fiero44's profile

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

Thu, Sep 2, 2021 6:08 PM

ESPN to ESPN2 Voice Remote Questionj

I have X1 internet and digital cable and live in the Mpls/StPaul area. In our area ESPN is channel 202 and ESPN2 is channel 203. I have a DVR box in the family room and 2 separate HD boxes in the bedrooms. When I use the voice remote and say ESPN the TV will go to ESPN2 on 203 instead of 202. This problem occurs on each of the separate boxes. All other voice commands go to the correct channels. I have tried unplugging to reset each of the boxes with no help. If I say 202 into the voice remote it goes to ESPN correctly. Anyone have any ideas related to this problem or have you experienced anything like it? Thank you in advance for any input

dcfox

Contributor

• 

382 Messages

2 m ago

Same thing recently in 17512 Zip. Started past wee or so. 

(edited)

fiero44

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

Thanks for the response. I was hoping I wasn't alone. I assume others may have this problem also but just haven't noticed ..   Not sure where 1712 Zip is but thanks again ... This started up about a week ago for me also ...   

Official Employee

• 

338 Messages

I do want to thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out through our Forums Channel. We appreciate your signing up to be a part of the Comcast family, and I want to be sure we can get everything figured out for you with your service. Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon! 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
fiero44

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

Accepted answer . Thanks for your assistance

Official Employee

• 

476 Messages

@fiero44, thank you for working with me and finding that workaround for the time being. I'm happy that by saying "ESPN1" your voice command goes to the correct channel. It was a pleasure working with you, and I hope you have a great rest of your week. Thank you for sharing your time with me and being so cool throughout our conversation. If you should ever have any questions down the road please feel free to create a new post. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here