seattle4sports's profile

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

Thursday, March 25th, 2021 12:30 AM

Closed

ESPN+

This has been asked before but when will ESPN+ be added to the X1 box. 

Disney and Comcast announced together last fall that ESPN+ and Disney+ would be added in the first quarter of 2021 which is ending next week. There is a message on the X1 box that Disney+  is coming and that we will be notified when it will be added but nothing on ESPN+ so when can we expect the message that ESPN+ is coming. 

I know that technical issues can caused delays and if that is the case here it would be good customer service for Comcast to announce that there will be a delay in adding ESPN+ and if there is a delay what the new tentative timeline is and if there is no new tentative timeline tell us that but don't keep your customers in the dark.     

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

The ESPN app offers live and On Demand content from ESPN, ESPN+. ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNews, ESPNU, ESPN Deportes, LHN, SECN, and SEC+ channels on Xfinity Flex streaming devices.

Note: The ESPN app is available on Xfinity Flex and eligible X1 TV Boxes.

ESPN+ offers streaming access to live sporting events, original content and shows, and an On Demand library of past sporting events, documentaries and other features, as well as ESPN+ originals from top sports figures including Peyton’s Places with Peyton Manning, Better Days with Mike Greenberg, Detail with Vince Carter, Ariel & The Bad Guy with Ariel Helwani and more. With ESPN+, you can watch thousands of events from MLB, NHL, MLS, Serie A, FA Cup, Top Rank Boxing, top college sports and more.

How to Access the ESPN App on Xfinity Flex

Content within the ESPN app can be accessed three different ways:

1. ESPN3 and select On Demand clips are free and don’t require a subscription or ESPN TV service.
  2. If ESPN is part of your Xfinity TV service, you'll have access to ESPN content (including live ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPN3, SEC+, etc. channels along with On Demand content) through the ESPN app on Xfinity Flex streaming devices. You'll just need to enter your Xfinity ID and password for the TV Provider credentials.
  3. ESPN+ content is a subscription streaming service offered by ESPN. You must have a subscription to ESPN+ to watch ESPN+ content. If you are an ESPN+ subscriber, you'll also be able to purchase select pay per view content offered through ESPN+.

To access the ESPN app, you’ll need:

• A compatible streaming device with Xfinity Flex service.
  • Xfinity Internet service (any level).
  • ESPN as part of your Xfinity TV service (for ESPN content in the app).
  • A subscription to ESPN+ (for ESPN+ content).

Watch the ESPN app on Xfinity Flex

1. Open the ESPN app. If you select certain ESPN, ESPN2, or other content within the app, you may see a message to visit a URL on-screen and sign in with your TV Provider credentials.
  2. To watch ESPN+ content, you’ll need to click on an ESPN+ show or event within the ESPN+ tab.
  3. With your remote, choose subscribe or log in. 
  4. From here, you can:
    • Or create an account by visiting the on-screen URL.
  5. Follow the prompts on your computer, laptop or mobile device to sign up for an ESPN+ subscription service.

Watch ESPN+ on a Flex Streaming Device

1. Open the ESPN app. If you select certain ESPN, ESPN2, or other content within the app, you may see a message to visit a URL to activate the app.
  2. To watch ESPN+ content, you’ll need to click on an ESPN+ show or event within the ESPN+ tab.
  3. With your remote, choose subscribe or log in.
  4. From here, you can:
    • Or create an account. If you don't have an account, you'll see a message to visit an on-screen URL.
      • Follow the prompts on your computer, laptop or mobile device to sign up for an ESPN+ subscription service.
      • Please note that you will have the option to sign up for ESPN+ as an individual subscription, or for the Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu bundle. For more information, please visit https://www.disneyplus.com/welcome/disney-hulu-espn-bundle

FAQS

Why can't I access the ESPN app on my X1 TV Box?
The ESPN app isn’t currently available on Xfinity X1 TV Boxes; however, it’ll be available over the coming weeks.

I don't have Xfinity TV but I have Xfinity Internet. Can I access the ESPN app?
Yes, but only if you have a Xfinity Flex streaming device. Please note that some content in the ESPN app requires either an ESPN+ subscription or for ESPN to be part of your TV service.

Do I need to sign up or sign in to use ESPN+?
You need to sign up for or sign into an ESPN+ subscription in order to access ESPN+ content within the ESPN app.

To start a new ESPN+ subscription, you can initiate sign up directly in the ESPN app on Xfinity Flex. The app will provide an activation code to enter along with an on-screen URL to complete the activation process.

Can I order ESPN+ through Xfinity?
No. However, you can initiate signing up for a subscription to ESPN+ through the ESPN app on Xfinity Flex. Once you subscribe, you can watch your ESPN+ content through the ESPN app on Flex.

How do I manage my existing ESPN+ subscription?
Manage your subscription online at https://plus.espn.com.

How much does ESPN+ cost?
ESPN+ has various plans and bundling options. For more information and pricing details, visit https://plus.espn.com.

Note: Billing is directly through ESPN+ and not through Xfinity.

I forgot my ESPN+ username or password. How do I find my username or reset my password?
Please visit the ESPN Help Center to recover your username or reset your password.

Is the ESPN app in HD?
Yes.

Is the ESPN app in 4K?
No.

Does watching content in the ESPN app, including ESPN+, count against my monthly Internet data usage?
Yes, content is streamed over the Internet, and will count towards your monthly data usage.

How do I block access to the ESPN app (includes ESPN+)?
There are two ways you can set parental controls for the ESPN app:

• Lock TV-MA content under Settings > Parental Controls > TV Rating Locks. Once locked, a Parental Control PIN is required before you can access the app.
  • You can block access to the ESPN app using an Application Lock

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @seattle4sports. Thank you for your interest in seeing the Disney+ and ESPN+ apps added to X1. I am excited about that as well since I have UFC fans in the house. I am showing that we are still slated to start rolling these apps out to the boxes by the end of March. The updates are typically cascaded so it may be a bit before you see it. I saw the HBO Max rollout happening but at my home, it was about 2-3 weeks after it began before I was able to use it. The apps will come through in one of the nightly updates. 

Contributor

• 

137 Messages

3 years ago

It’s up and working on my TVs. Yay and thank you Xfinity! 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled ESPN+ is here!

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

I saw that it was added today and I have subscribed for the next year. It took long enough but at least it is here. 

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

@Nashman12South @seattle4sports @Microphone So glad you guys got your ESPN+ and are happy!

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here