arunp1783's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, August 8th, 2023 6:10 PM

Closed

Fire Stick 4K Max compatibly with Xfinity XR15v2-UQ Remote Input Button

I recently purchased two Fire Stick 4K Max devices for my two Samsung Smart TVs. The first one Plug and Play no issues. I can select the Fire Stick HDMI option via the Input Button on the Xfinity XR15v2-UQ remote. (Each TV has it's own Xfinity remote). 

The second Samsung SmartTV (btw - all the HDMI ports are functional as I tested each). The Fire Stick is recognized when I press the Input button on the Xfinity remote. However, when I try to select it, I get rerouted back to Xfinity cable. Now using the Samsung TV remote Input Button, I am able to select and run the Fire Stick. But that just seems like an unnecessary step and hassle. 

Hoping someone has a resolution for this.

Thanks in advance.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 year ago

... when I try to select it, I get rerouted back to Xfinity cable. ...

On some sets selecting an input and pausing for a few seconds will change to that input. If yours doesn't work that way you won't be able to use a Comcast remote to select inputs on your set or any other TV that requires the user to press an Enter or Select or OK key to actually change the input. They've made the unfortunate decision to send such signals to cable boxes, but not to TV sets.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@BruceW​ 

That seems strange. I understand the pause as you’re selecting the input.  That’s exactly how it works on the first tv.  That’s also how it worked with other peripherals on the second tv.  But with the fire stick I’m not getting the pause.  Aside from the Samsung tv model.  Everything else is the same.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @arunp1783 thank you so much for contacting our Xfinity Support Team over our Forums. Have you by any chance attempted to factory reset the TV and then attempt this again?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here