ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

10 years ago

What is really irritating, is check out COMCAST's announcement back on August 15th....

Note the very first paragrah:

"XFINITY customers: FOX Sports 1 and 2, the newest sports networks from FOX, are headed your way. Find out more about the network launches and what sporting events coverage and shows you can expect to see in the FAQs below:"

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/sports/2013/08/15/are-you-ready-for-fox-sports-1-and-2/

So, where is the promised Fox Sports 2 as promised back on Aug. 15th?????

Contributor

• 

220 Messages

10 years ago

@moriconi1 wrote:

- and Barrett Jackson no where to be found. ...

Actually, looking at the TV listings for the rest of this week, it appears that Fox is also showing the Barrett-Jackson Auction on their Fox Business Network (FBN) and their other channels now:

Day 3 - NEW From Scottsdale, Ariz.

Thu 1/16 9:00PM-11:00PM ET -  FBN and FBN HD

Day 4 - LIVE From Scottsdale, Ariz.

Fri 1/17 2:00PM-9:00PM ET - FS1 and FS1HD

Day 4 -  NEW From Scottsdale, Ariz.

Fri 1/17 9:00PM-12:00AM ET - FBN and FBN HD

Day 5 - LIVE From Scottsdale, Ariz. \

Sat 1/18 3:00PM-5:00PM ET - WNYW-DT (Fox 5 NYC)

Day 5 - NEW From Scottsdale, Ariz.

Sat 1/18 5:00PM-12:00AM ET - NatGeo and NatGeo HD

Day 6 - LIVE From Scottsdale, Ariz.

Sun 1/19 5:00PM-7:00PM ET - FS1 and FS1HD

However, I'm missing all of my NASCAR programs that are over on Fox Sports 2 now, and the situation is only going to get worse once the new season starts up next month!

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

Dear Comcast,

I would like to see Fox Sports 2 that was promised last year. It seems that the demand is obviously here, so what is the problem? Can you please give me a date that we might see it here in Indianapolis, IN. I really like watching the auto auctions,  both Mecum and Barrett-Jackson.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

According to the Federal Communications Act, dishes no larger than 3 meters are allowed with very few exceptions. I would check with the lawyer for your Association. Unless there are some obscure provisions, it's a violation of your free speech rights. I live in an area with 2 Associations, and all references to dishes were removed on instructions from lawyer. The only mention is where it can be placed so it's not an eyesore.

Now that Comcast owns NBC, it bet they carry every NBC channel known to mankind.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

So today I'm looking for Fox Sports 2 to watch a specific program and it's nowhere to be found. I come to this Forum to try and find some answers and now I've found I'm not the only one with this complaint. After a rate increase to almost $200.00 a month for Comcast Triple Play, shouldn't I be able to watch the Fox Sports 2 channel? What's up with that Comcast?: I guess as soon as my contract expires next year I'll be looking for a different service provider. THANKS COMCAST!!!!!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Where's our Fox Sports 2 already?

Unhappy race fan

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Missing much of the Daytona Rolex race because Comcast won't provide Fox Sports 2 - guess we'll have to go over to our friends' house - they have FIOS - FIOS is starting to look like a better option at this point!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

As you can read from Comcast's non-commital, neutered and re-warmed PR statement - they have no near-term interest in offering FS2 to subscribers.  The reason was already noted by an earlier poster:  Until existing Comcast customers quit Comcast service giving lack of FS2 as their stated reason - there is no gain to Comcast's bottom line.

As a Comcast customer - you aren't worth giving FS2 to - unless you quit.

I will have to watch Rolex series racing tomorrow at my neighbor's house.  They have FiOS.  Lets see how much they pay and what kind of deal FiOS will cut me.

The problem with Comcast is that you are only valuable and your needs valued - until they have your account.  They there is no-one home at Comcast.

Comcast - we hear you loud and clear.

Contributor

• 

59 Messages

10 years ago

WE WANT FOX SPORTS 2 IN ATLANTA!!!! 

Just looked at guide today.... Now the FA cup and MOST of Champions League matches are being played on FOX Sports 2! ;-( Woman Sad  Man Sad  

All those who had hopes of more soccer on FS1 are let down completely. It's 50% FOX's fault since they could put most CL matches on FS1 but they aren't... instead we have hours of fighting BS, which stinks.

FOX has BLOWN their opportunity to offer the soccer properties they still own in an exciting and engaging manner — instead they keep giving us less and less. What happened to FOX SOCCER Daily? If Comcast would please give us FS2 it would be much better...  but they won't. 

NBC is going to DOMINATE international soccer viewing with its superior offerings and coverage. Why couldn't FOX take the same approach to The FA Cup and Champion's League by showing all the matches? We'll never know, and now they are losing share every day! They have made a bet on German Soccer - but they are going to loose all the soccer fans they have before it ever makes it onto the air. 

Contributor

• 

59 Messages

10 years ago

WE WANT FOX SPORTS 2 IN ATLANTA!!!! 

Just looked at guide today.... Now the FA cup and MOST of Champions League matches are being played on FOX Sports 2! ;-(

All those who had hopes of more soccer on FS1 are let down completely. It's 50% FOX's fault since they could put most CL matches on FS1 but they aren't... instead we have hours of fighting BS, which stinks.

FOX has BLOWN their opportunity to offer the soccer properties they still own in an exciting and engaging manner — instead they keep giving us less and less. What happened to FOX SOCCER Daily? If Comcast would please give us FS2 it would be much better...  but they won't. 

NBC is going to DOMINATE international soccer viewing with its superior offerings and coverage. Why couldn't FOX take the same approach to The FA Cup and Champion's League by showing all the matches? We'll never know, and now they are losing share every day! They have made a bet on German Soccer - but they are going to loose all the soccer fans they have before it ever makes it onto the air. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

Update...is Comcast still ignoring those who pay the bill....like the customer So WHAT channel is FS2

Regular Contributor

• 

96 Messages

10 years ago

Comcast does not have FS2 in SF bayarea also, total sht for what you pay for. I will be watching the 24hr on IMSA.com thru my smart tv. Only way for the race.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Watching the 24 hours of Daytona and just now realized the next segment is on Fox 2. We don't get that here in Indy. Figures...

I would even pay extra for it, but I don't have the option unless I go to Dish network. Comcast, do you want me to go to Dish network?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

When can we expect Fox Sports 2 and MAVTV? This is a problem. I just called Comcast customer service. They had never heard of either. What a pain, now I have to shop for a new service provider.

Problem Solver

• 

375 Messages

10 years ago

I'm not a big racing fan, but  apparently you can watch a live in-car stream of the race here:  http://stream.speedtv.com/rolex24

No commentary, but interesting.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here