ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

FS 2 costs all of 0.28 cents per subscriber - so any excuse that Comcast posts about not wanting to pass the costs on to the customers is a joke.  I can't imagine 0.28 cents being a big deal to any of the 11+ million subscribers that are stuck with this 'service', it's just another lame excuse used by a cable company.

Problem Solver

• 

1.6K Messages

9 years ago

need that FS2 for my bundesliga

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

9 years ago

I'm not going to be mean rubbing it in. Uverse definitely has some quirks. with a 10 thousand channel range on the remote, you need to lock in hundreds of favorites on the remote - thankfully you can (I think the comcast remote you can set one or is it two favorites). I know comcast the newer boxes have no clock. I made sure long as I had comcast - 35 years - I had clocks on my boxes. I know it sounds stupid - it makes me crazy uverse boxes dont have a clock. I will be buying more wall clocks for my home. I'm old, the windows clock doesnt cut it. But so far I have seen some nascar and yesterday an Arca race on fs2. will they keep their promise of all the perks promised for switching? Will it remain impressive, I hope so. Poor as I am, the uverse package (2 up from the bottom, 2 down from the top, right in the middle - the 200 package - it doesnt mean 200 channels. There's lots of blocvked channels for better pacvkages, ame as comcast, and I havent counted - I know just so far the ones I have as a favorites group - so far - is 229 channels. I think I get something like nearly 400 plus the same batch of music channnels like comcast. Best I can figure, their [acvkage I save about 1 third off my discounted comcast bill that had just a few chanels over the minimum digital they carry. The magic jack - still not activated. I will nod to comcast - my email is forwarded and works, my home phone still works. The cord is cut but isnt - the modem is in place until magic jack decides to turn the number on, or comcast shuts the old one off as they already released it. Guys do what you want. I am seeing there were some advantages to comcast but I couldnt afford it. Mostly I prefer uverse, it is too early, 3 days. after the teaser rate for 2 years, the regular rate will be near as much a smy comcast bill. I habve tv's in 3 rooms - only watch in two. BUT I dont have to add a box if I want to watch that third one (my living room - never in there) I just taske the wireless receiver from the bedroom. Unlike comcast you have to call in  to activate the box - with att you simply take your stuff room to room. No calls, just take it wherre you want, the deck, your garage, front yard, whatever. I have a junky old style tv in here - it barely got a picture with comcast. Darn if it isnt a LOT clearer with uverse - not sure why. Last, you can on each tv with uverse - pick  your hd - 480, 720, 1080...even a wide screen sttting I guess for old tv's - tried it  = it looks silly. Now dish is pushing huge discounts - no buyers remorse - but I know they are the other player that carries uverse.

I'll close with this - yes the grass IS greener. So far not a LOT of nascar that I'd have missed - then again prior 2 weeks arca was on fs1 - yesterday it was on fs2 - channel 1651 versus 1652. Channels are logical - all the sports stuff is in the 600 or 1600 (HD) so espn is right in there, nbccsn 1640.I spent three years posting here mad at comcast. before I leave for church - know what I dont see anymore - the every other commercial comcast ads. and no, not replaced with as many att ads. Have a great day all. (yes even comcast teds - he didnt remove too many of my posts - I appreciate that fact).

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

I'm not sure about your 0.28 per subscriber fee amount.  The last I had read was that Fox was asking $1.36 per subscriber.  Yes, even a $1.36 per subscriber is not much, but that cost would have to be completely passed on to ALL cable customers, not just those who desperately want FS2.  If you just add FS2 to a buy up package, Xfinity/Comcast would have to recoup the cost of $1.36 per EVERY cable customer, but they would have to obtain the entire amount from just those people who purchased the buy up package.  So the cost to add FS2 to a buy up package would be much more than $1.36.  Personally, I think Fox is asking WAY TOO MUCH per subscriber for FS2.  If I was Fox, I would start it out very cheap, get people and cable companies hooked, THEN increase the price.  As a business owner, that is what I would do.  In the end this is a game between Fox and Xfinity/Comcast, with each of them trying to get the best financial deal for themselves.  We as the fans, are simply hostages caught in the middle, mere pawns on their chess board.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Caution on DircTV in the Seattle area - No PAC-12 Network on DirecTV - If you want College Football from the Pac 12 - No Dice on Dierct TV

Frequent Visitor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Finally dropped Comcast this week. Have waited for FS2 long enough. Thought about going with Direct TV and looked at Comcast's local competitor here where I live to see what channels they offered.

As a soccer fan, the competitor offers both FS1 and FS2, Fox Soccer Plus, ESPN Deportes (along with all the ESPN regular channels), NBC Sports............though it does not have BEIN 1 Sports, signed up for Sling TV and their Deportes package and get Univison Deportes, UNIMAS, Bein 1 and Bein 2, ESPN Deportes, Azteca..............plus saving money compared to my Comcast bill.............perfect timing with the season starting this weekend.

Good luck guys. I know it sucks.

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

9 years ago

@DennisMPrice wrote:

I'm not sure about your 0.28 per subscriber fee amount.  The last I had read was that Fox was asking $1.36 per subscriber.  Yes, even a $1.36 per subscriber is not much, but that cost would have to be completely passed on to ALL cable customers, not just those who desperately want FS2.  If you just add FS2 to a buy up package, Xfinity/Comcast would have to recoup the cost of $1.36 per EVERY cable customer, but they would have to obtain the entire amount from just those people who purchased the buy up package.  So the cost to add FS2 to a buy up package would be much more than $1.36.  Personally, I think Fox is asking WAY TOO MUCH per subscriber for FS2.  If I was Fox, I would start it out very cheap, get people and cable companies hooked, THEN increase the price.  As a business owner, that is what I would do.  In the end this is a game between Fox and Xfinity/Comcast, with each of them trying to get the best financial deal for themselves.  We as the fans, are simply hostages caught in the middle, mere pawns on their chess board.

