ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Contributor

• 

96 Messages

8 years ago

And yes thanks Apple for the autocorrection is FS2 not FD2 !!!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

8 years ago

@Denztoi wrote:
I got the exact same response! I asked them to update this forum so we don't have to have a continuous requests to why isn't there a FD2 and why it isn't available. I was assured it would be done by Shantau H.
Executive Customer Relations
West Division and still there is nothing. She could have at least had her response pinned as a headline to this thread.
Now does ComcastTeds remove this reply or does it stay?
If it is removed, I assure you I will file another complaint with the FCC for trying to deny me access as a paying customer to this forum as I have not broken any rules.

Apologies, at the risk of repeating -  we don't have any new news to announce at this time regarding Fox Sports 2. 

Just wanted to recap, consolidate and summarize the current situation with Fox Sports 2 that some may find helpful.

Below is not new information and most all has been posted previously in earlier posts;

We certainly realize that anything short of a post that says "Comcast is adding Fox Sports 2 in all areas on this date and your monthly cable bill won't go up" will not be a satisfactory answer for most.

We don't have any announcements to make regarding additional locations for the addition of Fox Sports 2 at this time. We also don't have an expected date for an announcement for the Fox Sports 2 in additional Comcast areas. I'm not currently aware of any decisions to remove or add Fox Sports 2 in any locations. Any potential channel additions or deletions would be communicated ahead of time according to any FCC and local franchise requirements.

We don’t currently have an agreement to add Fox Sports 2 to any "Sports Package", or as a single a-la-carte channel, as much as we might want to.

Comcast does offer Fox Sports 2 in some markets based on some existing contractual obligations.

There are other video providers (likely in your area) that may offer Fox Sports 2.

Our content and programming teams are in regular contact with Fox on many topics, including possible additional distribution for Fox Sports 2. The conversations are ongoing. A contract and agreement to terms is required before we can offer any channel to our customers. These need to be terms that make sense for both parties and for our customers.

All channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast.

Our programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations.

As with any network contract, we want to come to an agreement that offers the best terms for our customers and our company that keeps both our costs and our customer's monthly costs to a minimum. Any possible addition of any new network would also most likely incur additional costs to Comcast that would be passed along to our customers. As mentioned above, those additional costs are one of the factors in considering adding any new network.

Generally, new networks want to be added to a very widely distributed level of service for the potential of the most eyeballs (ratings) and advertising revenue. That means that the costs would be spread across all of the customers that have that channel in their level of service, not just to those who want to pay individually for that specific service or via a separate Sports Package.

Of course, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations. The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams. This forum is not the sole source of customer input.

ONLINE ACCESS

The current contract terms with Fox only allow online access to Fox Sports 2 for customers who have that channel (Fox Sports 2) in their level of service.

That is how most all cable networks operate and this situation is standard across all video providers.

Below from the Fox Sports Go site: http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

Live streams of all the FOX Sports Networks are available at no additional cost to fans who receive FOX Sports as part of their TV subscription through participating TV providers. If you get FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, and FOX sports regional channels at home, you've got access!

If you are interested in both sides of the story, you should also ask Fox Sports 2 why they don't have more distribution on Comcast and other video providers, you can do that here: http://msn.foxsports.com/feedback

Apologies that Fox has chosen to put some of their high profile events on one of their least distributed cable channels.

It takes two parties to negotiate and come to an equitable agreement for carriage of any cable network.

Generally in addition to per subscriber fees, there are additional capital costs incurred (equipment and such) as well as any opportunity costs (what else could we use that bandwidth for). This is no different than most other businesses.

I hope that the above helps to explain some of the ”whys”.

Unfortunately, it’s not always as easy as saying, “hey, some of our customers want this this, let’s put it on and pay whatever the costs are and pass those costs along to all of our customers”. If and when we have additional news to announce, we will certainly do so here and in other places.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

i had to upgrade to the sports package yes the sports package  to get cmt and spike and i was told that fox 2 was broadcast on fcsp and fcsc so i take it that the person i talk with yesterday was wrong?  go figure..  so if it is not offered why did the guy tell me i had it??

