U

Thursday, October 19th, 2023 3:13 PM

Closed

Channel 846 Monumental Sports Network

Hello,

Recently channel 846 rebranded from NBC Sports Washington to Monumental Sports Network.  I live in South Central PA and always watched Capitals games on channel 846.  Even after the current rebranding I had no issues with channel 846.  Starting last night, 10/18, when tuning into channel 846 it only shows a flashing peacock with music.  I tried the channel again this morning and same thing.  The guide shows the channel, but the channel only has a peacock.  Last night when the game was playing I do know someone in Northern VA could watch the game, but others only got the peacock when tuning in.  Does this mean they are removing this channel from certain viewing areas?  

I also have a ticket in with MSN to see what they say.  Thanks.

Matt

1 Message

11 months ago

I have the same issue, it started a few days ago.  I was able to watch the game on the monumental app.  I also live in south central PA.

7 Messages

Yes I watched the game on Friday night on MSN, but last night and today only getting a peacock.  I could get it on my phone by using my Xfinity account.  Trying to find out from Xfinity if channel 846 is only viewable in certain areas, but cannot get an answer.  I also have a ticket opened up with MSN. 

1 Message

Same issue here in Hanover PA.  Has anyone received any information?

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

Hello, @user_sb7mfz. Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums, you have contacted the right place for assistance with the Monumental Sports concern. With hockey recently starting, I know if I was in your shoes and couldn't watch the Kraken games in my area I would be reaching out as well. 

I've seen customers reporting they can now view content again, as well as on channel 1256. Are you still experiencing issues with only seeing the peacock logo or area sports team? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

@user_9l91by​ have problems here in Greencastle PA too

Official Employee

• 

743 Messages

Hey there, @user_uj00g2 ! That certainly is strange, and not the experience we want for our customers to have. Are you able to see the hockey game on channel 1256? Are you still seeing only the Peacock label on the other channel?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

11 months ago

I had the same issue in York PA. However as of right now MSN 846 seems to be back working again.

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

11 months ago

Still out here...

I too am having the same issue, in New Freedom PA.

I routinely watch Caps games and the Sports Junkies.

I have found 0 help on Xfinity's website.

Please share your MSN response here (if you hear back).

I'm afraid MSN is going to go away...

I am able to log into the MSN website and watch the Sports Junkies live now (with my Xfinity credentials)

Steve.

(edited)

7 Messages

I am in New Freedom and it is still out.  I continue to see the flashing peacock.  I called Xfinity yesterday and spoke to a tech.  He saw I posted this on the forum.  He was not really sure what was going on and after I explained the issues and many others having them, he did think it was on their end.  After sending a bunch of signals to my box it did not fix anything.  He was going to elevate to the advanced team or something like that, but then it told him a tech needed to come out.  I thought the tech was coming out to the area to fix something, but then he said they needed to come to my house.  Not sure why since it is not a single issue with me.  So I agreed hoping he might be able to see it and escalate it.  So he is coming out Monday morning.  No idea what he is going to do since it is a widespread issue.

Still no response from MSN, besides the standard we received your email and here is your incident #.  

I was able to watch the Caps on Monday night on channel 846, but then noticed it was not working prior to the game on Wednesday night.   I also have a feeling this channel will no longer be available in PA.  I have watched the Caps for an eternity, so this will not sit too well with me.  Wednesday I was able to login to the MSN site with Xfinity credentials as well and watch on my phone.  I also have a Roku stick and I loaded the MSN app up on it.  However, when it provides the code and I go to the website on my phone to activate it using the code it will not accept it.  When I login to MSN site and go to Account > Device Management I see my Roku listed.  Really strange it will not work.  I never had issues when it was NBC Sports Washington with channel or app.

3 Messages

11 months ago

I am in Hanover, PA and MSN is out here still as of 2 minutes ago.  One of the reasons I switched to Xfinity from Dish was to watch the Caps play.  Trying to get help from Xfinity is impossible.  

7 Messages

Agree they should be able to tell us if the channel has been disconnected for our viewing area.  Just strange it was fine without any issues when it was NBC Sports Washington and then when it was rebranded to MSN it worked as well, up until recently.  I have another email out to the MSN support, but I do not get any responses.  I also have something out on an Xfinity Reddit page.  Maybe if enough people start bringing it up they might realize something is wrong.  Just frustrated right now.

7 Messages

If any others want to try this  https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinity/.  I have been chatting with an Xfinity rep I guess. No solutions yet.  Also they did tell me about channel 27, 1251, and 1256 being the same.  1256 does not have programming and the others have the peacock.

3 Messages

Channel 1256 which is MSN 2 had the Peacock on it Wednesday night (it was suppose to be the Wizards Game) when I was trying to figure out a resolution to 846.  

