lm21's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, December 10th, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

Discover Plus

Will there be an extra chage on my bill for DiscoverPlus. My current plan gets all the programs mentioned in Discover plus advertising

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

4 years ago

Yea I don't understand why some people think this is a Xfinity problem. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

We subscribe to Discovery Plus but can't access it on our Flex. Is there an app in the works?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

@green-willow
There’s isn’t one. Nothing has been announced yet.

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Xfinity is not dropping Discovery, Food Network or HGTV.

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Spinning off what channels? Comcast pays a fee to include channels in their line up. Discovery simply is no longer making some programming available on the channels Comcast carries. Look at what is available on Peacock vs what’s available through channels or in the “on demand” offerings on xfinity.

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

No, they are staying but one can already see limitations on what programming is on the linear channel and what is available on-demand with your Xfinity subscription. They are moving quite a few new shows and content to Discovery plus only so it is only available streaming directly through their service.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Discovery + is taking all the popular content out of the regular channel offering and leaving Comcast users with the leftover garbage no one watches. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Not true. Mny of the more popular shows are being pulled off of the regular offering to force you to buy Discovery+ separately. Poor negotiating job by Comcast.

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

4 years ago

@frankWainwright wrote:

Not true. Mny of the more popular shows are being pulled off of the regular offering to force you to buy Discovery+ separately. Poor negotiating job by Comcast.

It is Discovery doing it, nothing to negotiate. Xfinity may have an app for it in the future like Netflix,  Prime and Hulu for it but you would still have to pay for it. 

Contributor

• 

122 Messages

4 years ago

All those Discovery channels still run commercials, don't they?  If people stop watching those channels, they won't be able to sell those commercials, or won't be able to charge so much for them.  So stop watching those channels.  Hit them in the pocket book.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

@marcos46228
I’d expect nothing done, Comcast has no control over content, just the network being there. As a consumer, let Discovery know how you feel

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

What if anything does comcast plan to do about all the exiting discovery channels programs that have been removed from cable and put on discovery plus streaming? There are several of these programs I have enjoyed that are no longer available . These shows are about half of what I dvr.I for one am paying enough for comcast and refuse to pay $4.99 a month for programs that up to now were on comcast.Will you reduce the price of your service since I am not longer able to watch these shows if you are not willing to forvce discovery Inc. to return these to cable line up???

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Why would Discovery care?

Contributor

• 

76 Messages

4 years ago

This is kinda bothering me. I've noticed fewer new shows on ID channel that are going to Discovery+. I pay for Comcast service to watch my shows and I don't want to pay for an additional streaming service. Can Comcast exec's talk to the Discovery exec's and plead on its customers behalf to keep original programming on Comcast for long time loyal customers? Please?😀

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

How do I access Discovery Plus ? I can't find it anywhere!!!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here