ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

Manyunk is one of the sections of Philly that was previously Urban Cableworks.

Comcast purchased them years ago. UC had an agreement to carry Fuel. That is why that is the only area in and around Philly that gets FS2. 

This is what Ted is referring to as "some areas". If Comcast acquired another provider that had the rights previously to carry Fuel, they still can carry FS2. 

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

9 years ago

@SeattleJeepMatt wrote:

Manyunk is one of the sections of Philly that was previously Urban Cableworks.

Comcast purchased them years ago. UC had an agreement to carry Fuel. That is why that is the only area in and around Philly that gets FS2. 

This is what Ted is referring to as "some areas". If Comcast acquired another provider that had the rights previously to carry Fuel, they still can carry FS2. 

SeattleJeep,

You said "If Comcast acquired another provider that had the rights previously to carry Fuel, they still can carry FS2".

It's a minor point but the more correct statement is that Comcast "must carry FS2" as it is a legacy contract and Comcast has no way of dropping them. UNTIL the contract is over & then the plot will thicken! If you go back and read my post to Ted, asking him how many service areas had FS2 because of just this type of "legacy contract" and how many service areas had Comcast ADDED FS2 to the existing lineup, I believe  you find there was not a real answer to my question. I have it from a "reliable inside source" that there has been no service area that FS2 has been added & what Comcast is saying are added service areas, are in fact legacy contract service areas, that are preexisting or newly acquired. 

The easy answer would be for Ted to give us the numbers and service areas where Comcast has added FS2 & the service areas where FS2 is available due to a legacy contract?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Are we EVER going to get Fox Sports 2???

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

It appears that Comcast doesn't care that many of the Women's World Cup games are on Fox Sports 2, which Comcast STILL won't carry in places like Eastern Massachusetts. One might wonder what would have happened if the same had happened to the Men's World Cup ... just a thought.

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

9 years ago

Yep. Still no FS2 so we miss WWC matches.  #comcastdoesntcare

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have been very disapointed with Fox in general for changing the most watched SPEED channel and getting rid of it all together while making a new channel called Fox Sports One.  It  is not really Comcast's fault.  If you look at it, now Comcast has to carry two channels for us to watch all the stuff that used to be on one Speed channel.  Fox should have never done that to all the Nascar fans out there.

However, that being said, Comcast has plenty of room to add Fox Sports Two.  Millions of people watch Nascar every year, 75 Million to be exact, Comcast is missing the boat and should pick up Fox Sports Two as many other providers are doing now. 

Comcast is TOO BIG and does not care about the 75 Million people that watch Nascar every year, they just care about the 22 Million people that subscribe to their subscription services.

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

9 years ago

you know you're right, and you're wrong. Comcast ted is a shill, comcast allows this thread but otherwise ignores it. They know the only way you get fs2 with dish is to get the xtra package or higher. In most areas of the us Comcast does not offer fs2 - period. I dont care about soccer or football or baseball. I will watch the stanley cup tonight as a fickle chicago fan otherwise dotn care about hockey or basketball. I like AUTO racing. A week ago friday they interrupted nascar practice to show the extensive coverage of sepp bladder re-accepting his presidency for fifa and laughing at the corruption,. Mid week he resigns. Yet we cant get back the missed nascar coverage.  ABC and espn gradually got bad on auto racing coverage. NBC sports came along and bought a good channel covering indy car and renamed it nbc sports like fox sports took speed and renamed it fx1 ands then split a lot of other racing, plus all the mavtiv is on fs2 - which few anywhere get. I can now see formula one on nbc sports. FS1 has nascar race hub and nbc sports has nascar america. In a month fox covering nascar on sundays will switch to nbc the rest of the season. My rub is why nascar turns a blind eye to comcast and cares about the money so lets them buy the naming rights to the mid tier racing series, while ignoring that customers dont get fox sports 2. I realize this isnt just comcasts fault - it is squarely on fox for messing up the speed channel in the first place. But to get fox sports one I am stuck with dozens of football, basketball, golf and tennis channels. As I write an arca race (sort of entry level nascar) is on fox sports 2. fox sports 1 on saturdays covers baseball and all auto racing dumped to fs2. So comcast customers see none. I just wrote Comcast. I am a 30 years customer, I am also unemployed a lONG time and as comcast has taken it all, I no longer have 150 a month (after many negotiations down from over 300 a month) to have the digital basic plan to get fox sports 1 but missing a lot of channels like local weather, discovery health and science channel and more. I might get a standalone of dish extra to get fox sports one and two for about 30 bucks a month. I can get home telephone from walmart basic talk 9.95 a month. Comcasts NEW customer internet is 14.99 a month - if they will give me that and no more equipment rentals - it is the best internet deal going. yes it goes up after a year. I might simply buy a tv antenna and watch the 30 plus free local chicago area channnels. I will miss nascar and indy car and fformula one - a LOT. So litytle of it anymore is on traditional network channels (abc, cbs, nbc, fox). I gre up seeing it go from wide world of sports once a month if that to in the 80s cbs covered the daytona 500 and a lot of nascar was on abc and some on espn - back when espn was into auto racing. I wrote in this thread when it was under ten pages - two plus years ago,. UNLESS fox makes peace with comcast and the satellite providers, or dish start to offer it in the LOWER tgier packages, comcast is all about making sure their packages are similar to competition. Why should they offer fox sports two if no one else does. Comcast true, dos NOT care about nascar fans all 75 milloion of them - I have been a nascar fan since 1960 (not a typo - more than 55 years). Yet they bought the nascar naming rights to the nationwide series as if to suggest they embrace nascar. NO - they dont. They bought nbc years back and want to maximize their exposure with nbc now into nascqar coverage. So that is 75 million nascar fans they dont care about, plus how many formula one and indy car fans - except those are televised - for now. But to say they care about their 22 million customers - as a soon to be 3 decades plus EX comcast customer - I can assure despite lip service from the newbie 800 number call center clerks at comcast - otherwise NO ONE at any level of comcast cares about customers, not at tom karinshaks office ("ask tom") not at Brian roberts office (the ceo) or any other level. Comcast like time warer, and att and dish care about eh bottom line and that their deals are at least similar to competition.l Customer service let alone happy customers - you're in la la land. No doubt comcast ted will block this if not right away, soon after its posted. But at least I took the time to state what I know to be facts.