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

11 months ago

In New Freedom now, seeing the below image on 1256 only. Still Peacocks on 27 and 846.

FWIW, the channel guide is calling 1256 MSN2.

Guessing for Wizards / Capitals conflicts.

I just might be persuaded that this is a good sign...

7 Messages

Yes I see the same thing on 1256 only.  However, when looking at the guide this channel only has Sign Off and nothing else.  From my chat with tech on Reddit they said they reported it to their back end team for further review.  I will keep my appointment for Monday to see if that tech has any thoughts or can kick it back to someone to look at.

3 Messages

11 months ago

I just checked and channel 846 is working here in Hanover, PA!  Check your TV's!

7 Messages

Just checked here in New Freedom and 846 and 1251 both work now.  

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

Yup, working at my place in New Freedom now too. What a cluster working with these companies...

Appreciate all the efforts here.

BTW, saw this for 1256, took it to mean it'll be used for conflicting games maybe?

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@user_5tt08j We appreciate you providing an update and are thrilled that you are now able to view your programming with no issues.

3 Messages

11 months ago

I am having the issue in Greencastle, PA on channels 846 and 1251.

I can however watch it on my phone on the Xfinity Stream app.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_nfk7bc Are you still having issues viewing 846 & 1251 outside the Xfinity Stream app?  

3 Messages

Yes, still have the Peacock on 846 and 1251

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_nfk7bc We can take a deeper look for you on this concern, and see if we can find additional information on the issue. Please send us a direct message, so we can gather additional details. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

3 Messages

Both channels are working tonight.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you so much for the update, and we are happy to hear that. If any issues do occur again, please do not hesitate to let us know! Our team is always here to help @user_nfk7bc.

5 Messages

11 months ago

Having the same issue in Waynesboro PA with Channels 846, 1251 & 1256.  Big CAPS fan so very, very disappointed.  I have contacted Xfinity several times now (Thursday Oct 19 live chat, Friday 20th live chat  & Saturday 21st called customer service and talked to person) , we have went through everything, the restart, refresh, unplugging, sending a signal etc.  On Saturday the lady told me it was a technical issue on Xfinity's end due to the signal and the rebranding of the channel.  She told me that it is still a part of my channel line up so it should be working.  She said she was fast tracking a work order to get this issue remedied quickly.  Asked her if I could get a text or email when issue is fixed and she said they don't do that, just to keep checking periodically to see if the channel is back???  Saturdays gametime came, still not working.  As of this morning Oct. 23 still not working. Very frustrating. I hope they have it fixed before Tuesdays game! 

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

All MN channels still working in New Freedom since the "fix" on Friday.

Hopefully they are just working their way through the different cable providers with whatever it is they do that seemingly takes too long to do...

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

Hello, @user_p0vz1v! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear that you are having issues with these channels. Since it has been a few days are you still having issues with the channels listed? If so, can you please click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon, enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat, and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you?

5 Messages

I do not have a Direct Message Icon at the top right of the page? 

I am still having the issue with channel 846, 1251, 1256.  I was on chat again last night, still no help.  Can we please get this fixed? We watch 846 a lot.  No trouble until 10/17.  I was assured last night on chat that this would be fixed (as I was with the other 3 chats and the live phone call) 

5 Messages

I have found the icon and have posted the Direct Message 

5 Messages

My channel 846 and 1251 are now working. Thank you to all who helped to get this done. It is appreciated!!!

1 Message

11 months ago

Our channels 846, 1251, and 1256 are not working in Greencastle, PA either...Please correct this issue...

5 Messages

Channel 846 and 1251 are working in Waynesboro PA now. Hopefully yours in Greencastle are working too. If not maybe soon.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Good afternoon @user_7xsks2, we're sorry to hear your channels 846, 1251 and 1256 weren't working, and apologize for any inconvenience. Are you able to access those channels now or are they still not working? If they still aren't working may I ask if you are getting error codes or messages on your screen?

1 Message

11 months ago

Same issue for me in western md. The tech who came wasn’t able to provide any insight but said he’d look into it. 

The caps are the only reason I have cable. If it’s not resolved, cord cutting will happen. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@nhaddaway, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. Let us know if you are still having an issue. We may need to take a closer look and run through some troubleshooting steps with you if it is still going on. 

1 Message

10 months ago

On my Xfinity box if I go to channel 846 for Monumental Network, what appears on screen id Big10 Network. I am trying to watch Capitals hockey. If I go to Xfinity stream on another TV or on my phone I can see it. 

Official Employee

• 

737 Messages

@user_z56lgg Hello, I am happy to be of assistance. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here