Regular Contributor

• 

90 Messages

8 years ago

I'd rather you just say nothing instead of the same tired excuses.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

8 years ago

@knksandblast wrote:

i had to upgrade to the sports package yes the sports package  to get cmt and spike and i was told that fox 2 was broadcast on fcsp and fcsc so i take it that the person i talk with yesterday was wrong?  go figure..  so if it is not offered why did the guy tell me i had it??

Apologies for any incorrect information that you may have been given. CMT is now included as part of the Sports Entertainment Package in your area. In your area, the Sports Entertainment Package currently includes the channels listed below:

31 729     CMT  
260 698   NFL RedZone 

61 733     NHL Network 
262 Fox College Sports Atlantic  
263 Fox College Sports Central  
264 Fox College Sports Pacific 
266 694 NBA TV 
269 753 CBS Sports Network 
270 675 NFL Network  
279 692 MLB Network 
282 beIN Sports (English)  
285 World Fishing Network  
402 711 ESPN News  
403 754 Big Ten Network 

405 749 Tennis Channel  
406 756 Outdoor Channel 
407 ESPN Classic 
408 ESPN Goal Line and Buzzer Beater  
410 PAC-12 Network  

581 577 beIN Sports (Spanish)  

Fox Sports 2 is not currently available in your area. Fox Sports 1 is available on channel 265 and in HD on channel 691.

The three Fox College Sports Channels listed above carry primarily college sports.  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

8 years ago

@donope wrote:

I'd rather you just say nothing instead of the same tired excuses.

Some folks are new to the thread and may not have seen the information that was posted earlier. Apologies if it is a repeat for some. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

When will Comcast add Fox Sports 2?

Regular Contributor

• 

96 Messages

8 years ago

Go to page 1 of this thread, look at the date. It's not going to happen, as ComcastTeds said in previous replies, there are other providers that have FS2.

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

8 years ago

"

@Denztoi wrote:
Go to page 1 of this thread, look at the date. It's not going to happen, as ComcastTeds said in previous replies, there are other providers that have FS2.

I'll save you the time, August 21, 2013 !  Approximately THIRTYONE MONTHS ago Comcast   had a press release that they were going to have FS2 in the line up.

Do ya think maybe they aren't going to honor that press release????  Comcast Ted's answer now is "There are other video providers (likely in your area) that may offer Fox Sports 2" which translates to if you want FS2 take your business to another provider, as Comcast is not going to provide FS2.

Which is zackly why Comcast has maintained last place in customer satisfaction over the past 3 years! They are now so big & profitable that they feel they do not have to give any attention to what their customers want and simply go with what they feel is best for their bottom line, PROFITS! Comcast Ted is telling you the company line: If you don't like our lineup, HIT THE BRICKS & go to another provider, we don't need you!

Get used to it, THEY DON"T CARE!!!

Regular Contributor

• 

96 Messages

8 years ago

Exactly

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Under your TV Plans Why is Fox Sports 2 the only channel not checked under the Digital Premier Package (180+ Channels), While it is checked under the Digital Preferred Package (140+ Channels)?

Screenshot 2016-02-16 17.27.47.png

Not only that but with a cost to the Channel Provider at $0.28, adding it to different bundles be productive.  Consumers can watch more programming they want to see, but to Comcast a mark up of 50-75% per household would only add $0.42-$0.49 to the monthly bill.

Regular Contributor

• 

90 Messages

8 years ago

Goodbye Crappycast...no more anger about no bein sports in HD and no FS2 in HD. Cut the cord...

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

8 years ago

Hey ted I just wanna point out how ridiculous your reply was

1. Yeah we all know that you guys comcast are running a business and you need to make sure you control the cost and earn as much money as you can, it's a buisness at the end, we all get that.

But the thing is fs2 is a pretty popular channel, it has a lot of soccer games and racing events. Ok I admit it's not as popular as those top ties like espn or fs1 but still, it's pretty popular.

