J

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 11th, 2022 8:51 PM

Closed

"Fox News channel" not working correctly

For several months, I have noticed that there are intermittent glitches of both audio and video on the HD channels of the Fox News Channel.  I use TiVo DVRs with CableCards from Xfinity.  All other channels are OK and do not seem to have this same problem.  The problem seemed to have stopped altogether for about 10 days, and as of yesterday has started again.  I have already had Xfinity techs come out to my house and run new coax from the pole to my house, from the box where the coax comes in from the pole to each of my TVs, and swap out the CableCards on all three of my TiVo DVRs.  The exact same problem persists on just the HD channels of Fox News Channel.  At this point, I am convinced that the problem is not on the hardware/cabling level at my house.  In the event that the problem is upstream from me (i.e. between Fox News Channel and Xfinity, or between wherever the signal emanates from at Xfinity to my house), what would be the troubleshooting process?  The intermittent glitches are infrequent (on average, once every 2 minutes or so), and as it is only on certain channels, some might think it nitpicky and worth just accepting, but at over $180/month for the service I am paying for (especially in an era where so many are cutting the cord), I would imagine that Xfinity would make an extraordinary effort to retain the remaining paying customers they do still have and ensure that their signal was flawless.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

For what it's worth, have this same problem and have noticed that live function does display on TV but if you record you can then watch the program from beginning to end.  Not using TiVo DVRs just Xfinity xFI DVR.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 years ago

Hi, @juanfm11. Thanks for the details on what has happened so far! We definitely want to make sure this gets a permanent fix and i see the area has some work going on right now. I am going to keep an eye on it and once it is resolved I will check back and see how the Fox channel is doing and take more steps if needed. 

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

2 years ago

Hey @juanfm111, just checking back on you to make sure your services have fully recovered from the service interruptions in the area, is all meeting expectations? Just let you know, our team is here to help ensure this is fully resolved for you!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue for me, frustrating.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I live in Sterling, Virginia and I have the same issues with intermittent glitches. Today is particularly bad. It did not happen before, it started being really bad since the beginning of February, 2022. Is Xfinity going to fix it or not? I am paying $176 a month. This is unacceptable.

Official Employee

• 

982 Messages

Hello, @Cristinashepard! We apologize for the trouble with your service. We are happy to look further into this and troubleshoot to get this resolved for you. We'll need to get your name and address through Direct Message to assist. We look forward to your message. 

To start a Direct Message: Click "Sign in" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Writing from New Mexico. Last several days FNC has been totally worthless. Terrible signal. Choppy reception cannot be understood. This only happens with FNC and has been going on intermittently for several years. Never have seen a good answer from Xfinity/Comcast people. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_dbfa16. We are happy to help with the channel. I have been watching it, am in WA, and have not noticed any issues with the signal. It has been coming through great. Are you accessing the channel on a cable box or through the Stream app? Have you tried the Refresh or Reset signal? If you have, does that help or does the issue just persist?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am seeing the same issue with FNC only. They try a system reset, same result. Now they are sending a service tech, even though I do not believe the issue is hardware related. Very frustrating. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I’m in Northern Virginia have seen the same issue intermittently with Fox News channel only

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

It is happening right now in Washington State.. has been off since yesterday.. did it last week too.. What is going on?? 

Official Employee

• 

972 Messages

@user_52d0df, Thank you for reaching out to us on Xfinity Community Forums. Are you still having issues with Fox News? Please let us know, so we can take a closer look and run through some troubleshooting steps if needed. 

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

Same problem here in Albuquerque area. Been going on for months. Has anyone seen this fixed for them?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here