U

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Friday, March 19th, 2021 5:43 AM

Closed

cspan3

I recently switched from Uverse to Xfinity (220+ stations). Uverse included CSPAN3 (in addition to CSPAN1 and CSPAN2). I like to watch some of the lectures and special programming that are broadcast on the weekends on CSPAN3. Initially, I was still able to watch CSPAN3 on the internet. Now it tells me my Xfinity subscription does not allow me to watch CSPAN3 even on the internet. This is quite puzzling since COMCAST is I think the largest sponsor ($$$) of CSPAN (which presumably includes CSPAN3). Can anyone shed any light on this issue and whether there is anyone that I can contact at either Xfinity or CSPAN to clarify.............

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

123 Messages

3 years ago

Your package may not include CSPAN3. All come with 1 and 2 but 3 is on the higher tiers. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Re: comc25 response: Thanks for reading my input. However, I do not believe your answer is correct. I currently have X1 PREFERRED PRO+ and briefly had X1 PREMIER PRO+. Neither have CSPAN3. So no package (at least in Sacramento CA region) includes CSPAN3. I have Also not able to access CSPAN3 on internet with either of these levels (which I believe are the highest). Someone at Xfinity/Comcast should look into this!!!! Why was this available on Uverse and is not on Xfinity? If there is someone I contact at Xfinity?

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Additional response to comc25: In an email comment you also indicated that all three cspans are free to users at the cspan site. This is not the case for me. I have no success for CSPAN3 (works fine for CSPAN1 and 2). I get he message back at https://www.c-span.org/networks/?channel=c-span-3 "This is not included in your current television subscription. Please contact your TV provider to subscribe."  However, the links just go to Xfinity site that provides no additional information on how to proceed. I have left messages without response at Xfinity suggestions etc. and today at some CSPAN site (https://www.c-span.org/networks/?channel=c-span-3). There is access to a small assortment of old CSPAN3 videos - but that is not what I am seeking. I also did not receive any useful information trying a chat at Xfinity support.

Contributor

• 

123 Messages

3 years ago

Are you seeing CSPAN3 in your guide?

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

No CSPAN3 is not on my Xfinity guide - only CSPAN1 and CSPAN2.

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

3 years ago

I don't watch C-Span but I said C-Span3 into the voice remote and it is on channel 1130 in my area. Try that or it may not be in your package.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Channel 1130 doesn't exist in Sacramento region of California. Apparently some regions of USA have this channel. So - maybe Xfinity will add if someone complains ......

Contributor

• 

172 Messages

3 years ago

I find it strange that you are unable to access CSPAN 3  .It has always been my impression that the CSPAN channels ( 1, 2, and 3)  were part of all basic ( limited packages) under the  cable must carry rule that also includes all the pubic access channels  we  find on cable.   Cable-Satellite Public Affairs Network is a nonprofit public service  therefore  it is not owned by Comcast or any major network.  According  to the CSPAN  website  " Underpinning this impartial, balanced coverage is the fact that no government or taxpayer dollars support C-SPAN, as we continue to be funded as a public service from your cable or satellite provider." 

CSPAN 1 and 2 has always been carried  a lower tier channels and in recent years with the required  DTA and other boxes  CSPAN 3 was offered as well.  Viacom, Comcast, Disney or other major greedy corporations do not own CSPAN and therefore the monthly contract negotiations where both  Comcast and major networks fight over retransmission rights that later  end up having channels moved to the highest premium tier  CSPAN  would not apply  so maybe a Comcast moderator can comment and settle  this.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Response to stevebpsf: Yes - I have found it strange as well. I believe it must be some regional COMCAST/Xfinity decision since apparently CSPAN3 is available to Xfinity users in other regions (I am in Sacramento region). I will keep trying to find out why CSPAN3 is not available here. In addition, it is no longer even available on CSPAN.org since even using the internet my Xfinity sign-in is only good for CSPAN1 and 2. This changed about 1 week ago. Inexplicable!!

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

3 years ago

Have you tried the voice command, not the channel I said it was on in my area.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks dcfox

Previously and again today I did try voice command. When command is CSPAN3 - I get YouTube CSPAN3 which is just a poor collection of a limited number of old videos of some old CSPAN3 offerings.  Voice for 1130 only results in station 1154 since 1130 (CSPAN3) does not exist in my area. I have tried other support and left Suggestions as indicated on web site (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/channel-availability-faqs). So far - no luck in getting any answers but I will continue to try. Will consider trying to get further direction from corporate COMCAST if I can't make more progress. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi, @! Thank you for your post. I will need to review the channels available in each tier for your region to be 100% certain. I ask that you send me a private message. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner on your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can search for "Xfinity Support" to start composing your message. Please include your first and last name. I'll await your reply.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here