U

Tuesday, June 4th, 2024 3:30 PM

Espn not working correctly yet again

Espn keeps freezing, it's the only channel that does this. I've done all the resets 3 times and still no changes. Every other channel is fine, on demand is fine, watching recordings is fine. It's simply espn that suddenly won't work correctly.  It's also the channel I watch the most.  Been a platinum customer for over 25 years now, why is this happening?  Month after month afrer month this happens for no reason at all.  What really going on and why does thus continue to happen?  I need answers and I need it fixed. Once again, I've reset the box 3 times and I've reset my entire system 3 times so no I will not reset it again. It doesn't help this problem . This needs to fixed once and for all

1 Message

5 months ago

I live in South Bend and am having the same problem - only the ESPN channels. All the others work fine.

2 Messages

@user_a8u215​ oh wow your's is ALL the espn channels?  Mine was simply just the flagship og espn.  I went through the Xfinity app trying to get it fixed that way and obviously nothing changed after I waited two full hours while they tried to "diagnose and fix the problem."  Nothing was fixed at all... so then I called in and had to explain the issue to 3 different representatives as I was passed around, always having to be re identified despite going through that whole process with every rep I talked to. It's always a full day ordeal trying to get them to do anything, and it's NEVER EVER fixed in the first attempt, which makes it all the more frustrating cause you know you're going to have to go through the whole process at least twice if not even more times than that.  

Finally a rep told me they would fix it on their end and send me a text in 2 hours at which point I should pull the plug on my box and the restart it.  This was the same exact thing the app chat 

bot claimed they were doing and it didn't work at all with them. So two hours later I got the text again saying to restart the box and it would work.  To my surprise it actually did work that time.  I don't know what was different about talking to the real human over the app chat bot they make everyone go through the first time; but finally it does work. 

thank goodness because I need my espn, even if it's just on as background noise, or I lose my mind lol

Official Employee

• 

855 Messages

user_a8u215 Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

5 months ago

Seems like since they changed to xumo box they are have issues system wide, they make millions while we have to pay our bill on time and no compensation for their errors! 

1 Message

2 months ago

I have the same issue, what is up with ESPN

1 Message

Having the same problem right now. 

Official Employee

• 

855 Messages

user_475k7g Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here