ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Wow Its Great news!!!  
 The series you sponsor
( The Nascar Xfinity Series)
will be shown on a channel you don't have on your lineup---Fox sports 2. 

Great planning Comcast.

The Race is on Sunday at noon and on fox Sports 2

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

How can you show soccer on Fox Sports 1 instead of the xFinity Series NASCAR Race on Sunday? Either show it on another channel everyone gets instead of Fox Sports 2 or I'm canceling my service. That's plain stupid.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Does Comcast now support Fox Sports 2

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

why doesnt comcast carry fox sports 2?  Nascar xfinity series  has beenpostponed until 9                      am sunday .Im missing the race because it being broadcast on fox sports 2. Im not happy!!

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

9 years ago

amen to that - yes it is raining, I am in bartlett, west of chicago and north of joliet. But this proves who controls race tv coverage - the networks - with no guiddance by the series. Nascar knows what is going on, I tell them every week for years in the weekly fan council survey. imsa gets scrrewed too. But comcast will sell its soul to the devuil for baseball  or especially fifa or mma fighting, and of course the hated 3 thiings you should know. Fox is half the time has become twice as bad as espn got at the end their final 3 or 4 year5s (versus stellar racing in the early 80's). Comcast has no shame nor care they get their name on a dseries that wont be even telecast on their cable system - and of course they do not care. They still get the publicity. My wife died two years ago, step daughter murdered last summer, no job for 7 years, and otu of money, weekends life this - a very late 8 mediocre truck race last night, zero qualifying televised, zero practice televised, unless you have dish extra so you can get fs2 - bottom line I have not seen so little racing on a wreekend since winter. I have no family, dad and grandpa dead 20 years, so tomorrow after church I'll just do grocery shopping. Formula one is one super early but unlike when it was on speed nbs sports (owned by comcr@p) doesnt run it later in the day like speed did. My sole racing this weekend - one dull truck race. I caznt afford to go to joliet despite it is 45 minutes straight south on 59. Comcast says when I disconnect soon after 35 years they threaten me with rearly termoination to say thanks for being loyal 35 years. But apprently when I buy an antenna and only get free tv I wont be missing any racing anyway will I fox and comcast???????????? Oh and shame on formula one, nascar, imsa all the racing series - ball5le55 wonders the lot of them - not one makes the channels nor the cable provider show tyheir races to their customers - nadscar and imsa and f1 are as asleep at the switcch and greedy as are fox and comcast.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I'm wondering the same thing! How is it @Xfinity can Title Sponsor a NASCAR Series but cannot figure out how to provide their customers the ability to WATCH that series when its on a specific channel? The race at Chicagoland has been postponed due to rain and rescheduled for tomorrow on FS2. Being originally from the Chicago area I always look forward to seeing those races. BUT I CAN'T!!! Because for whatever reason @XFINITY doesn't carry FS2 here and NOONE i've talked to can tell me Why Not or When they Will carry it. SO Frustrated that I am seriously considering going back to DirecTV instead of moving my service to my new home next month.  

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

@Edith-Ella wrote:

Does Comcast now support Fox Sports 2

type 36907 (f-o-x- -s) and see if fox sports 2 is listed. we have it in our market.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I'm a Nascar fan. Xfinity now is the sponsor of the Nascar series. They will be racing tomorrow 6-21-15 on Fox Sports 2 do to a rainout.....Don't ya think Xfinity (Comcast) would carry that channel? What is up..............

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

UNhappy Father's Day to all of the NASCAR fans!!!

You need to make the Fox Sports 2 (formerly Fuel TV) channel available to Comcast Xfinity customers. It has been a problem for a couple of years now. Not being able to watch a series that Comcast Xfinity supports, ON a Comcast Xfinity channel is ridiculous!!!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

It is amazing how foolish Xfinity can be. Today, June 21, 2015, the Xfinity Series NASCAR races will not be seen by any of Xfinity's 300,000 cable TV subscribers in Massachusetts (and those in other parts of the country) because Xfinity does not carry FoxSports 2 here. The race was rained out the day before but rescheduled and moved to FioxSports 2. Now how silly does it look for a whole nationwide series named for Xfinity to be un-viewable by Xfinity customers? Yet the company likes to call its service "MyXfinity" and run self-promotional commercials touting its sports channels. Oh, and Verizon DOES offer FoxSports 2 here.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

It is the epitome of arrogance on the part of Comcast to broadcast NASCAR events such as today's Xfinity race (note the sponser of the series) on Fox Sports 2 that is not available to a large number of subscribers.  Check out the NASCAR website; the feeling is unanimous.  PATHETIC & GREEDY COMCAST!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

xfinity can sponser a NASCAR race series but can't carry the race when it is broadcast on Fox Sports 2.  Why? 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Why cant Comcast/Xfinity offer Fox Sports 2 in its lineup?  The Nascar "Xfinity" series race was rained out yesterday and postponed to today 6/21, but moved to FS2 which is not offered by Comcast!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

why no fox sports 2????  hhhhhm but they will show the us open gold on both fox channels, i think there are more racefans than golf fans, and more race fans than soccer fans!!!! oh wait the ceo owns a soccer team???? wow who would of thought, and its the series that they sponsor, wouldnt u want people to see the sport that your name is on!!!!!!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

I've been complaining about this ever since the changeover from the Speed channel. After they started

sponsoring the Xfinity series I, like you, thought for sure they would add Fox sports 2 to the channel lineup, boy was I wrong. I've complained and complained to no avail. They keep giving me the company speek about demographics and marketing strategy. I even went so far as to write Brian Roberts, the Comcast CEO, about the absurdity of sponsering a series that you don't air. He didn't give me courtesy of a reply. Didn't surprise me, although they say they are interested in customer service, they are not. Where I live they are the only cable company, it's them or satellite.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here