You might want to change your reading sources if you read that Fox is asking $1.36 for FS2 when the fact of the matter is they don't even get that much for FS1. Additionally Fox has already conceded to the TV providers at launch time by agreeing to start charging the low price they were getting for the old channels Speed and Fuel. On top of that it was reported back then that Comcast (who had already dropped Fuel TV) did get a discount price from Fox for FS1 just so Fox can fulfill their goal of being in as many households as they had promised their advertisers. 

Please spare us the lesson in how TV providers and the channels companies they carry do their deals. We for the most part know that. For those who don't, they get reminded of it whenver their favorite channel is in a contract dispute with their cable providers.

The reality is FS2 is available in all the major TV providers but Comcast (the locations that have it is because Comcast bought the local providers there which already had contract with Fox for FS2). Surely if Fox can come to a deal with all these providers you can't throw the excuse that price gouging is the reason they can't with Comcast? 

You're right on one thing: We as customers are an afterthought in this but make no mistake about it Comcast has to shoulder most of the blame. They're the middle man between Fox and us. As such they do a bad job.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I agree. Im a UFC fight fan and am going to miss 6 Preliminary fights tonight. Most PPV fights are $50 per 5 or 6 fights. So COMCAST YOU OWE ME.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

get it together comcast. ufc is big and i want to see all of the fights. put fs2 in the line up or im going to directv where ill have that and nfl sunday ticket! end of story. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

@SePokoSa wrote:

@DennisMPrice wrote:

You might want to change your reading sources if you read that Fox is asking $1.36 for FS2 when the fact of the matter is they don't even get that much for FS1. Additionally Fox has already conceded to the TV providers at launch time by agreeing to start charging the low price they were getting for the old channels Speed and Fuel. On top of that it was reported back then that Comcast (who had already dropped Fuel TV) did get a discount price from Fox for FS1 just so Fox can fulfill their goal of being in as many households as they had promised their advertisers. 

Please spare us the lesson in how TV providers and the channels companies they carry do their deals. We for the most part know that. For those who don't, they get reminded of it whenver their favorite channel is in a contract dispute with their cable providers.

The reality is FS2 is available in all the major TV providers but Comcast (the locations that have it is because Comcast bought the local providers there which already had contract with Fox for FS2). Surely if Fox can come to a deal with all these providers you can't throw the excuse that price gouging is the reason they can't with Comcast? 

You're right on one thing: We as customers are an afterthought in this but make no mistake about it Comcast has to shoulder most of the blame. They're the middle man between Fox and us. As such they do a bad job.

Clearly you did not read my post, before you reply at least read and understand a post.  I said "Fox was ASKING $1.36" per subscriber, I didn't say that is what they are getting.  At this point, none of us, including you, knows for a FACT exactly what Fox is getting for FS1 or FS2 from each of the cable and/or dish providers.  My best guess is that it's different for each cable or dish company.  I read the same info you referred to in your first paragraph but the asking price originally wanted by Fox for the then new FS1 was the same as it was for ESPN, around $5 per subscriber.  But the cable companies/dish companies balked and Fox relented.

It's incredibly arrogant of you to say that "Please spare us the lesson in how TV providers and the channels companies they carry do their deals. We for the most part know that.".  I didn't know you could read the minds of the hundreds or thousands of individuals that are posting on here and therefore you know exactly what they know and what they don't.  And to simply say that they get reminded of it when their favorite channel is involded implies that everyone knows how this business operates, again incredibley arrogant thinking on your part.

Sure FS2 is available to all of the major cable and/or dish companies....as long as that cable or dish company can come to a price agreement with Fox.  The reason some Comcast areas have FS2 is because Comcast may have bought previous providers that had existing contracts that included FS2 (as Fuel previously).  Those contracts had to be honored.  So yes, price gouging by Fox is still an issue for the rest of the Comcast coverage area, becasue in those areas there is no existing contract, so negotiations have to occur between Fox and Comcast.

There is plenty of blame to go around, but as I have said before this is a situation where Fox and Comcast are not coming to an agreement and we the fans are caught in the middle.  Whether you want to assign more blame to Fox or Comcast, the end result is the same, we the fans are simply pawns on their chess board.  As I have said before, everyone is losing in this situation.

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

9 years ago

my only complaint about att - way too many channels (I am very surprised) and now with fs2 - it's like I switcched, now no nascar lately on fs2 LOL....oh well...at least it is a LOT cheaper and they are NICE on the phone

Contributor

• 

348 Messages

9 years ago

@jimrussell2000 wrote:

my only complaint about att - way too many channels (I am very surprised) and now with fs2 - it's like I switcched, now no nascar lately on fs2 LOL....oh well...at least it is a LOT cheaper and they are NICE on the phone

The only NA$CAR on Fox Sports for the rest of the year is the Truck Series. Everything else is on NBC and its sports affiliates.

Contributor

• 

348 Messages

9 years ago

To DennisMPrice and SePokoSa:  Could we possibly play nice together on here, children??? Nothing will be accomplished with insults and name calling. Kindly simmer down.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Not only NASCAR. UFC and UEFA Champions league. We are missing out on a lot of programs. If you're going to give us FS1 as part of the sports package, why is FS2 not available? It makes my mind hurt and I'm sick of paying all this money to miss out on the programs that I love. Fix yo stuff Comcast.

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

9 years ago

forget nascar, ufc, all of it.

I'll give you guys the BEST reason yet to be mad at comcast - right now I am watching on fox sports 2:

Hooters International Swimsuit Pageant 2015. <--- read that again, for real.

yup, disconnecting comcast and connecting uverse was totally worth it,.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here