ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Scurry7,

I have comcast with NBC Universal sports but I don't have FS2 as of yet. I understand it is all hung up in different contracts per region.I sent a nice email to the guy in charge and received a reply by an assistant who assured me the main guy would be getting in touch with me asap. Needless to say No reply. I'm still waiting for NFL Ticket which was supposed to be available to other Cable/Dish networks after 2009.Never happened.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Morning ebl11,

I feel for you.  I am an avid cyclist and a NASCAR fan.  Now, I didn't realize that Fox had a second sports channel with NASCAR on it.  So, this post isn't about that but goes hand in hand.  Comcast, why don't you have NBC Universal sports in your line up?  As ebl11 I'm missing out on a bunch of cycling racing including the Tour Down Under right now.  Please add both.  To be honest there are providers that do. 

Respectfully,

scurry7

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

9 years ago

@telcodad wrote:

Well, now that Comcast has signed a 10-year agreement to be the new title sponsor of the formerly-named NASCAR "Nationwide Series," the hope is that Comcast will start carrying FS2 in all of their markets this year, in order to provide full coverage of the (now-named) "Xfinity Series."

See: http://racing.ap.org/article/xfinity-has-bold-plans-nascar-coverage

Well time will tell!!!! Comcast has a very short time to get  this "deal" put together. My money is that they will do nothing and flush their customers down the drain. "As usual"

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.7K Messages

9 years ago

In Eastern Mass I have Fox Sports 2 in SD as part of the Digital Preferred tier- on channel 177..

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Please consider supplying Comcast subscribers with Fox Sports 2. As a Nascar fan, many of the race programming will be televised on Fox Sports 2, including special shows dealing with the Sprint Cup series, as well as the Xfinity series. One would think Comcast would be covering its own Xfinity series.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

My bill went up here in NJ. They added a fee to broadcast the sports channels but still no FS2!!! They sponsor Nascar but won't be showing all the action. I can only hope most of it will be on the NBC channels because I get all of them.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

No one knows if Comcast or Fox is holding up FS2 on Comcast. These are two corporations who can't agree on the terms for Comcast to carry FS2. It is probably some combibation of the cost per customer, the teir the channel will be on, how many minutes per hour Comcast can use for local advertising, etc.

But. since it seems since Fox came to terms with every other TV service provider, one would suspect Comcast is being the unreasonable party here.

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

9 years ago

Like in the past, when FOX broadcast the first part of the season (up through the spring Dover race), then it went to TNT, and picked up by ESPN for the end, This year, races will be on FOX until July 4th weekend, at which time NBC picks up the broadcast.  This is for Sprint Cup.  Not sure if ESPN will continue to cover the Xfinity series the whole season, like in the past.  At any rate, don't look for any NASCAR programming (besides promos) to appear on NBC channels until July.  Not sure if COMCAST/Xfinity is in any hurry to settle this glaring omission, as ESPN has traditionally covered Busch/Nationwide/now Xfinity series.  The truck series will probably still be on FOX, so look for a lot of that programming to be on FS2.  It seems like, despite knowing that millions do not have access to FS2, FOX continues to put racing programming there just to keep pressure on COMCAST.  In the meantime, for around $30.00, you can have access to every Australian V-8 Supercar quali/race to stream online.  Best thing about that is no commercials.  Also all events are archived, so you can watch whenever.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

we are getting poor servicve all around with comcast. Slow speed high prices and no fox sports 2 --  

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

My wife has wanted Direct TV for a long time . Maybe its time I give in . I feel we have all waited long enough . I guess the speed channel made it to easy for us here in South Jersey .

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

9 years ago

Given the most recent news, we should watch the negative postings we do here about no FS2 coverage???? We just might get a name change!

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

9 years ago

@Denztoi wrote:
You can also voice your displeasure to the Xfinity TV and sports Twitter accts. throw in Foxsports also. Quit a bit of mad customers tweet directly, more publicity then this thread.
I have sent a few in and guess who replies direct messages back? DirectTv reps! No lies. They want Xfinity customers, especially ones upset with
Comcast/Xfinity.

Denztoi,

I have to wait another 3 months until my "Promo Rate" ends & then I'll reach out to someone. I'd pay $1K right now to have Fios on my street, but thats not going to happen in the near future!!!!   ;-(    I would go with Fios in a heart beat!!! At the very least, I would be getting HD and not the dumb down HD Comcast puts down their  wire!!!

Regular Contributor

• 

96 Messages

9 years ago

I hear you, I have the X1 service and have to hit up Twitter to find out about the outages because everything is lost when the 'cable goes out' !! I think this forum is just to train ComcastTeds around the nation for the inevitable CSR phone calls they get.

Regular Contributor

• 

96 Messages

9 years ago

You can also voice your displeasure to the Xfinity TV and sports Twitter accts. throw in Foxsports also. Quit a bit of mad customers tweet directly, more publicity then this thread.
I have sent a few in and guess who replies direct messages back? DirectTv reps! No lies. They want Xfinity customers, especially ones upset with
Comcast/Xfinity.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

well with all the grate new stuff xfinity is bringing to nascar with the new app on the x1 and  stuff right off the bat we will miss a practice and miss victory lane becuse it will be on fox sports 2 come on xfinity add fox sports 2 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here