PS sorry for the length, I tried hard to not particularly bash comcast just to state what my 3 decades of experiences with comcast says and I TIRED to spell check - I can spell, but my fingers type faster and out of order of what my brain hopes will show on screen - not dyslexic but it does of course look as if I were.)

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Are you kidding me? No Fox Sports 2? So we're going to miss a bunch of the women's World Cup matches because Comcast won't get this channel?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

9 years ago

@drhull wrote:

For the other areas of the country where Comcast operates, they do not feature this channel in linear fashion. However, you should be able to access it through Fox Sports Go online and watch with your laptop, tablet or smartphone, using a device like a Roku, Chromecast or Apple TV to project to your full-screen television.

Just to clarify the above.... 

ONLINE ACCESS

The current contract terms with Fox only allow online access to Fox Sports 2 for customers who have that channel (Fox Sports 2) in their level of service.

That is how most all cable networks operate and this situation is standard across all video providers.

Below from the Fox Sports Go site: http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

Live streams of all the FOX Sports Networks are available at no additional cost to fans who receive FOX Sports as part of their TV subscription through participating TV providers. If you get FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, and FOX sports regional channels at home, you've got access!

Problem Solver

• 

308 Messages

9 years ago

Comcast has only ever carried this channel in former Adelphia, Suscom or areas that were transferred from Time Warner Cable when that company partnered with Comcast to purchase Adelphia's assets.

For the other areas of the country where Comcast operates, they do not feature this channel in linear fashion. However, you should be able to access it through Fox Sports Go online and watch with your laptop, tablet or smartphone, using a device like a Roku, Chromecast or Apple TV to project to your full-screen television.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

9 years ago

Actually, the term is "COMCAST CARE-LESS, or COMCAST CARES LESS

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Would you PLEASE get FS2!!!! Pretty good you sponser NASCAR and can't even watch some of the programs

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

When will we be getting Fox Sports 2. I'm missing a lot of my NASCAR items as well as other sports events...I was wondering when Comcast will be adding the channel??? Or if anyone else out there wants this channel added?

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Once again missed Cup qualifying because Comcast will not add Fox Sports 2.  You would think since Infinity is a NASCAR sponser they would carry all NASCAR events.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

9 years ago

Comcast can keep the 3 dozen foreign language channels and the dozen shopping channels if they'll just give me back the RFD channel and put Fox Sports 2, FS2 in their lineup.  I've got the big package because I wanted the NFL red zone.  Have you seen what congress is dithering on about regarding build your own package, and that foolish offering that one of the satellite dish companies has put together - will cost next to nothing if you only watch local stations and a few fringe channels, but if you want to watch Fox or ESPN or BBCA watch the price jump.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here