So here is my question, if you guys provides those channels which have so low ratings that almost nobody watches, yeah I am talking about the ones between channel 100-300 those channels owned by small companies playing old movies and tv shows, which most of them I don't even know their names, which are not even in hd, and those channels showing deer hunting or tennis, so yeah if you guys are showing those ridiculously low rating channels which nobody watches then why not provide fs2???

I am pretty sure in this country there are more people willing to watch soccer or car racing than hunting deers or tennis or old movies from the 80s.

So don't you even try to tell me oh it's because fs2 is such a low rating channel that there is no need to provide it anyway.

I mean at the end it's a fox channel, fox channels are always popular it's a big company, no matter it's fs1 or fs2 or fs college sports or fox news...

All the other major providers like direct tv,dish, cox , warner cable even cable one has fs2, I mean they can't be all that dumb to provide a low rating channel.

2. I know you wanna low the cost , you don't wanna put a bunch of low rating channels in the basic package so eveyone has to pay for it, I get that part. But why not put it in the premium extra package only the customers who willing to pay more will get it?

I mean not everyone want fs2, but there are some of us do, look at the length of this thread! There are so many people want fs2 and you are telling us no. put it in the premium prefered package or sport package or something! At least give people a choice!

so the people like us who willing to pay more can get this channel!!!

3. And at last stop blaming fox for it! All other providers had no problem with fox, you guys are the only one who broke down the negotiation with fox so you have to be the one who has the problem. If everyone gets alone with fox just fine and you can't then it's hard for be to believe it's their fault not yours. Just pay the dam money that fox asked for! Everyone else did so why can't you do it? I am willing to pay 20 cents extra every month if you give me fs2, and I believe everyone here would gladly do so too.

Anyway, the only reason why comcast such a big company would ignore a very reasonable request from so many customers is it's so big and earning so much money every year already so it doesn't care!

I suggest everyone just switch to direct tv or dish, after comcast sees a huge number of customer leaving it will eventually lower it's arrogant head and bow down to beg us to come back!!!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

FS2 is available on almost all other provider's channel lineup. Instead of adding garabge channels all the time, why not add something people want to watch. Also what about FSP???

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

8 years ago

@Michelle7373 wrote:

Hey ted I just wanna point out how ridiculous your reply was

** deleted text**

So here is my question, if you guys provides those channels which have so low ratings that almost nobody watches, yeah I am talking about the ones between channel 100-300 those channels owned by small companies playing old movies and tv shows, which most of them I don't even know their names, which are not even in hd, and those channels showing deer hunting or tennis, so yeah if you guys are showing those ridiculously low rating channels which nobody watches then why not provide fs2???

Michelle:

Well here is the "little secret" that Ted might not tell you. MOST, not all, of the channels that you make reference to, do NOT charge Comcast BUT in fact they pay Comcast to have their programing in the line up! These are "fluff" channels that bring in great revenue to Comcast and they (Comcast) get to tell the sucribers how many "upteen" channels  are available. Knowing full well they are not popular BUT they are very profitable! Now Dats Da Name Of Dat Tune!

2. I know you wanna low the cost , you don't wanna put a bunch of low rating channels in the basic package so eveyone has to pay for it, I get that part.

Michelle:

BUT that is exactly what they want to do, & get paid from these providers at the same time! Is the picture getting clearer????

But why not put it in the premium extra package only the customers who willing to pay more will get it?

I mean not everyone want fs2, but there are some of us do, look at the length of this thread! There are so many people want fs2 and you are telling us no. put it in the premium prefered package or sport package or something! At least give people a choice!

Michelle:

You'll not get a choice. What you are wanting is what cable was "back in the day", when we could pick & choose which programing we wanted. Those days will never come back. Cable providers are making tons of money by having "packages", that is where they big money is now.

Anyway, the only reason why comcast such a big company would ignore a very reasonable request from so many customers is it's so big and earning so much money every year already so it doesn't care!

Michelle:

NOW YOU'VE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!!!!! They simply do not care. The time frame length of this thread tells it all. I really believe Ray Charles & Steve Wonder can see what happening here.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here