• 

1 Message

4 years ago

turn off sap

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

While checking your SAP setting is a first good step, it may not be the fix.  It wasn't for me either...and only NFL games were coming in for Spanish for me as well (even though SAP was turned to "off").  After digging through the forums for like 30 minutes, I think I found the fix. I did it and haven't had any Spanish broadcast for the NFL game for like 10 mins after I did the switch.  You have to turn off "video description" in your settings.  If you have an X1 remote, hit the "B" button (above the number pad) and that should bring up your settings screen.  Scroll down to "video description" and make sure it's turned to "off".  That seemed to help me at least.  Good luck!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@JordanM that did it for me. Thanks! I searched around for 30 minutes, [Edited: "Language"]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@JordanM you’re our hero! Ours is labeled ‘Audio Description’ but we’ve been living with this during Live Sports for days, finally fixed. Thank You!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@JordanM thank you I had checked the SAP and it was driving me crazy. Thanks for the fix!!

Contributor

• 

390 Messages

4 years ago

Perhaps you stumbled on to the Rosetta Stone channel for learning Spanish. 🙂

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you so much.  This was so frustrating. Even Xfinity Help was no help.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Thank you. This helped!!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

what is the purpose of this?????

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Thanks for posting this fix. Just used it. The only difference I found is that it was "audio description" that had to be turned off to stop getting the Spanish play-by-play.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

On phone for about 2 hours with xfinity to get help to change Spanish broadcast on nfl games. Could not help. Will mail new remote. Our old remote does not have many features on it so hope new remote will work. If others are having problem also nfl might lose bigger audience of English speakers than they gain with Spanish speakers!!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Ch 4 , 5 and 9 xfinity where nfl games are being played today Sunday 12 September- Cannot change any of them to English broadcasting.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi, @user_d4aa2d. The fix for this is normally turning video/audio description off, but if that doesn't work we want to help while it is going on. Please reach out here if it is still an issue.

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same problem here. Commentary on FOX 5 HD channel strictly coming in spanish. All other channels work how they should...in English. None of the suggestions for a fix via this forum or any other website work. There isn't a "video description" option, only a "audio description" option and all are off. Primary language....you guessed it. ENGLISH. 

Hopefully xfinity will fix this issue for English speaking customers in the USA. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

The audio for the Sunday and the Thursday night XFINITY NFL games in Jackson, MS were in Spanish. I did the following to stop broadcasting the NFL games in Spanish. In the area directly below the “Guide, Xfinity, and PG down” labels on the remote, I found and pressed the "B" button. This brings up the settings menu. I scrolled down to "Audio Description" and set it to "Off". This technique worked for me. Good luck!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_35780f 

"I found and pressed the "B" button. This brings up the settings menu. I scrolled down to "Audio Description" and set it to "Off". This technique worked for me."

This worked for me, thank you!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here