jl747's profile

Contributor

• 

339 Messages

Tuesday, December 12th, 2023 10:30 PM

Closed

FETV warning

Been seeing a warning that FETV may get disconnected from Xfinity. (Chicago area)

I then found this https://www.keepfetv.com/

Has anyone else seen this?

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

9 months ago

Yes, I saw this warning in Crown Point, IN.  The station stopped broadcasting on 12/27/23 for approximately 12+ hours and it was back up and broadcasting this morning when I checked at around 10 am.  Glad to see it back.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@user_75451c​ Please continue to provide us with FETV.  Like the idea of wholesome shows.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

I urge Comcast to continue carrying FETV. I watch Perry Mason and Leave it to Beaver on FETV.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello @nwmrktlaura, those are awesome classics, so I completely understand where you're coming from. We always work on making sure our channel lineups provide the best service and dynamic content, so you're definitely heard. Other than this network concern, did you have any other service questions that I could help with? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

9 months ago

I saw the warning and request to call Comcast last night, 12/28/23 in Corvallis, Oregon.  I called the number today, but Comcast corporate closed early for the New Year Holiday and there was no way to leave a message.  I guess I will have to try after the holiday, but that may be too late.  News items I read today said that Comcast might drop FETV if the contracts can't be resolved by 12/31/23.  From what I read, apparently Comcast wants FETV to pay them to keep the channel.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_klskrissy. We can share your feedback from here on any potential loss of any service. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

9 months ago

I'm happy to see the continued presence of FETV still broadcasting especially after watching the shows Emergency 51 and Barney Miller tonight.  However, I find it unjust for Comcast Xfinity to consider eliminating free channels while raising my monthly bill by an additional $12.00. Out of this amount, $8.00 is allocated for my TV package and broadcasting fees.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

Xfinity- Will we see a decrease in our bill as we’ve lost a popular channel?

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@user_63e13b​ Don't hold your breath!

1 Message

9 months ago

FETV is no longer available in my area. What with that?

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

can't wait to see what other wholesome channels they will be deleting from our channel line-up.  

Official Employee

• 

863 Messages

@user_wzn7kg We apologize for any inconvenience, and we are working with FETV’s distributor to reach an agreement that gives customers the content they want at a reasonable price. We can't make any promises, but are trying. 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@user_75451c​  Probably Great American Family is next.  Comcast is a very left woke company, they hate traditional America.

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

9 months ago

I just checked and I see the channel has been disconnected.

"This channel is no longer available. - Xfinity"

So, what other channels are we paying for that will be disconnected?

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

9 months ago

It's gone!  FeTV is gone!  Thanks for nothing Xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us on our forums @GaryB007! We apologize for any frustration or inconvenience this has caused. At this time we are working with FETV’s distributor to reach an agreement that gives customers the content they want at a reasonable price.

1 Message

9 months ago

Xfinity is playing hard to get regarding FETV since their Chatbot won’t address the issue and they won’t answer phone calls. Suggest deducting money ($10/month) or dropping them. Cut the cord!

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @user_3ysnd2. I know programming changes can be frustrating when it involves one of your favorite channels. We are always working with networks to carry content, but things can change. You can read more about programming changes here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-programming-contract-renewals

Contributor

• 

384 Messages

9 months ago

My household is very upset over the loss of FeTV. Thanks a lot Comcast! 

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

@Biff-Tannon, we know how important your favorite programs are, one thing I am certain of is we have a great history of making extra efforts to maintain the networks our customers enjoy.

1 Message

9 months ago

As of today I tried to access fetv here in Illinois, and there's something on the screen that says fetv is no longer available and it's signed xfinity. This was very vicious of them.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@user_1ruqys, I get it, I have my own go-to channels that I really enjoy, so I would be looking for answers as well. We always make sure to take a measured approach with our channel lineups, but I don't have a way to get this added for you. We consider many options based on our customers' diverse interests and offering a wide variety of quality channels that everyone enjoys. Other than this particular network, were you having any other issues with your service, or any other lineup concerns? 

1 Message

9 months ago

Xfinity, bring back FETV!  Will may bill be less since you are now offering one less channel? It should be!!!  From what I am reading, FETV was a free channel.  So why would Xfinity remove it.  

5 Messages

They also “stole INSP”. I have 125 channel package for an agreed to price. Now xfinity takes away 2 channels and there’s no reimbursement or replacement? Where’s the 125 channels. You still call it the 125 channel package. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

9 months ago

Comcast execs have really done it again by removing a family entertainment station, FETV.  They raised prices and then removed this favorable station.  Why?  This station had the most entertaining programs which are better than the newer programs on other stations [even if they are old].  Seems to me that the older shows are better than the newer ones.  Anyone agree?  Let's get together and have Comcast add FETV back into the lineup.

5 Messages

I’ve called the corporate office as well as customer service. They first took away INSP now FETV with no price credits. They agreed to 125 channels which included these 2 for a set monthly rate yet now these 2 are gone for the same rate! I doubt if they care what a few thousand customers say. It’s a money grab. Only solution is go with another provider. I’m thinking of T-Mobile internet with sling tv. Cheaper and they have these 2 channels 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_hvit8i We apologize for any inconvenience. Every contract includes certain channels and services at a fixed price for a certain period of time. During the term of the contract, specific channels may be added, changed or removed for a variety of reasons, including the launch of popular new channels or changes in the popularity of existing channels.
I am sorry for how this channel change has made you feel. Your mentioned INSP I believe this channel was moved to our more sports and entertainment package. I have a link from our website which shows all the channels included in all three lineups where you compare them side by side https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/id11-channel-lineup/. 

5 Messages

INSP was moved to money grab for and ADDITIONAL $10 as we both know it. So we all fled to FETV now you’ve stolen it. My package still says 125 channels. You have not replaced nor given any credit for the stolen 2 channels. You have also RAISED FEES. That’s 3 strikes. I assume you’ve crunched the numbers and it was worth losing a few thousand more subscribers doing this. You are bleeding subscribers daily and in the long run you will realize money grab and price gouging never pays off in the end. You will regret this 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_hvit8i I will share your concerns about the channel changes and fees.  In some cases, certain factors such as licensing or contract agreements prevent us from carrying particular television episodes, series, or even channels.

Contributor

• 

339 Messages

9 months ago

I've search to for alternatives. There is also Philo. That maybe an option. Will wait to see what happens.

Contributor

• 

339 Messages

9 months ago

I received the following from FETV.

It's amazing that they can remove a channel that does not charge them for carriage.

"Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, our channel has been removed from Comcast in the Chicago region, despite the fact that we are free to Comcast. [Edited: "Solicitation"]"

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here