ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

8 years ago

LOL.  Only been 3 years now.....  Somewhat good news!  I was able to get FS2 through FoxSportsGo by choosing the more carriers button, scrolling down to Comcast/Xfinity and then entering my Comcast login information.  When I chose the First Comcast option with the pretty picture I could only view FS1.  Hope this works for you.  Note that it wasn't a stable enough connection to try to do a video capture, perhaps too many viewers hitting the server?  it was good enough to watch though.   Course my Chromecast decided to stop receiving video about 3 minutes into it so I was on a smaller screen then I would have preferred but at least I had surround sound.  

Regarding my FCC and Comcast complaints.  I got an e-mail request from the regional Comcast asking me to call and discuss.  FCC was then informed I didn't respond to the inquiry.  The paper letter today said I didn't respond and they do not offer FS2 in my area thus I assume the FCC won't do anything.  We are all aware that due to a misalignment of the stars, FS2 is not available in all service regions.  Just for grins, the attached is the Comcast channel lineup comparison which doesn't state not available in all areas.  It is only after you give up your address that you actually see FS2 not listed..

1 Attachment

Regular Contributor

• 

90 Messages

8 years ago

Man it feels good not to have to worry about this nonsense anymore. Enjoying FS2 and beIn in HD.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I was wanting to know if Comcast ever plans to offer Fox Sports 2. I miss not having Speed thanks to Fox dumping it to steal their channel.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Seriously Comcast- you claim your greatness however, you can't even provide FS2?  If I want to watch the UEFA championship games I have to watch it in spanish- ridiculous- get FS2!!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Bayern and Juventus in a huge Champions League match right now. On FS2, so not on Comcast.

Between the Champions League and the Bundesliga, FS2 is an absolute must-have for soccer fans. Even though I'm otherwise happy with my service, I'll be dropping Comcast if they're not going to add FS2.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

can the spanish channels be added for free? I get a couple of them but dont get ESPN deportes for some reason. 

Add me to the list of upset soccer fans that we do not get FS2 on the self-proclaimed "best sports" cable package. 

1 Message

8 years ago

How come comcast does not carry fox sports 2???

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

8 years ago

wrote:

How come comcast does not carry fox sports 2???

Here's what I know:  Comcast and Fox are at an impasse over FS2.  Fox wants Comcast to offer FS2 in it's basic package, the same way ESPN 1 & 2 are offered.  That way, they can charge for EVERY household that has Comcast.  Comcast doesn't want to do that.  They blame Fox; Fox blames Comcast.  In the meantime, for going on three years now, Fox has been putting programing tha people want to watch on FS2,  with the aim of "ginning" up Comcast customers.  We are being manipulated.  Today, I was trying to watch 12 hours of Sebring.  First hour was on FS1, then it moved to FS2 for much of the race.  In the past, IMSA has offered live streaming to counter this, but this time it was blocked.  That is until enough people were complaining that IMSA went to FOX and said "Enough".  They made live streaming available on Fox Sports Go, even though, if you don't have FS2, you usually cannot stream their programming on Fox Sports Go.  This was done just in time for a lengthy red flag due to a monsoon w/lightning.  This is just for the race.  For other programming, the majority of Comcast customers are SOL.  This thread started in August of 2013.  It is now 30 pages long with nigh on 1500 posts.  If you have the time, you can get some of the picture.  Comcast isn't very forthcoming about why or it's future plans r.e. FS2, other than to say: "there are no plans to expand offerings of FS2 at this time...."  (even though they advertised that FS1 and FS2 would be available before the transition from SPEED channel to FS1 and FS2.)  I've talked and emailed with Comcast executives who have lied to me.  Comcast Teds, a shill who is the voice for Comcast on this forum has gone as far as to recommend you switch to a provider that offers FS2.  Hardly a customer oriented business model.  Comcast continues to dump a lot of trash channels that nobody watches on us, most of whom actually pay Comcast to be in their line-up.  That way they can charge us more.  They say that Comcast has the "Most Sports".  That is a lie, since a lot of the sports we want to see are on FS2.  If you have a choice, choose any service over Comcast.  In my case, Comcast is the only provider available unless I want to move (which would be silly; moving just so I could have a dish).  Good luck to you, and keep the pressure on Comcast.  It is ultimately their decision whether or not to offer FS2.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I just left Direct.v. for personal reasons but am rethinking this decision. I am seriously disappointed that Comcast does not offer me FS2 but does give me FS1. Not happy I have to live stream FS2 to watch my motorcross!

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

8 years ago

@Ramonaday1 wrote:
I just left Direct.v. for personal reasons but am rethinking this decision. I am seriously disappointed that Comcast does not offer me FS2 but does give me FS1. Not happy I have to live stream FS2 to watch my motorcross!

Think again.  If you don't have FS2 on your line-up, Fox doesn't let you stream FS2 programming.  They made an exception today for the  12 hours of Sebring, but not until 1/3 into the race and under extreme pressure from IMSA.  Sorry.

Official Employee

• 

11.1K Messages

8 years ago

Hello All -- We have started carrying FS2 in very select areas. We are continuing to work towards having this channel added in all areas. 

Contributor

• 

72 Messages

8 years ago

Thank You that's good news. Thank you for the response. Now if we can get Bein sports in HD next.

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

8 years ago

@ComcastZach wrote:

Hello All -- We have started carrying FS2 in very select areas. We are continuing to work towards having this channel added in all areas. 

Are we to understand that Comcast has "added" FS2 to a current market area vs it being "added" as part of a "Legacy Contract" that Comcast aquired? If this is so, where is the market area that it was added to an existing contract? People here, that are in those areas, would very interested in that information.

Thanks

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

That is great to hear but what is that select area you are referring too?

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

8 years ago

@ComcastZach wrote:

Is this real?  Or is this just another spin on what you have already done, honoring pre-existing contracts?  Why does this have to come at a glacial pace?  Just get it done!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here