channels are broadcasting in Spanish

audio on some channels are in Spanish

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

@robertsl66 

In most all cases, switching to the SAP feed (Secondary Audio Programming) will change the language or resolve “no audio” issues.

- For customers on our X1 platform: https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-audio-output/

- If you have a DTA (small cable box) and your remote control has a LANG button on it, press it.

- If you have an HD or SD full cable box (non X1 with a blue on-screen guide) :

Press the Menu button twice on the Comcast Universal Remote Control. A new screen below will appear, with the top-left option automatically selected.

Use the down-arrow key (above the Info button) to navigate to Setup and press OK/Select (the center key on the remote control in the middle of the 4 arrow/directional buttons).

Use the down-arrow key (above the Info button) to navigate to Audio setup and press OK/Select.

The Default Audio Track will default to the first option–Channel default–which is always the channel’s main audio track (unless it was previously changed).

Press the right-arrow navigation key to change the audio track. Changing this selection will instantly change the audio.

1. Press once for English 
    2. Press twice for Spanish (Español) OR to activate Video Description (DVS) 
    3. Press three times for French (Français) 
    4. Press four times for Portuguese (Portugues). 
    5. Then press the Exit button (above the Volume button) to resume program viewing

Please note: These audio options can only be heard if the program provider or cable channel is providing that additional audio option.

- If the above does not help, look at the remote control for your TV set (not your cable box) to adjust the TVs language settings (sometimes labeled as MTS or SAP on the remote or via your TVs settings menu).

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Help!  Channels are broadcasting in Spanish.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Check your SAP settings

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I need all channels changed to English.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I need to talk to a person. I can’t understand the instructions🤬.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I need all channels in English.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

@JaneWesterhold  

Apologies for any confusion - for the specific cable boxes listed on your account, below are the instructions: 

Press the Menu button twice on the Comcast Remote Control. A new screen below will appear, with the top-left option automatically selected.

Use the down-arrow key (above the Info button) to navigate to Setup and press OK/Select (the center key on the remote control in the middle of the 4 arrow/directional buttons).

Use the down-arrow key (above the Info button) to navigate to Audio setup and press OK/Select.

The Default Audio Track will default to the first option–Channel default–which is always the channel’s main audio track (unless it was previously changed).

Press the right-arrow navigation key to change the audio track. Changing this selection will instantly change the audio.

1. Press once for English 
    2. Press twice for Spanish (Español) OR to activate Video Description (DVS) 
    3. Press three times for French (Français) 
    4. Press four times for Portuguese (Portugues). 
    5. Then press the Exit button (above the Volume button) to resume program viewing

Please note: These audio options can only be heard if the program provider or cable channel is providing that additional audio option.

- If the above does not help, look at the remote control for your TV set (not your cable box) to adjust the TVs language settings (sometimes labeled as MTS or SAP on the remote or via your TVs settings menu).

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

This does not work.  The default audio track is fixed, with no arrows indicating a click for a change.  The default language does not change no matter which arrow or other button I press.  None of the robotic support selections respond to this issue and none of the chat buttons respond to any click.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello, @user_431953, thank you for reaching out in our forum and running through those troubleshooting steps. I would be pretty upset to have to deal with this audio issue over my weekend, so I can only imagine how you're feeling. I can definitely help you with this and I have your back all the way. In order to get started can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_431953 

I don't know why they don't tell you but the default won't change to English until you change the  setting below it "descriptive video service " to off. Then you can change the default audio track. No one is telling people this. Hope it helps you.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Several channels randomly started playing in Spanish all settings show English however its still playing audio in spanish. We have reset all settings, reset the SAP, updated the box. Nothing has fixed it.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

There are many posts that show how to change the default audio track. But a lot of people can't change the setting. The problem is you first must set the descriptive video service right below it to off. Then you can change to English. Hope this helps people that can't get the setting to change.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_78ce10 yes that did for me, although I just used voice control and searched for "video description" and channel switched back to English

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here