Antis's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 10th, 2024 6:58 AM

Closed

Fixed - Is NHK World Japan gone from Denver channel 1152?

Update: All fixed now. I contacted pbs12.org and here's what they had to say. I also confirmed that NHK World Japan is back on 1152 for me.

Hello,
Thank you for contacting PBS12!  There was a routing error which caused the problem and has since been fixed.  We apologize for the delay/inconvenience!

----

I've watched NHK World Japan in Denver on channel 1152 for years. I know it's a KBDI subchannel (local PBS). But tonight all of a sudden channel 1152 is showing the same content as another KBDI channel, 1012. It's probably a carriage agreement thing, whatever, sure. I'm just looking for an explanation of what happened, and I'm wondering if this is a permanent change. How do I get NHK World Japan back, or is it just somewhere on a different channel now?

1 Message

8 months ago

Iv'e been watching NHK over the air on 12.4 for years, and starting yesterday, that channel is also showing all the same content at the other KBDI channel 12.1.  So something is up, Im hoping its just a transmission issue from Japan to USA and they resolve it soon.  Looking forward to the January Sumo tournament.  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I went to pbs12.org last night and used their Contact Us form to send an email asking about it. They wrote me back this morning. Here's what they said.

Hello,
Thank you for contacting PBS12!  There was a routing error which caused the problem and has since been fixed.  We apologize for the delay/inconvenience!

I checked just now (6:15pm Denver, Jan. 10th) and NHK is back on 1152, just as they told me. I'm looking forward to the January tournament, too!

Official Employee

• 

921 Messages

Hello @user_15uchn@Antis mentioned things are looking to be back to normal. Are you also seeing the same?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here