lm21's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, December 10th, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

Discover Plus

Will there be an extra chage on my bill for DiscoverPlus. My current plan gets all the programs mentioned in Discover plus advertising

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

I just spoke with a rep about it a couple of days ago and it won't be available until the end of 2021, no specific date, and they will charge extra for the channel. Disney + will be added in Feb and they will charge an additional fee for it also, so I don't see the point in getting either one of them from Comcast. Might as well get them on your own.
_______
@cab3686
It’s more for billing convenience, like Netflix, Prime, it doesn’t matter where the subscription comes from

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I did get it from Discovery+, not through Comcast. I added it to my Roku devices. I wouldn't pay Comcast for it, but they have voice control to Netflix and Prime already which you have to have a subscription for. All I was trying to say is that it would be nice if eventually you can ask the 'remote' for Discovery+ and get it like the others. You don't pay Comcast any extra for those services either.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

IMHO, it's just another chance to "rip off" the Discover viewers, the programs you like to watch are being rolled into Discover Plus by the Discover Channel. If you want to watch them PAY, if not don't.

That's what boils down too, pay the "Rip Off" or, don't..

Contributor

• 

113 Messages

3 years ago

I can totally understand the righteous anger, because if what you all are saying about first-run episodes of certain shows (not all!) is true, the Discover people seem like slimebags of the first degree.  And I can somewhat understand voicing your anger here at Xfinity, because that's who you are paying to watch these channels.  And if you threaten to cancel Xfinity because of this, perhaps Xfinity can put pressure on Discover to change their policy.  Money talks, and that's where your money is going, at least initially.  But you should also express your anger directly to Discover as well.  Those are the real slimebags, and they deserve to hear about your displeasure directly.  They need to know how what they did now makes you feel.  Maybe they're not really evil, just idiots who don't have a clue.  But if they're not hearing from you directly, they probably don't know that people are upset at them.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

3 years ago

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

3 years ago

We appreciate you asking your question here in the Xfinity Forum, we are happy to help, @Disgruntled_2. That's a good question by the way. This was not a decision that was made by Comcast. We upload the content provided to us by the networks. For content requests, please visit: https://comca.st/3c2MYyy. I hope this helps. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

How do i get the discovery plus banner at the top right to go away.  I am tired of seeing it on the screen

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Is there going to be a reduction in pricing because of the networks and shows moving to Discovery +. No matter how you look at it customers are paying for the channels and programs. Now there's a reduction in service. I'll gladly pay the price for Discovery + if the price of the Xfinity service was also reduced.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

Doubt it, the channels will and are still there and Comcast isn’t responsible for content

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

Quote...

Silver Problem Solver

"Re: Discover Plus

Again. THERE WILL BE NO CHANNELS REMOVED FROM THE CABLE LINEUP!!!! Discovery+ is a SEPARATEstreaming service similar to Disney+, AMC+, HBO Max, etc... All shows currently on the linear channels will remain there. Some newer shows are exclusive to Discovery+."

However, some shows are being removed from HGTV on xfinity like Property Brothers Forever Home and will only be on Discovery+. Plus past shows formerly available on demand are gone and will only be on D+. Just tried to watch old House Hunters...ALL GONE!

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

3 years ago

@David49221  The shows are not being removed by Xfinity, It is discovery removing them. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Very few, if any new episodes from the Discovery channels are airing on regular cable, just on Discovery +.  We are paying for new episodes and now we are getting a few but not all. Seriously frustrating.

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

But they are being removed. Not xfinity’s fault, but xfinity becomes less and less valuable. What’s being offered on demand continues to shrink. Xfinity has a problem and I hope their bigwigs address it and not just point the blame elsewhere even if warranted.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

3 years ago

@Gargyrl37 wrote:

Very few, if any new episodes from the Discovery channels are airing on regular cable, just on Discovery +.  We are paying for new episodes and now we are getting a few but not all. Seriously frustrating.

Complain to Discovery.

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

It’s a problem FOR xfinity. .
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here