ebl11's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 21st, 2013 7:00 AM

Closed

Fox Sports 2

As a NASCAR fan, I was afraid that I would not be able to see the same racing events that I used to see on Speed when they rebranded the channel this past weekend.  I was just proven correct.  I now won't be able to see the Whelan Modified race that is airing on FoxSports 2 from Bristol tonight as Comcast doesn't have Fox Sports 2 in the channel lineup.  I was able to watch it last year when it was on Speed.

I strongly encourage Comcast to rectify this situation and add Fox Sports 2 to the lineup.  If I can't watch the things I want to watch because the channel isn't available, then I'm going to look for a cable provider who can provide it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Bump. NSCS qualifying Talladega on FS2? They know Comcast customers are left out. Obvious that Fox has no interest in Motorsports. See the bottom of their home page. Columns on MLB, NFL,NHL, NCAA. Little Nascar link. Tell Fox you want Nascar back.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

11 years ago

Contact at Comcast: Tom Karinshak 800 266 2278
Contact at FS2: David Harris (call main number and quickly ask for him) 310 369 1000

Latest excuse by Tom, think he is a Sr. vP is that Fox won't release FS2 to them......
David Harris at Fox said he'd look into it and get back with me, so far....not a word. BUT if anyone wants to call, wanted to post contacts & their numbers.
Unbelievable! We can't see Talladega Qualifying on Comcast. It definitely seems will get worse from here on out. Next, will be qualifying for Daytona 500.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

11 years ago

Yes with me being a admin for a Nascar Chat Room and not having the channel they are qualifying on it makes it hard to know what is going on!

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

11 years ago

Philadelphia, PA and Los Angeles, CA – Comcast Corporation and Fox Networks (FN) announced today that they have reached an agreement for a new distribution pact to deliver Fox Broadcasting’s (FOX) and Fox Television Stations’ (FTS) wide array of entertainment, sports and local news content to Comcast Xfinity TV customers across televisions, computers, smartphones, tablets, gaming consoles and internet-enabled televisions. The renewal supports the companies’ mutual goal to deliver the most popular video content to customers across multiple platforms.

The agreement provides video service to nearly 22 million Xfinity TV customers of both live and on demand programming from 20 FTS broadcast stations (13 Fox and 7 MyNet) as well as FX, FX Movie Channel, SPEED, FUEL TV, FOX Soccer, National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo Wild, MundoFox, Fox Deportes, and Fox Business Network.

SO...where is my Fuel TV/FS2?

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks Racing Girl for getting the numbers. I plan on calling tomorrow and see if I get the same story. If more of us call maybe we will get some action (doubtful) I wonder if the reason Fox won't release is because Comcast won't pay the ask for fees?

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

11 years ago

Tom Karinshak is full of "expletive deleted".

Comcast signed an agreement on Feb 12, 2013 with Fox to carry FS1 & FS2, that means they are paying FOX for the rights to broadcast those channels. Look it up.

This is what truly aggravates me, the disingenuous statements from the people at comcast. They issued a press release telling everyone what they did and now they're telling us that Fox won't let them carry it. I'm sure Fox is completely against having 30 million more viewers for their product.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

When will FoxSports2 be available on Comcast???  Why is it not available now???

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I suppose NASCAR sponsors are aware of the situations and I'd bet they are pi$$ed.  Have a great day,  B

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I agree.  We live in the Northeast and are big motorsports fans.  My husband and I have been trying to get an answer out of Comcast since August and nobody can give us the same response twice.  We never got Fuel TV and do not get Fox Sports 2.  We miss Speed, it was one-stop motorsports, you could watch the Monster Energy series, Whelan Modifieds, Truck races, sports car, major endurance events soup to nuts.  Now that Fox Sports 1 is essentially ESPN-lite all of these series and events have been dumped on Fox Sports 2.  None of my family across the country get this channel.  UVerse offers the channel but it's not in our area.  I'd pay more money to switch to Dish or Direct to get the service that Comcast should be providing.  My husband called again Monday and is still waiting for a call back.  I 'chatted' with an agent today who told me that it was being broadcast in my area but that it would be some time before I could actually receive it.  She then told me that it would be on the same channel that Speed used to be on, and then, when I told her that's where Fox Sports 1 is being broadcast, she told me that they had no date or information as to when or if they would carry Fox Sports 2.  They don't know what it even is.  Service is a joke.  Very close to ditching them.

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

I live in the sticks (Denver CO) about 2 million people in the metro area so I guess we're not worthwhile to the bean counters at fox and comcast. Plus we only have one Sprint Cup Series Car here, which by the way is in the chase. We've all been dupped and maybe the thing to do is contact NASCAR. Who knows, maybe they can press the issue with these two duds.

fanfeedback@nascar.com

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

11 years ago

Ive come to the decision that come the end of this racing season and before the start of Monster Energy Supercross on January 4th that if Comcast doesnt offer/provide FS2 that I will be jumping ship to @DirectTV.  Ive had enought of this BS and non response, Comcast never offered FuelTV and they will never offer FS2 from what I gather.  my countdown clock has just started, so long Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

Sorry to hear you're in the mix too. I did follow my own advise and sent an email to NASCAR asking for their help. Here's the email:

OK it's me again and I must say I haven't been the least bit kind to you all but we, the viewers in the US, need your support to get Comcast and Fox to get together and offer Fox Sports 2 to those of us who do not receive FS2. I would imagine your many sponsors would be concerned that we are lucky to get 1/2 the shows and information that we used to get from Speed TV. I am in Denver CO where we have a metro area of around 2 million people. No it's not NYC or LA but we still love our racing and deserve adequate programming here.

Thank you for your time and any assistance you might be able supply,

I don't know if it'll help but we'll see.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

11 years ago

I am in the pacific NW and we don't count either. I've called several times and requested and it's like blowing in the wind. Comcast has said that Fox won't release FS 2. I bet it is because Comcast won't pay the fees Fox wants. I'm also on the countdown. I'm giving Comcast I until February 1 to get their act together.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

NASCAR is paid, either directly or indirectly, by the sponsors.  NAPA pulled out of NASCAR just because of that deal at Richmond?    I'm not so sure.  They lost a ton of advertising by Comcast not carrying several events (FS2 qualifying, etc).  Something to think about. Have a great day,  B25 

Regular Contributor

• 

148 Messages

11 years ago

Robob, you are asking in the wrong place.  Nobody here except us customers, or soon to be former customers.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here