done very well for me with NASCAR races that extend past normal programming lengths.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Crazy that Xfinity doesn't offer Fox Sports 2!!!  I'm missing lots of Big East basketball games.  Tonight is Creighton vs Oral Roberts.  Might be time to move on from Comcast/Xfinity....

Problem Solver

• 

308 Messages

7 years ago

Comcast has never added Fox Sports 2 in areas where they have been the cable company for some time. Like a lot of things, the markets that have Fox Sports 2 carried its predecessor, Fuel. They carried it because of existing contracts with providers that Comcast purchased.

The vast majority of areas that have Fox Sports 2 (SD only) are former territories of Adelphia Cable that Comcast purchased between 2006 and 2007. Also, areas that were formerly Suscom have FS2 (These are in PA and MS, I believe).

Outside of that, it hasn't been added to systems that Comcast owned before 2006, unfortunately. Hopefully that changes someday, and that the channel is carried in HD as it is on almost every other major cable company, Dish, DirecTV, AT&T, Verizon and CenturyLink.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

7 years ago

Why doesn't Comcast/Xfinity offer Fox Sports 2? I just noticed the Rolex 24 schedule for 2017 and a lot of it is on FS2 so we pay big bucks for TV service and still don't get channels that a lot of us, expecially race fans, want.

Jan. 28-29

Rolex 24 at Daytona

Saturday, Jan. 28

Fox TV, 2 p.m.-5 p.m.

FS1, 5 p.m.-10 p.m.

FS2, 11 p.m.-midnight

Sunday, Jan. 29

FS2, midnight-12:30 p.m.

FS1, 12:30 p.m.-3 p.m.

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

7 years ago

Cause ya got Comcast confused with a company that really cares & listens to it's subscribers and Dats Da Name of Dat Tune!!!!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I've been getting FS2 on Channel 740 for years. Standard def only.

My guess is people want it without paying for it.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

7 years ago

How do you get it?

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

7 years ago

@Timmay2Shoes wrote:

I've been getting FS2 on Channel 740 for years. Standard def only.

My guess is people want it without paying for it.

If you have FS2 in any form on Comcast, you are in the minority of their customers.  Most do not get it even in standard definition.  If you read back through the years of posts on this subject, nobody is talking about the price.  The only posters who bring up added expense are the Comcast shills, who use that as a justification for not providing FS2 in their lineup, in other words "We are just trying to save you from yourselves" (That is, when they're not trying to shift the blame to FOX).  Personally, I've found other routes to see the programming I miss on FS2, so really It's no big deal to me.  It is, however, a big issue for many customers, given the length of time this thread has been running, and it is the attitude Comcast chooses ("If you're not happy, then switch to another service"), that is irritaiting to these customers.  Nobody expects to get it for free.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

7 years ago

@Janstheman wrote:
How do you get it?

If you don't get it, you won't get it, unless you switch to Direct TV or some other provider (Of course, they all come with their own problems),

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

7 years ago

How many years have we been here begging for FS2? The answer is too many years. We are basically stuck with Xfinity/Comcast because of their internet speed is so fast.
So, until there is viable alternative with similar speeds, none of us will change.
Comcast knows that there will be some that will chatter away, but as long as we pay our bill, we really go no where.
My TV is secondary to my Internet. The ladies in my life watch the networks unceasingly.
I would rather read an e-book, surf the another country or look at a movie streamed or downloaded. Three or four years ago, I really wanted FS2. Now Xfinity Comcast I really could care less. If there worried about a nickel per subscriber, then forget about it. You can't miss what you never had.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

'Why doesn't Comcast carry Fox Sports 2?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

With the data cap in many Xfinity service areas, signing up for FOX Soccer2Go (which is the only contractually acceptable way someone using Xfinity internet can get some * FOX Sports 2 programming in many Xfinity areas, like the Twin Cities, Minnesota, area, as FOX Sports 2 is not available on Sling TV yet per FOX, and FOX Sports 2 don't do Roku yet at all)...

...given a choice between paying:

a) an extra $10 per month to get just FOX Sports 2 on my cable service, as a sports tier channel, not a standard channel (which is in line with an extra ESPN channel cost), or
b) an extra $50 per month for unlimited data on my Xfinity internet plus the $140 per year for a yearly subscription to FOX Soccer 2 Go - thus, approximately $62 + taxes per month

I would prefer a), will not do b), and thus, until Xfinity does add FOX Sports 2, can't do either.

Hey, Xfinity, it's more efficient for your technical systems for FOX Sports 2 fans to watch over the cable, rather than streaming over the internet, so by adding FOX Sports 2, you would save yourselves a lot of grief!  And you would make a lot of sports fans very happy!

* - FOX Soccer 2 Go doesn't seem to have any auto racing, so for auto racing fans, this doesn't help at all.  But FOX Soccer 2 Go does have lots of soccer, AND Aussie Rules football (select matches), AND Australian National Rugby League (last season they had every game, and I have not heard that will change this year).

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Ridiculous. I would pay extra for FS2.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Honestly. I'm in the Seattle market, as well. I know FS2 would do well out here. Please Comcast! Bring us FS2.

**And Bein Sports in English while you're at it!

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

We pay for TV and Internet. Not TV or Internet. It seems ridiculous to have to watch games we're interested in on a computer. Not the same. Please add FS2 and BEIN in English.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here